FIFA WC 2010: Argentina Supporters Thread

Malcolm Merlyn

I wanna see Europe and S. America rivalary.. France is out so I hope England, Spain, Germany, Portugal, holland give Argies, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Urugway some fight.. and us viewers some good games.. Italians play boring games.. Mexico is already set up against Argies.. so one is already down.. so Lets see.. I hope US makes it to next round too..
Mexico is not in South America.

Well as you all are Argentina fans here let them first get into the finals.Lets hope both Brazil and Argentina makes it to the finals comfortably :pray:
Let Brazil get in to the final first too.:haha::haha: Argentina whooping Brazils ***** in the final will be a dream come true.

That thread has been exclusively reserved for you and your footballing knowledge......and gems from you like... 1.What has Maradona done except winning a WC? 2.Club football is above the WC. etc etc etc
Actually we have a whole jokes section. You can start a new thread about Brazil. :winky:

That thread has been exclusively reserved for you and your footballing knowledge......and gems from you like... 1.What has Maradona done except winning a WC? 2.Club football is above the WC. etc etc etc
Dont go personal. I have never said WC football is above Club Football. I don like WC football as i keep changing teams everyday Unlike Club Football. Everyone has right to express his likes and Dislikes. And rteally if Pele doesnt get called by you to be the greatest player to have ever played and you keep Maradona ahead of him. Questions will be asked what has maradona done except wining one WC? And if you are expecting Argentina to whop Brazil's *** you'll make everyone laugh here. So that falls under the category of Joke. :cantstop: And as far as my Football knowledge is concerned..lets have some competetion..You v/s me. I'll pass comfortably even if i dont win. :winky:

Dont go personal. I have never said WC football is above Club Football. I don like WC football as i keep changing teams everyday Unlike Club Football. Everyone has right to express his likes and Dislikes. And rteally if Pele doesnt get called by you to be the greatest player to have ever played and you keep Maradona ahead of him. Questions will be asked what has maradona done except wining one WC? And if you are expecting Argentina to whop Brazil's *** you'll make everyone laugh here. So that falls under the category of Joke. :cantstop: And as far as my Football knowledge is concerned..lets have some competetion..You v/s me. I'll pass comfortably even if i dont win. :winky:
Maradona owns pele any day. Read this and judge for yourself: http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-109990.0.html

Maradona owns pele any day. Read this and judge for yourself: http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-109990.0.html
Some topic started by some Maradona fan..and you are giving link of that? Go and check the goal scoring rate of Pele and compare it with Maradona. Here is what a legend has to say http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2008/10/30/940024/pele-better-than-maradona-beckenbauer Not just that Pele won 3 wcs and two of them have been consecutive ones. Maradona won only 1. Beat that. Another one http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/columns/story/_/id/5137681/ce/us/better&cc=4716?ver=global

Some topic started by some Maradona fan..and you are giving link of that? Go and check the goal scoring rate of Pele and compare it with Maradona. Here is what a legend has to say http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2008/10/30/940024/pele-better-than-maradona-beckenbauer Not just that Pele won 3 wcs and two of them have been consecutive ones. Maradona won only 1. Beat that. Another one http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/columns/story/_/id/5137681/ce/us/better&cc=4716?ver=global
HAHAHA..you are a joke along with your pele. I am going to have a field day now..:--D Lets start with the link you gave me: http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2008/10/30/940024/pele-better-than-maradona-beckenbauer
Beckenbauer has also stired up more debate as to who was better between Pele and the Argentine. "The greatest, in my opinion, continues to be Pele," added the Kaiser. "The reason is because you have to have a special integrity as a person and Maradona has always lived his life to excess."
The reason is not because pele is a better football player but because he lives his life less to maradona..hahaha come again my friend.

It is not from some fan..That link was discussing the article from goal.com, the very website you posted lol http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/italy/2009/09/02/1476293/video-world-debate-who-was-better-pele-or-maradona

Argument about number of wc's won You talk about PELE winning more WCs than Maradona.. Maybe if you followed football rather than just looking at the stats, you would know who is better. Take for example: Sachin Tendulkar has never won a wc, is he a lesser player than arjuna ranatunga or ponting etc....lol come again my friend.

Pele was a young 17-year-old (albeit a wonderkid) in 1958, barely made an impact in 1962 and 1966 due to injury, and in 1970, despite his fine performances, he was playing in the best football team of all time alongside the likes of Tostao, Rivelino, Gerson and Jairzinho. Maradona, however, dragged a distinctly average Argentina team all the way to World Cup glory in 1986, scoring the greatest goal of all time against England in the quarter-final, and another almost equally as brilliant against Belgium in the semis. Brazil would have won the 1970 World Cup with or without Pele. Sixteen years later Argentina probably wouldn’t have progressed past Enzo Francescoli’s Copa America holders Uruguay in the second round without Maradona in their side.
Heck, Pele wasn't even the best Brazilian player....Garrincha owns his ass anyday.

