Religious discussions on this board are out of hand...

yoda

We have folks dragging through the gutter every religion on earth. Is there a limit to such discussion on this site or is there not? We have CC saying Krishna couldn't keep his loins under control. We have dr calling Mohammad a child molester. I am ok with the current standards as long as I know it. If so, I will avoid all religion related discussion on this site instead of polluting my mind with such gutter. I don't know how many others agree, if so, pls feel free to voice your opinion.

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... To me it is more than just having a separate section. We seem to revere our cricketers and get upset when someone comes and bashes them. When the same thing happens to someone like your own God or a Prophet there seems to be no limit here. It is disgusting, really. Anyways I don't see much interest in this topic. I will consider myself a minority and avoid all such threads which slowly but surely reach a gutter state sooner than later.

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... People should take responsibility for what they write was our motto but unfotunately that just doesn't seem to be working as for topics regarding religion goes. I've said before I'll say it again every religion has holes and no religions is as clean as it is made out to be. Smart are the ones that keeps religions at an arm length. It'll help to spend a day peacefully if you detach from these man made religions.

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand...

We have dr calling Mohammad a child molester.
And it is a fact ... you may not like it ... but thats a different story .. you cannot expect people to lie just because you or anybody else dont like to face facts.
I guess you got your answer Yoda...the Mod sahib himself wants this tamasha to continue!

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... Religious flame wars ignite briefly when someone tries to instigate another person's belief or convictions . Angry people tend to jump to and act on conclusions. Some of those conclusions can be pretty wild. Elucidating religious truth also doesnt benefit much, only thing is we should not consider religion as a dividing line and give proper reverence to Godly entities in a religion..

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... Why should religion be a taboo topic? There are many of us who don't give a shyte about religion. Go on, spew abuse at mine, see if I care. If we can talk about nations, race, cricket (hey, that's a religion unto itself!), northies, southies, Gujaraties, Biharis and Kashmiris, we can also talk about religion. It's not a sensitive topic on this forum.

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... Here is my take on this. Religious discussions are great but if and only if they are done as discussion and not due to spite. A lot of times I see criticism coming from users not because they have genuine concerns but more because they have extreme dislike and that hatred spills out in thread. Frankly as an Indian it makes me worried to see such hatred at times. Ravi has put it quite correctly that every people should take responsibility for his actions. So long as we do that we should be good.

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... Ok. I think we have the official word. It is a no holds barred zone as far as religious bashing is concerned. Thanks for clarifying that Dhondy so that those of us who still revere our Krishnas and Ramas can avoid these gutter level discussion threads.

so that those of us who still revere our Krishnas and Ramas can avoid these gutter level discussion threads.
You sure, Yoda? Clicking on a thread that says, "Krishna was a adulterer" is almost as irresistable as clicking on one that says, "Sachin is a FTB" :hic:

Why should religion be a taboo topic? There are many of us who don't give a shyte about religion. Go on, spew abuse at mine, see if I care. If we can talk about nations, race, cricket (hey, that's a religion unto itself!), northies, southies, Gujaraties, Biharis and Kashmiris, we can also talk about religion. It's not a sensitive topic on this forum.
Precisely ! I for one, couldn't care less about what one says about hinduism or Islam or Christianity. The purpose of a forum is to allow for the expression of people's various viewpoints. As long as the discussion remains within the realms of civility and doesn't descend into a slanging match with swears and personal insults being thrown around; everything goes. I find the views of many posters on here to be repulsive, but there is no point in complaining about it. They are entitled to say whatever they like and if the possibility for a debate exists, then they should be encouraged to continue posting. If you are so bothered by the views of particular posters, i strongly suggest you do what others do and ignore them. If you don't like it, don't read it - that way, at least the rights of others posters (who DO want to discuss their controversial issues) will be preserved. Plus, it's beneficial for ICF to maintain the high amount of debate on the general discussions forums. We have been receiving more hits, and more posts on this forum and that itself is enough justification to allow the debates to continue. You aren't obligated to participate if you don't want to. If you would like to discussion on different things which may interest you, create a thread for it. Simple.

