Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter?

Lurker

Re: Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter? I'd prefer something hand written from that special someone...it means so much more especially in this age of emails, instant messaging and text messaging. Last letter I hand wrote was for a Valentine's Day gift 2 years ago lol.

Re: Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter? When me and wife were dating, long-distance tht is.... occassionally, we would write each other letters, jus cos emails are not even a patch on the effect tht hand-written letter can generate...

Re: Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter? I suppose I can get a tad poetic about hand-written letters really. I love them, love writing them and receiving them. Of course these days I do not do that so often, and when I do I can not help but wonder how my hand writing has gone down the tube. Sometimes I wonder if anyone gives a Fountain Pen as a birthday gift anymore(not the status symbol Mont Blanc kind really). Of course as Gator and Aditi mentioned it is so much more fun to receive a hand written letter from that someone special. Or there can be merging of technology with old school. Like the time someone sent me a letter written on a printout page with her face as the background. That was divine really. So how do you folks rate your handwriting? Great? Good? Or like a Doctor :eew:

Re: Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter? mine sucks... jus cos, my writing need averages to prolly 5 pages a year... it used to be good though..... now, it jus feels weird holding a pen.... i feel, the computers have spoilt us..... i know wat u mean, lurks.... the romance of gifting and receiving expensive fountain pens, collecting them....

Re: Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter?

i feel, the computers have spoilt us..... i know wat u mean, lurks.... the romance of gifting and receiving expensive fountain pens, collecting them....
True. I do not want to sound like an old hack suggesting "Those were the days" but cannot help but wonder as to how kids write today? computers at schol?

Re: Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter? Email of course. In this current age you can't be bothered wasting paper for expressing your thoughts. Paper free environment will help save us much needed trees around the world. It doesn't matter whether email or letter the writing style won't really change just because it is on paper IMO. I do rate my handwriting pretty good but don't prefer to write. Typing is much more quicker and you don't need attics or garage to store emails :hic:

Re: Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter? i have so many emails from my Gf..which i have read not more than once... but my birthday Cards...or any special card... i keep looking at them whenever i feel like feeling her near me.. the diff is like Home cooked food by Mother and Restaurant food by chef... and i do prefer to write hand written letters as i know my hand writing is very good..if these letters are not long enough.. :hic:

Re: Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter?

but my birthday Cards...or any special card... i keep looking at them whenever i feel like feeling her near me..
True true. Kinda reminded me of the whole Autograph book thingy in school and college. I am not sure if that is a prevalent thing all across India but atleast in our part of the country towards the very end(of school/college semester) there would be nostalgia sweeping across the campus. One would take care to write something from the heart, and as unique as possible. Even today its great fun looking them up, remembering those faces and just breaking into a smile. [Note to self] time to dig out those books tonight. :love:

Re: Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter? Awww I remember the autograph books in India...I had a couple of those and I still have them safely locked away...love going through them every now and then, remembering the good old days :)

Re: Do you prefer an email or a hand written letter? i like letters because you can hold them. the tactile feeling of something written by someone else is underrated. and i prefer sending photos and music to people by mail -- instead of just sending mp3s or jpegs on the net. you can write on the backs of photos and make cool cover art etc. more fun, generally -- both to send and receive.