Sign in to follow this  
Gunner_Mania

Barclays Premier League 2010-11

Barclays Premier League 2010-11  

1. 1.

Time to open a new thread as the fixture lists has been announced.

Chelsea will begin the defence of their Premier League title with a home match against newly promoted West Bromwich Albion on Saturday 14 August. Heavyweights Liverpool and Arsenal will meet at Anfield on the opening weekend.
Opening weekend - Saturday, 14 August Aston Villa v West Ham Blackburn v Everton Blackpool v Wigan Bolton v Fulham Chelsea v West Brom Liverpool v Arsenal Man Utd v Newcastle Sunderland v Birmingham Tottenham v Man City Wolverhampton v Stoke Saturday, 21 August Arsenal v Blackpool Birmingham v Blackburn Everton v Wolverhampton Fulham v Man Utd Man City v Liverpool Newcastle v Aston Villa Stoke v Tottenham West Brom v Sunderland West Ham v Bolton Wigan v Chelsea Saturday, 28 August Aston Villa v Everton Blackburn v Arsenal Blackpool v Fulham Bolton v Birmingham Chelsea v Stoke Liverpool v West Brom Man Utd v West Ham Sunderland v Man City Tottenham v Wigan Wolverhampton v Newcastle Club by Club Fixtures can be found here

It depends on a) whether Cesc stays or how well we cope up if he goes b) do we get anybody else new. We definitely need 2 CBs, assuming Gallas, Sol & possibly Silvestre are gone. More importantly we need a Goalkeeper. Chamakh and RvP's return should sort out the forwards and strengthen our chances of scoring more goals

Got the same kinda reaction when I said this 7 years ago' date=' what happened in 2003-04 is now in golden history. :cool:[/quote'] Henry, Viera, Pires, Bergkamp :adore: RVP,Nasri, etc etc all kids! :hehe:

Henry, Viera, Pires, Bergkamp :adore: RVP,Nasri, etc etc all kids! :hehe:
All we need is a good CB and a Goalie, We have always been a good attacking team, infact one of the best in the World, when it comes to one touch gameplay. :cool:

All we need is a good CB and a Goalie' date=' We have always been a good attacking team, infact one of the best in the World, when it comes to one touch gameplay. :cool:[/quote'] Agreed, on a serious note would love to see Arsenal doing well at Europe and England. Hope we hold on to Vidic and buy a good striker :pray:

United are not going to buy any more strikers. They might buy another virtually unknown holding midfielder or if they go for a marquee signing, it could be David Silva. I read somewhere that if Vidic decides to quit then Chiellini could be bought in. He is one guy I would love to have in the team. He is just 26 and is one of the best CBs in the world. Juve themselves are financial down and after their torrid last season they are trying to make a few changes within the club. So, it shouldn't be a problem to sign him if SAF steps up the pressure.

Can't remember where but I read somewhere that Jose was looking at Vidic to take him to Madrid. As far as transfer rumours go, the most uncontrollable laughter I had though was reading that West Ham were planning on signing Titi from Barca and Joe Cole.

Blues beetches :aha: #1 Benayoun #2 #3 #4 Still few more spots left for signings for blues.
Soon to be :aha: #1 Benayoun #2 Khideria(germany) #3 Torres/Aguero #4 Manires(brazil) :pray: Blues will easily defend their crown if they get at least 3 of the four players listed. :finger:

It's sad to see that there is no United rep amongst the mods. It's high time people gave a serious thought about it :)
We were thinking about appointing Il Pea :D Where is the little rascal these days?

Guest Hiten.   
Guest Hiten.
lol' date=' no! He is sensible! :cantstop:[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

We were thinking about appointing Il Pea :D Where is the little rascal these days?
I am in Mysore on an official visit while he is at Chennai. It will take him min. two weeks to come online, that's unless he steals a lappy or gets his lazy ass to a cyber cafe.
lol' date=' no! He is sensible! :cantstop:[/quote'] :(

I am really worried about the lack of tried and tested signings by United. Last season, they were very lucky to finish so close to Chelsea in spite of losing seven matches (the most in their PL history) and that was mainly due to Chelsea's own problems with a new coach on board, injuries to main players, etc. and the form of Wayne Rooney, but I can't see Chelsea struggling again and WR to continue with his impeccable form. SAF has virtually done nothing(the jury is still out on Chris Smalling) to fix the problem he had to face in the absence of Vidic and Rio (remember Carrick/Fletch had to play as CBs at one point of time) and all we hear now is that Vidic is likely to make a move to Camp Nou. If that happens and if Utd done sign a quality defender (Rio is aging too), they can kiss the PL good-bye. With the current squad, Man Utd will do well to finish in top three, let alone win the championship. I don't have high expectations of them doing well in the UCL too. A spot in the semis would do for me.

The transfer season for all practical purposes will only start after the World Cup in a World cup year atleast for the big clubs. As for Manchester United, if you haven't seen this then watch this FtwCAc1PFDI QFw5ffQg9EE&feature=related UZfM86RPacA&feature=related

The transfer season for all practical purposes will only start after the World Cup in a World cup year atleast for the big clubs. As for Manchester United, if you haven't seen this then watch this
Nope, that is not how it usually works. They tend to poach their "targets" well before the world cup kicks off for the fear of influx in the players' price tag on account of a good cup showing.David Villa, Javier Hernandez? Of course, if your club is owned by a Russian or an Arab oil billionaire, you can afford to wait and watch the proceedings as they unfold.

Utd will do well to finish in the top three, let alone win it. Btw Ganso > Sandro. He and Neymar are the future of Brazilian football. But, it will take sometime before we see the duo play for a top European club as their release clause demands huge sums.