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... I disagree... Why cant we keep religious people out of our discussions. Religions, countries, faiths, beliefs fine with me. Race, cast, whatever you say> Go on. But no Krisha and Mohemmad. Count me out of this forum otherwise. like you all but there has to be a limit to everything. I mean tommorrow, some boys here wants to go on discussing how to rape 10 year old girl?? Would we agree with that as long as they keep it between themself. Its on the forum and some1 has to take the responsibility for it. If there are 2-4 people who want to do that then they can do it anywhere else. We have nice sections for jokes, genral discussions, cooking, politics, geography. This forum is not mine. I wont lose a dime neither you all if I dont come here. But I enjoy coming here and just talking to you all. Please do not encourage anything thats evil.

I disagree... Why cant we keep religious people out of our discussions. Religions, countries, faiths, beliefs fine with me. Race, cast, whatever you say> Go on. But no Krisha and Mohemmad. Count me out of this forum otherwise. like you all but there has to be a limit to everything. I mean tommorrow, some boys here wants to go on discussing how to rape 10 year old girl?? Would we agree with that as long as they keep it between themself. Its on the forum and some1 has to take the responsibility for it. If there are 2-4 people who want to do that then they can do it anywhere else. We have nice sections for jokes, genral discussions, cooking, politics, geography. This forum is not mine. I wont lose a dime neither you all if I dont come here. But I enjoy coming here and just talking to you all. Please do not encourage anything thats evil.
Good point you make there. Just because it is no holds it doesn't mean you discuss some really nasty things here. From what I have seen religion is one of the most abused words on cricket forums. I still don't understand what anyone wants to prove by proving some religion is not good enough to follow. Everyone has their right to make a choice and if someone picked up Islam or Hindu by choice the rest can't go around questioning why an individual did that. Leave it to the individuals to make their decisions. As much as you are wise the next person is too. I don't agree with those that say keep away from threads that offends ya. This website clearly is up for "Cricket followers" in general and the "General Discussions" thread is to only to supplement discussing things that are outside cricket. To use this as a medium to bombard the short comings of any religion is not fair. Obviously a thread like "hindu/islam god is a molester, womaniser" will catch the attention of regular posters that don't even come here to discuss anything outside cricket. You can't expect every poster not to be sensitive or religious. I may not care about that topic but how about my neighbour who is way sensitive and religious. I don't want to be part of this too but at times some posts/threads catch my attention. I've learnt to ignore them but at times I think it is going a bit too overboard.

We have dr calling Mohammad a child molester.
And it is a fact ... you may not like it ... but thats a different story .. you cannot expect people to lie just because you or anybody else dont like to face facts.
I guess you got your answer Yoda...the Mod sahib himself wants this tamasha to continue!
MP ..... I have also said in the past that such topics and statements are subject to correction .. I will be more than Glad to correct myself if you can substantiate your claim .... You even have my email addy and I await to see your side of the story. The bottomline is we gotta be as close to the facts as we possibly can .... and myself personally I put in a lot of time researching the subject and Iam not here to sensationalize such things. But what I have seen is that most people who get upset about these things NEVER EVER come back with any sort of substantiation to back up their claims .... So all this crying foul seems a bit hypocritical to me. In short ... this is not a joke people ... those who are not mature enough to handle these topics should PLEASE stay away from them.
I have already had this discussion with you and i have nothing new to add so i guess i will simply paste what i wrote before " I understand that her young age distresses many people today, and given the current environment we live in it is quite understandable why however you should know that the youth of Arabia fifteen hundred years ago fought in battles, got married and took care of their families in their teens( so by teenage years they had their own family). This was a norm of that society. The other various accusations which are leveled against the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) are also wrong because prophet's first wife was fifteen years older than him, and every wife after 'Aisha was a widow. It's also important to know that Aisha's father(Hazat Abu Bakr) had tried to spare her the dangers of the journey to Medina( you can read about the migration of Muslims) by solemnizing her marriage to her fiance, Jubair, son of Mutam ibn Adi. However, Mutam refused to honor the long-standing betrothal, as he did not wish his family to be connected to the Muslim outcasts. So it was only AFTER that incident that Mohammed(PBUH) married Aisha."

Re: Religious discussions on this board are out of hand... i have requested many times to the mods to ban CC for insulting Lord Krishna and the Bagavad Gita..... may I know, why no action was taken.... Bheem was a part of the thread as a poster and hence it will not look good, if he used his mod powers.... But I was hoping one of the other mods would step in and ban/warn/edit him, but no avail....