How good a cook are you?

Lurker

Guest dada_rocks

Re: How good a cook are you?

lol DR.... u r right about the hygiene part though..... but there is some authenticity to those dishes' date=' than the commercial fare served in indian restaurants in US....[/quote'] i too have heard alot about their meat dishes.......got to visit lahore some day

Apocalypse, I too made some channe ki sabzi this night. It was an all veggie food affair with channe ke cholle with raita and egg-fried rice. Well close to 100% veggie food that is. img0548by7.jpg
Lurks.... thts looks delish.... btw, ur gravy looks dark brown, while mine looks much lighter.... do u add something which makes it dark brown?

Lurks.... thts looks delish.... btw, ur gravy looks dark brown, while mine looks much lighter.... do u add something which makes it dark brown?
Gator. That colour comes from Tamarind(Imli). I use tamarind when I dont use tomatoes or when I want to cut down on my salt consumption. The taste changes in a very different, and to me a likeable, way and also brings out a deeper colour. :lol:

Re: How good a cook are you? I am actually a good cook :hic: I can cook various kinds of Pasta, Lasagna, Rice and Ramen Noodles. Indian cooking is hard because it requires lot of work and attention. But I am sure that my life partner will certainly appreciate my cooking skills and she will be glad she is with me :hmph:

Lurker' date=' don't tell me you go gymming on that kind of food... :doh:[/quote'] I do actually. Not always but quite often. Channa gives you good dietary fibre with a little amount of protein. Raita gives you quality slow digesting protein. Just throw in some eggs/chicken and you have a nice complete meal. Over the weekend I intend to make paneer Tikka masala and chicken tandoori..Watch this space... :hic:

I am actually a good cook :hic: I can cook various kinds of Pasta' date=' Lasagna, Rice and Ramen Noodles. Indian cooking is hard because it requires lot of work and attention. But I am sure that my life partner will certainly appreciate my cooking skills and she will be glad she is with me :hmph:[/quote'] Good to know that mate. I must say its nice to know that more and more guys are into cooking these days and quite often are pretty decent cooks. Augurs well for self-independence as also helping with domestic chores. :wtg: :wtg:

gator: though traditionally tea is added to get the black color in chole/chick peas tea is wrapped in small cloth and kept at the bottom inside the vessel and it gives dark color
wow.... never knew tht part... Predator man, u r a real rookie.... i have been working out for close to 14 yrs... wen i was young in india, my parents were vegetarian and so 80% of the time, my diet was vegetarian.... many of my old friends vouch tht, i used to look much better back then, though i am stronger and bigger now... milk, yogurt, eggs, beans, LOTSA DAL, and Veggies are more than enough for u to have a good beach body... provided u know when to consume wat and how to workout efficiently and effectively.. only, if u are into professional bodybuilding or u r a rookie , u need the creatine, lotsa whey, plenty of meat.... basically the easy route... unfortunately, people understand this after a loooong time and before tht they quit....