How good a cook are you?

Lurker

Re: How good a cook are you? Rajeev, Dunno if any bar is going to show it. Could be a desi bar or two in Surrey that might show it- i dunno.But a friend of mine has BellExpressVu and he can order it on match-day i think. If you can get free that day ( do we know which day it is? hopefully a weekend day) let me know- worst comes to worst, we can buy crickinfo live-feed and watch it at my place. But bottomline is, its an excuse to eat some of your chili chicken/chicken manchurian and chow mein. :hic:

Re: How good a cook are you? love to cook. do most of my cooking on weekends to give the wifey a break from the kitchen. typically cook south indian veg. items like sambar, rasam, aviyal, kootu, all curries. also good at few punjabi items like bartha and bindi masala. pretty good with mexican cooking as well. can make tasty veg burrito with spanish rice, guacamole, salsa and baked beans. one thing i love which i can't cook well is thai food. still trying to get my hand around a good repeatable tom-yum-kai (hot and sour) thai soup and the famous pad thai (rice noodles).

Re: How good a cook are you? Ok..India are in group B, Pak in Group D. Each team can finish as B1,B2,D1 and D2. B1 vs D1 is on 18th April- Wednesday B1 vs D2 is on 1st April - Sunday B2 vs D1 is on 15th April - Sunday B2 vs D2 is on 19th April - Thursday Well, if its on Sunday, i can definitely be free. If you can be too, then it'd be good as long as India and Pakistan don't finish on top of their groups. Ideally, gunning for an Indian victory over SL and WI victory of Pak. then.

Re: How good a cook are you?

ab is sunday butter chicken banana hi padega :hic:
Apo, if you can be so kind as to share your butter chicken recipe, i'd be very grateful. ( i've looked for one for ages and its one of the few dishes my mom doesn't know how to make. The recipes i found on the net are cr@p)
yeah sure will PM you soon

love to cook. do most of my cooking on weekends to give the wifey a break from the kitchen. typically cook south indian veg. items like sambar, rasam, aviyal, kootu, all curries. also good at few punjabi items like bartha and bindi masala. pretty good with mexican cooking as well. can make tasty veg burrito with spanish rice, guacamole, salsa and baked beans. one thing i love which i can't cook well is thai food. still trying to get my hand around a good repeatable tom-yum-kai (hot and sour) thai soup and the famous pad thai (rice noodles).
My mom makes awesome pad-thai....i can pass on her recipe if you want!

love to cook. do most of my cooking on weekends to give the wifey a break from the kitchen. typically cook south indian veg. items like sambar, rasam, aviyal, kootu, all curries. also good at few punjabi items like bartha and bindi masala. pretty good with mexican cooking as well. can make tasty veg burrito with spanish rice, guacamole, salsa and baked beans. one thing i love which i can't cook well is thai food. still trying to get my hand around a good repeatable tom-yum-kai (hot and sour) thai soup and the famous pad thai (rice noodles).
My mom makes awesome pad-thai....i can pass on her recipe if you want!
pls do. :wtg:

you mean to put recipe here?
yeah.... :hmph:
You can get either boneless chicken thighs or boneless chicken breasts. I prefer thighs as they are naturally juicy and turn out to be more flavorful at the end of preparation, without the addition of extra calories. 1. First of all chicken needs to be marinated with yogurt. The longer you let it marinate, the better the flavor it would have. It is totally your choice of masala which you want to use. I generally use Red chilli, a bit of Garam Masala, Salt, Amchur Powder ( sometimes Kitchen King and Chunky Chat masala by MDH :hic: ). Usually if you let it marinate for 4 hrs it would be good. But you can do it for 1-2 hrs also. 2. Before you start cooking, chop few onions. Also, if you are not using fresh tomatoes, use diced tomatoes. Tomato puree tends be a bit sour so I avoid that. Since you already are using yogurt, you don't worry that about the curry since you are not using tomato puree. 3. Fry the onions and add the diced tomatoes in it. add some water and let mix it well. Let it cook on low heat for 10 min or so. 4. Use the same pot in which you have marinated chicken. Just put it on stove and add this mixture of onions and tomato in it. 5. Let it boil and in between keep stirring. Make sure u add some water otherwise chicken will stick to the bottom of the pot. 6. Also you can add basil or oregano on top :hic: and it is ready.

You can get either boneless chicken thighs or boneless chicken breasts. I prefer thighs as they are naturally juicy and turn out to be more flavorful at the end of preparation, without the addition of extra calories.
That tells me right there that the guy knows what he is talking about! Does it turn out anything like this? buttter_chicken_curry_dish.jpg By the way where is the Butter in this Butter Chicken? :chin: :chin:

Re: How good a cook are you? I make Daal Tadka, Khichri, Chiken Masala (Spicy), Gobi Fry, Bhindi fry, Fish Fry, Aloo chaat. All spicy and hot otherwise whats the point cooking :shrug: Non-spicy stuff cud b, Butter Chik, Paav-bhaji