India A tour of England and Scotland 2010 : Pujara to lead

Chandan

India A finishes the day at 329/5. Pujara is unbeaten on 111 and Saha is batting on 32. It seems as if Pujara and Tiwari had a good partnership before Tiwari was dismissed for 36. Disappointing score for him yet again. But I'm quite happy with India A scoring 329 runs in 90 overs and losing just one wicket in the final session. Hope it adds 70 more runs tomorrow to let it bowlers have a ball against WI A .

I am disappointed at both pandey and tiwari,pandey is wasting starts and wat has happened to tiwari since the time he went to that cb series,after that he has not scored much in domestic cricket also,i had high hoipes of him during 2006-07 when he was scoring big domestic runs

Pujara ton makes it India A's day Cheteshwar Pujara's unbeaten century topped a satisfying day for India A's batsmen as they ended the opening day of their second tour match against West Indies A at 329 for 5 at Croydon, Surrey. More... India A in command on Day I A STAFF REPORTER Calcutta: Skipper Cheteshwar Pujara cracked an unbeaten century to guide India A to 329 for five at stumps on the first day against West Indies A in a tour match being played at Croydon, on Thursday. Pujara (111 batting) was supported by his deputy Wriddhiman Saha (32 batting) at the close of play. After Indian openers Abhinav Mukund (39) and Shikhar Dhawan (43) started off well, it was Pujara who held the centrestage after loss of openers and in-form Ajinkya Rahane (13). However Manish Pandey (36, 7x4) and Manoj Tiwary (36, 5x4) gave their skipper required support as they consolidated the team total. Pujara played 185-balls during his knock and hit 19 boundaries in the process. Among the West Indies ‘A’ bowlers, Andre Russell (3/51) and Gavin Tonge (2/81) shared the spoils between them. Brief Scores India A 1st innings 329/5 (C. Pujara 111 batting, M. Tiwary 36, W. Saha 32 batting) vs West Indies A

Russell only good bowling prospect in this team, the rest are in the new academy that has been set up for youngsters and Jason Dawes is playing for the MCC. Pujara has an incredible record, almost averaging 60 and been as he is captain looks like he is being groomed for a spot in the middle order. Seems to be on a bit of a go slow though, fairly sure he had an unbeaten hundred last night and is only on 126.

India A slowed down remarkably in the 1st session today, scoring just 67 runs in 27 overs for the loss of 2 wickets. Was the condition overcast today, helping the seamers considerably, or WI A bowlers bowled that well, or India A batted that badly? What happened? Saha scored a half ton, so it couldn't have been that sudden loss of last recognised batsman forced Pujara in a shell! How and why did Pujara score just 15 runs in the entire session?

India A slowed down remarkably in the 1st session today, scoring just 67 runs in 27 overs for the loss of 2 wickets. Was the condition overcast today, helping the seamers considerably, or WI A bowlers bowled that well, or India A batted that badly? What happened? Saha scored a half ton, so it couldn't have been that sudden loss of last recognised batsman forced Pujara in a shell! How and why did Pujara score just 15 runs in the entire session?
I would rather not worry about it. At least it shows that the guy is willing to fight it out there.

So this is session where India scored 126 runs in 25 overs for the loss of just one wicket? And Pujara also moved from 126 to 195 pretty swifly too. Srini, is there anyway we can cross-check cricinfo's scores? I'm sure it is messing it yet again.