India A tour of England and Scotland 2010 : Pujara to lead

Chandan

^ Really?? didnt know that..very random. Even Dhawan and Tiwary have captained their states right? Both squads selected today were quite interchangebale IMO ..two A teams.. almost equally good..consider the fact that Dhawal, Tyagi and Mithun are in the A team -a stronger pace attack than this 'India' side of Kumar, Umesh, Dinda and Pankaj... They should have gone the hog whole and sent Vinay Kumar to Eng too, with Irfan Though the batting line up touring Zim is decidedly stronger...again there should have split it a bit judiciously..why not see how Vijay copes vs the new moving ball in England- facing the likes of Woakes of the Eng Lions- would have been good test... Notable omissions from both- Irfan, Robin, Nayyar and Badri..all of whom should really have been in one of them

Uthappa does not get into the weak India team sent to Zimbabwe and then does not even get a chance in the India A team .. that is some serious sh*t .. it seems Cheeka has got some problems with Uthappa .. I cannot understand how can be be neglected even for the Indian A team after he is working so hard to improve himself through exercises

Squad: Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt/wk), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Saurabh Tiwary, Iqbal Abdulla, Sudeep Tyagi, Dhaval Kulkarni, Abhimanyu Mithun, Kedar Jadhav, Manoj Tiwary, Jaskaran Singh, Bipul Sharma, Jayadev Unadkat
Why not pick Rayudu? He is an experienced batsman at domestic level and is a very talented one, who can play short deliveries too. Wonder what is it with choosing just 5 batsmen for the main team and neglecting few talented ones for the A team too.
Squad: Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt/wk), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Saurabh Tiwary, Iqbal Abdulla, Sudeep Tyagi, Dhaval Kulkarni, Abhimanyu Mithun, Kedar Jadhav, Manoj Tiwary, Jaskaran Singh, Bipul Sharma, Jayadev Unadkat
It'll be good to see how Tyagi, Mithun and Unadkar go on a slightly helpful bowling track/ Hope we unearth at least one good seamer this series who can be considered in tests.
Wait..Even A-Nirodh Srikkanth will get selected pretty soon..Chamatkari Chewteeya Cheeka..
srikanth........is shyte!! Plain shyte!
I don't understand why you guys never have a go at the other 4 selectors? Why the feck are they even there if one man is selecting all the teams?
I don't understand why you guys never have a go at the other 4 selectors? Why the feck are they even there if one man is selecting all the teams?
There is a reason why the CEO is arrested even when a Manager at the company does a fraud. Hope you see the analogy.
There is a reason why the CEO is arrested even when a Manager at the company does a fraud. Hope you see the analogy.
Another would be the Rail Minister being blamed for stampede's and inconvenience caused to passengers. She doesn't need to be a Station Master or Train Driver to be blamed. She is coz she's the boss.
Both analogy are flawed. The first one won't stand in a court of law. If a manager at a company commits a fraud why would a CEO be arrested? The second shows your stupidity. What you are saying is I don't care who makes the mistake, I'll just blame the boss because I don't know the station master or train driver. I just fail to understand how when 5 people sit together and select a team, only one can be held responsible?

Unfortunately, you fail to understand the difference between a "Chief" and chamcha's. I can't help you if you want to continue doing that, no matter how stupid it is. The person who is a "Chief" or the boss is more answerable to people. If a company is announcing dividends, they won't go and ask the person who made the spreadsheet to chair the meeting.

Any reason, why there is a 'Chief Selector'? The way Modi has copped for every evil happening in IPL for being the 'Chairman', the Chief Selector has to take the majority of the blames in Team selection. The Chief Selector finalises the team and signs for it. A chief selector has authority to bypass other selectors. So if an East Zone selector has suggested Cheteshwar Pujara as opener in the T20 squad (an example), the Cheif Selector can ignore that suggestion and select Murali Vijay as opener (just an example). So there..

^^^ Exactly my opinion, bhai. :bow: @ GM... Sorry for referring to your opinion as "stupid". Its origin can be traced in post #54. You raise a valid question. Professionalism means everyone is equally responsible, but a Chief will be a Chief.
When I said 'your stupidity' I did not mean 'achilles' stupidity', I meant stupidity of the general public ,in reference to blaming the Railway Minister for a train accident when clearly it is the driver's fault. Asterix - Regarding your point, that is where I am taking issue with you guys, you don't know if Cheteshwara Pujara was suggested by an East Zone selector and the Chief Selector bypassed and chose Murali Vijay. It could have been the other way round too that 4 of the selectors decided Murali Vijay against the Chief selector's wishes and the majority choice was accepted. All I am saying is all the 5 selectors are responsible for the stupid selection mess.
When I said 'your stupidity' I did not mean 'achilles' stupidity', I meant stupidity of the general public ,in reference to blaming the Railway Minister for a train accident when clearly it is the driver's fault. Asterix - Regarding your point, that is where I am taking issue with you guys, you don't know if Cheteshwara Pujara was suggested by an East Zone selector and the Chief Selector bypassed and chose Murali Vijay. It could have been the other way round too that 4 of the selectors decided Murali Vijay against the Chief selector's wishes and the majority choice was accepted. All I am saying is all the 5 selectors are responsible for the stupid selection mess.
GM.. I agree with you. We never know. Kiran More had to cop a lot because of team selection and dropping of Ganguly. Cheif selectors do get blamed and praised based on teams performance. Just like you will never be sure who took decisions in IPL. The Chairman or the Majority of IPL board..:winky: