How good a cook are you?

Lurker

Re: How good a cook are you? a big hand to Apocalypse..... jus my kind of guy.... i love cooking myself.... and tht chicken does look seductive... btw, have u ever tried pounding/tenderising the breast and pan roasting for a min to seal the juice and then making holes in it with a fork and simmering in that gravy u made... it can turn out fantastic too.... thanks for the recipe, bro...

Re: How good a cook are you?

Lurker ji... aapko accha lage to batayega :hic:
Amma miyaan accha nahin kuch jyaada hi accha lag gaya. Itna ke now I feel hungry! Lagta hai I definitely need to come visit you. Very good stuff man. Must say am impressed. Apart from the food(which looked great), it seems you take care of your kitchen too. I mean your gas stove seemed spotless!! Mine is a shade of white, black, brown and god knows what! Only consistent thing about my stove is that it seems to get darker by the week :roll::roll: I shall post some of the stuff I make here as well at times. Would be nice if others did the same. xx

yeah Lurks.... lets use this thread to post our favorite recipes.... man' date=' i love this thread.....[/quote'] Done. Will post some pictures soon. Tab tak how about this mouth watering Chicken Lollypop(no offense to vegetarians here). Man how I miss those Indian-Chinese foods :eew: 126860351_06c26627fd_m.jpg

Re: How good a cook are you? let me start off with this simple dish, which used to be my favorite weekday dinner..... but i have quit beef now for more than 6 months... Disclaimer : I dont support or encourage eating Beef. I learnt this, while I used to live with a Vietnamese chap. Take your favorite cut of steak. Cut it into small pieces(pretty small)... about an inch length by half an inch width..... now massage them with small pieces of garlic, ginger and soy sauce.... a lil (couple of spoon of merlot).... set it aside for an hour.... heat a wok, some EVOO, add sliced onions pre-washed in boiling hot water, sliced tomatoes, the beef medley and stir for 4 mins until the beef turns slightly brown... turn off the stove and immediately squeeze some lemon on top of it...put lots of cilantro on it.... now comes the dressing part.... put some rice on the plate.... on the other side, put this dish.... some fresh lettuce and cucumber on it... 10 min preparation....

Take your favorite cut of steak. Cut it into small pieces(pretty small)... about an inch length by half an inch width..... now massage them with small pieces of garlic, ginger and soy sauce.... a lil (couple of spoon of merlot).... set it aside for an hour....
Good one Gator. Here's a question though - is massage same as marinating? I mean if I prepare the masala then dump the meat into it, mix for a while and let me stay, would that be same? I have heard this term - massaging - but have never understood how its different from marination.

Re: How good a cook are you? Lurk... usually, if it is a huge piece of meat, u do tenderising and marination.... if it is a collection of small pieces, like in my recipe, u massage it for uniform penetration of the marinade... this massage is obviously different from massaging the cow, which Japs do to relax the cow and tenderise the meat... and u know the result, the best steak - the Kobe Variety...

Guest dada_rocks

Re: How good a cook are you? Ye fad hai ya real change: Most of the girls claim they don't know how to cook or seldom cook and most of the guys not only enjoy cooking but even love to talk about it.. Girls it's time u check this rot lest even the last bastion will be lost. PS: Even in profession which otherwise u will associate with gals guys trump their fairer sex counter part hands down. PPS: For the chcike fantics try cooking butter-chicken the stuff u get in indian retaurants is not even patch on the real authentic recipe.

For the chcike fantics try cooking butter-chicken the stuff u get in indian retaurants is not even patch on the real authentic recipe.
especially in the US.... any corner, any indian restaurant.... same sauce, same taste with boneless chunks floating....

Guest dada_rocks

For the chcike fantics try cooking butter-chicken the stuff u get in indian retaurants is not even patch on the real authentic recipe.
especially in the US.... any corner, any indian restaurant.... same sauce, same taste with boneless chunks floating....
Exactly hamene to restaurant jana hi chhor diya hai.. i can cook better stuff than theirs even when i am half-asleep

Guest dada_rocks

though' date=' u got to admit... the pakistani restaurants, though they have bad ambience, have some authentic dishes....[/quote'] I never stepped foot inside barring once and boy I guess hygiene is not yet popular on that side of border and then there was that stench of concoction of itra and perspiration emanating from everywhere. I can't recall the taste of what I ate. Was trying to whiz through the process of eating.