Argument about goal scoring rate (goal.com) Goals Scored Supporters of Pele always boast how he scored 1281 goals in 1363 games. First of all it must be pointed out that there is a great deal of uncertainty over this total. It is often claimed that Pele counted friendly goals, while a common joke among Maradona-fans is that the Brazilian even added his strike from the Escape to Victory movie starring Sylvester Stallone and Michael Caine. Many of Pele’s goals were also scored for Santos in the state and local championships, where the opposition was not that strong. Nevertheless with 77 goals in 92 appearances for Brazil, 12 of them in the World Cup, no one can question Pele’s astonishing scoring ability. Maradona hit 34 in 91 appearances, eight in World Cups, and had a career total of 311 in 590 appearances. Once again you should not read too much into goal statistics such as these. A great player or forward will score goals when they really matter, such as in big title deciders or cup knockout matches. Some prolific goalscorers from the past have not always necessarily produced their best in these big games. Followers of Italian football will know that Alberto Gilardino has a fine record, however he has always struggled to score against the top teams or in the important matches. Pele and Maradona did this, both at club and international level, so in this respect they cannot be separated. What the Argentine can boast, though, is that he excelled in Europe – most notably at Napoli where he is a living God after leading the Partenopei to their first-ever Scudetto in 1987, and another in 1990. While Napoli contained many other top-class players such as Careca, Alemao, Ciro Ferrara and Bruno Giordano, it is questionable they could have had such a period of success, which also included a UEFA Cup, without Maradona. As for Pele, he never played in Europe, so in some ways he was always in his comfort zone. On the other hand, during the early 1960s Santos were the best club team in the world, and Pele always performed superbly against European teams during not only exhibition matches but in the two-legged Intercontinental Cup finals of 1962 and 1963 when Santos beat Benfica and Milan respectively and Pele scored a combined total of seven goals.

My conclusion Maradona is the sachin tendulkar of Indian team and even better because he transformed an average argentine team into world beaters and took them to worldcup glory. Pele always had a team stuffed with enormous talent. He is more like the ricky pointing of cricket. Maradona shits on pele any day and garrincha was a better brazilian player than pele.

HAHAHA..you are a joke along with your pele. I am going to have a field day now..:--D Lets start with the link you gave me: http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2008/10/30/940024/pele-better-than-maradona-beckenbauer The reason is not because pele is a better football player but because he lives his life less to maradona..hahaha come again my friend.
You and Your Maradona continues to be a big Joke! :rotfl: You ****ing kidding me you are saying one guy who has won 3 wcs scored 77 goals in 90 odd matches is a lesser footballer to someone who has managed to win only one WC in his lifetime? Come back when you have a beter arguemnt kid.

You and Your Maradona continues to be a big Joke! :rotfl: You ****ing kidding me you are saying one guy who has won 3 wcs scored 77 goals in 9 odd matches is a lesser footballer to someone who has managed to win only one WC in his lifetime? Come back when you have a beter arguemnt kid.
77 goals in 9 matches:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: when did that happen? loll Pele didnt win them 3 wcs. He was just a part of team that won 3 wcs. Maradona single handedly won Argentina a wc which pele cant even dream about. Get it?

You talk about PELE winning more WCs than Maradona.. Maybe if you followed football rather than just looking at the stats' date=' you would know who is better. Take for example: Sachin Tendulkar has never won a wc, is he a lesser player than arjuna ranatunga or ponting etc....lol come again my friend. [/quote'] Then going by your Logic Goerge Best is the best Ever. I have seen all their videos. Best never played any WC. :dontknow: But as you said following football and judging case...my vote goes to Goerge best. As far as Sachin Tendulkar is Concerned he has outscored Ponting and Others. Which your Mardona havent. Comeback when you have a beter arguemnt .
Heck' date=' Pele wasn't even the best Brazilian player....Garrincha owns his ass anyday.[/quote'] Who says? You? Next wat? Walter Samuel Best defender of the world? Lol.

Then going by your Logic Goerge Best is the best Ever. I have seen all their videos. Best never played any WC. :dontknow: But as you said following football and judging case...my vote goes to Goerge best. As far as Sachin Tendulkar is Concerned he has outscored Ponting and Others. Which your Mardona havent. Comeback when you have a beter arguemnt .
lol at george best logic...you have lost it. Maradona scores when it matters and in big matches and won you a wc with an average team.He was known as the magician. BEAT THAT Pele can never score anything like THE GOAL OF THE CENTURY...