Sonu Nigam!

Gambit

Re: Sonu Nigam! Good stuff. Thanks for sharing Gambit. I suppose now we all know why Sonu Nigam's arrival put paid to the likes of Sanu, SP Balasubramanyam, Suresh Wadkar etc. Though I personally would have liked the mimicry act to be much shorter, towards the end it kind lost its mojo. On an aside note I have always liked Sonu Nigam. Not so much for his voice but more for the way he has carried himself. A very much self-made man who does not pretend what he is not. It must have been a long while since I saw a Bollywood celebrity giving his act in Hindi. Just see how he pays his respect to SP Balasubramanyam with a "SP saab ka to main bhagat hoon". Frankly I can not remember when was the last time I heard that word - bhagat. What I do know is that if there was a Tom, Dick or Fardeen he would have definitely hammed an English answer with a "Ohh I am such a huge fan of blah blah blah". Cant help remembering how Sonu would compere some of those Saregamapa serials bringing in real Indian gems like Kumar Gandharva etc. Today of course it is Himesh Reshamiyya and Uppen Patel. :roll: xxx