Natural wonder

Mandrake

Re: Natural wonder Kashmir has lotsa pretty places. Used to live in a place called Nagrota as a kid, and we travelled all over Kashmir during the summer/winter breaks. Loved going to Gulmarg especially during the winter. There used to be a ski-jump ramp there which I found astounding at the time, lol. Dal Lake is pretty cool too, and the shikaras used to be a lotta fun.

Re: Natural wonder

Kashmir has lotsa pretty places. Used to live in a place called Nagrota as a kid, and we travelled all over Kashmir during the summer/winter breaks. Loved going to Gulmarg especially during the winter. There used to be a ski-jump ramp there which I found astounding at the time, lol. Dal Lake is pretty cool too, and the shikaras used to be a lotta fun.
Wow. Brought back memories of Kashmir when i visited the place in 1988. But as cool and scenic Kashmir is, i found Sikkim to be more interesting/beautiful, especially with a clear view of Kanchenjunga from Gangtok and their orchid gardens. The most amazing natural wonder i've seen personally ( well, from a plane comming in to land more like it) is the twin harbours of Carthage. I looked out of the window and saw the twin harbors- perfect semi circular beaches and deep natural harbor- not one but TWO that are side by side. It almost made sense why the Romans genocided the Carthaginians after i saw the twin harbors.

Re: Natural wonder :lmao: :lmao: @ Mandrake

Wow. Brought back memories of Kashmir when i visited the place in 1988. But as cool and scenic Kashmir is, i found Sikkim to be more interesting/beautiful, especially with a clear view of Kanchenjunga from Gangtok and their orchid gardens.
Yeah Gangtok was pretty cool. The tea gardens along the hills are a joy to watch. Also the trip to Nathula Pass, and the lake (forgot the name) that comes along the way was absolutely wonderful. Nice Budhist Gompas(?) in there as well.

Re: Natural wonder Valley of Flowers in the Kumon valley. hiked 26 kilometers with a group of other enthusiasts in 1998 from Jaganath to Joshimath and then the next morning to the Valley of Flowers. most exhilarating and yet most humbling experience of my life. had i been alone it could have been a spiritual undertaking too. December 2007, when i return home, its on the top of my agenda!