With Selectors Like These We Should Kiss the WorldCup,Asia Cup Good Bye

CG

Again we have to wait for a post 2007 world cup like overhaul as the setup has stagnated,The selectors are picking Odis Squads out of t20 performances and there is no vision.I guess we have to wait till they are sacked and if we are knocked out of Asia cup in first round,that could do it.Wish Nehra Gets Hammered In Srilanka ,which could well end his career

Agree. There are so many holes and deficiencies in this squad. No wicket taking opening bowlers, no big hitters lower down the order and poor fielders are the major weaknesses. Not sure if this can be fixed by the WC. There appears no vision or strategy from the selectors - just random selections from tournament to tournament. Not impressed at all. The bigger question though as I see it is that is this current group of players all the selectors have to work from or is there talent out there they are wilfully ignoring?

i agree Nehra is not a great bowler but you have had a look at our bowling resources it doesn't matter most our "pace" bowlers are **** ? who is the alternative ? everyone is in terrible form or just not better than NEhra selectors have to choose between exposing RP/Ishanth/Sreesanth so they can regain form or go for Nehra. Devil and and the Deep sea situation as far as seamers are concerned for the selectors, one can only empathize with them in this situation.

Agree. There are so many holes and deficiencies in this squad. No wicket taking opening bowlers, no big hitters lower down the order and poor fielders are the major weaknesses. Not sure if this can be fixed by the WC. There appears no vision or strategy from the selectors - just random selections from tournament to tournament. Not impressed at all. The bigger question though as I see it is that is this current group of players all the selectors have to work from or is there talent out there they are wilfully ignoring?
pray who might that be ??? do we have a credible performer in that role at all ????
that is wat worries me,there is no process at all.
i agree Nehra is not a great bowler but you have had a look at our bowling resources it doesn't matter most our "pace" bowlers are **** ? who is the alternative ? everyone is in terrible form or just not better than NEhra selectors have to choose between exposing RP/Ishanth/Sreesanth so they can regain form or go for Nehra. Devil and and the Deep sea situation as far as seamers are concerned for the selectors, one can only empathize with them in this situation.
Exactly. Nehra is the best of a bad lot. Don't care if people don't like him, his performances have been better than the rest
Exactly. Nehra is the best of a bad lot. Don't care if people don't like him' date=' his performances have been better than the rest[/quote'] He has been pants. Drop him. His fielding and batting are also a disgrace. The continued tired line of there is no one else, is the worst reason to select someone ever. YOU WONT KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY SOMEONE ELSE. We need to try players who bowl with pace thus Dind is good move and would also have gone for Yadav as well, if everyone bowls badly trhen can bring back the peoples champion goofy nehra for world cup
He has been pants. Drop him. His fielding and batting are also a disgrace. The continued tired line of there is no one else, is the worst reason to select someone ever. YOU WONT KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY SOMEONE ELSE. We need to try players who bowl with pace thus Dind is good move and would also have gone for Yadav as well, if everyone bowls badly trhen can bring back the peoples champion goofy nehra for world cup
Yadav was crap in Zim.clearly hes not ready for intl. cricket yet.
that is wat worries me' date='there is no process at all.[/quote'] When was the last time in our cricket history we had a vision or strategy in selections that you are worried about its lack now? We were just plain lucky to have Dravid, Lax, Sach, dada, Kumble all playing at the same time. if we had a vision or strategy in selection wouldn't we have phased ou their retirements and identified suitable replacements for them and blooded them in. We just pick randomly from a bunch thats available domestically, the ones that have real talent perform and hold onto their place, the rest keep doing musical chairs untill a new lot come in.
He has been pants. Drop him. His fielding and batting are also a disgrace. The continued tired line of there is no one else, is the worst reason to select someone ever. YOU WONT KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY SOMEONE ELSE. We need to try players who bowl with pace thus Dind is good move and would also have gone for Yadav as well, if everyone bowls badly trhen can bring back the peoples champion goofy nehra for world cup
:hysterical: If we are expecting Nehra's batting to help us, then God save us.
He was not crap. Stats were not great but bowled well at times
lol n u u saying Nehra is crap:haha:Yadav kept bowling short.had no variations.he was hyped about his pace but he didnt have that either.Dinda bowled faster than him n in 2nd spell Yadav was in low 130s

People have lost common sense, You all criticize like our masala media but you yourself have no solution. You talk about vision but you urself have no definition about what exactly is vision. And please The Realist, and cricket_god, you talk about the problems, but do you have a solution as I think the selectors have done their best to solve the problem

I think the Topic title is misleading..Selectors can be blamed if they are not giving chances to players who have match winning potentials.. If the team full of rockstars (who have been failing regularly in most of the ICC events for many years now) can't do well in the next ODI WC, then selectors can't be blamed.. The seniors are back and they are running out of excuses now...

SREESANTH:hatsoff:
agreed like i said in another post they could have gone with an out of form sreesanth/RP or Ishanth but they decided to take a punt on Dinda. we know the three at least capable of bowling well though they haven't in recent years should pick one and give him confidence of a place in the squad in imho
agreed like i said in another post they could have gone with an out of form sreesanth/RP or Ishanth but they decided to take a punt on Dinda. we know the three at least capable of bowling well though they haven't in recent years should pick one and give him confidence of a place in the squad in imho
no point in picking these guys now.if at all.they coulds have been tried in Zim series.but now that selectors have given Dinda a chance,we need to give him a fair go