whose sacrifice was greater???

theguyinallblue

i was watching Vikaram-Baitaal...just the other day..and this very interesting episode came.. in the story there was a king who was a very kind..protective and caring king... he used to take great care of his kingdom and its people...and always helped the needy... And there was a body guard of the king....who was very loyal..and had promised that he will protect the king till his last breath... now the story moves on... The Goddess of prosperity was once heard crying ..and king send his bodyguard to inquire about the incident.. Goddess tells the bodyguard that king has to die..as Kaal Devta is hungry and he needs food... and if Kaal Devta eats the king...this kingdom will never face any problem...and will always be very prosperous and happy... but bodyguard says that he can not let his king die...and instead he will become the food of the kaal devta along with his family...to make kaal devta happy...and thus giving life to the king for another 100 years.. now The king overhears this conversation...and decides that he can not sacrifice the life of his praja.,..for his long life of 100 years... and decides that he will go to kaal devta and offer himself as his food... so both the body guard and his family along with the king....offers themselves to the kaal devta....one after the other... so whose sacrifice will be deemed greater..and who will earn more "Punya" for the sacrifice...??? along with the reasons.. :hic: ..... very interesting episode...

Re: whose sacrifice was greater??? According to the Great King Vikramaditya...his answer was.. The sacrifice of the king was greater... i do not recollect what his exact reasoning was.. but it was like ..king was a great leader..and his kingdom needed him most... i know many people will not be satisfied with two lines i have written...but when i hard his logic..i was convinced that king's sacrifice was greater...

Re: whose sacrifice was greater???

the king was already gonna die' date=' man..... wat is the big sacrifice in acceptiing it..... but the bodyguard was gonna live and he chose to die..... bigger sacrifice.....[/quote'] bodyguard's job is to protect the king at any cost. king's job is to ensure prosperity of his kingdom at any cost. so, duty wise, they both did whey they are "supposed" to do. but if you look at the end result, one results in saving the life of a single man, while the other results in the prosperity of the larger population.

Re: whose sacrifice was greater??? Off course King. because after he overhears the conversation that the kigdom will be prosperous and happy and never face any problems after his death. He gives it up. Its his dharma and duty as well as a king. In my view his sacrifice is the greatest because by taking away the guard and his family, the kingdom wouldn't be out of dangers. Whatever king is doing is for the kigdom for the greater mass than what the guard is doing just trying to save 1 life that of the king. But king is dieing for the betterment of the thousands. So despite knowing that guard is giving away his life, he doesnt stay back but goes ahead and face it. He could have chosen not to after overhearing the guard but he did. The King.