India A tour of England and Scotland 2010 : Pujara to lead

Chandan

Dhawan' date=' Pujara, Manoj Tiwary, Tyagi and Unadkat, Great chance for these 5 take a step forward towards the national team[/quote'] I've no high hopes for Tyagi.... he's another one of thise "I'll do great only if the pitch has something in it for me" type of bowler...

‘Opportunities for all players' : India 'A' coach More... ‘Opportunities for all players' Principal Correspondent Bangalore: Giving opportunities for all the players who are just a step away from the Indian team remains coach Pravin Amre's steady principle. Amre, who is the guiding force behind the India ‘A' team, is now busy charting the training schedules of his wards as the squad gears up for its tour of England. On the eve of the 10-day camp that will commence at the National Cricket Academy, Amre highlighted his coaching goals. Promising squad “This is a promising squad and I will give opportunities to all the 16 players on the tour. Getting here (India ‘A') has been a tough journey for these players and all you need is one strong performance to get your big break. “Last time when we toured Australia, we had players like Virat Kohli and S. Badrinath and they have progressed from there. “On this tour of England also I will ensure that each and every player gets a game. “Thankfully the two formats — three-day games and limited-overs cricket — in the schedule will help us field all our players at different times,” Amre said. Main focus The former India batsman said that the team would focus on getting used to the English conditions quickly when they set base in England. “In the camp we will deal with coping with the conditions out there in England. Of course we will deal with playing short-pitched bowling but that is not the only thing, the key in England is about playing swing and seam. “We will work on that. There are more ‘A' tours on the agenda and it is good for these players,” said Amre. The team led by Cheteshwar Pujara, has begun arriving in batches and will undergo a fitness test when the camp starts on Friday. The England tour schedule: June 5 - 7: vs Yorkshire. June 10 – 13: vs West Indies A. June 17 – 20: vs West Indies A. Jun 23: vs Scotland. June 25: vs Scotland. June 28: Triangular Series: vs West Indies A. July 1: vs England Lions. July 2: vs West Indies A. July 6: vs England Lions. The team: Cheteshwar Pujara (captain), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-captain & wicketkeeper), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Saurabh Tiwary, Iqbal Abdulla, Sudeep Tyagi, Dhaval Kulkarni, Abhimanyu Mithun, Kedar Jadhav, Manoj Tiwary, Jaskaran Singh, Bipul Sharma and Jayadev Unadkat. Coach: Pravin Amre .

Where did Badri progress to? I think some games are in Leicester. Soods, I may try and come and watch one if its on a weekend.
I might go for one day (Saturday - 12th) - June 10-13 India A v West Indies A, Leicester On June 13 I am going for the Warks Bears v Lancs Lightning T20 game :yay:

Squads SHOULD have been IMO... India tour of Zim: M Vijay, D Kartik, S Raina, S Badrinath, V Kohli, R Sharma, Y Pathan, V Kumar, A Mishra, R P Singh, U Yadav, R Jadeja, A Nayyar, N Ojha, P Ojha, P Singh. (ideally Uthappa would have been in there, and Vijay could have toured UK with A team) India A Tour of UK: A Mukund, S Dhawan, A Rahane, C Pujara, M Pandey, I Pathan, W Saha, P Chawla, S Santh, I Sharma, A Mithun, S Tiwary, M Tiwary, R Ashwin, S Tyagi, D Kulkarni

I hope Dhawan gets to go. The guy deserves a break (of some sort)
YES ! Dhawan is gonna be so good :aha:
Squads SHOULD have been IMO... India A Tour of UK: A Mukund, S Dhawan, A Rahane, C Pujara, M Pandey, I Pathan, W Saha, P Chawla, S Santh, I Sharma, A Mithun, M Tiwary, S Tiwary, R Ashwin, S Tyagi, D Kulkarni
:cheer: :yay:

Pujara upbeat at departure Cheteshwar Pujara, captain of the India A team that Tuesday embarked on a 38-day tour of England was confident his side would not get off to a poor start like the second string India seniors’ team did in their first match against the hosts in the Zimbabwe tri-series. More... Pujara upbeat at departure OUR CORRESPONDENT 2spopujara.jpg Pujara in Mumbai, on Tuesday. (PTI) Mumbai: Cheteshwar Pujara, captain of the India A team that Tuesday embarked on a 38-day tour of England was confident his side would not get off to a poor start like the second string India seniors’ team did in their first match against the hosts in the Zimbabwe tri-series. The Suresh Raina-led Indian team went down to lowly Zimbabwe in the tournament opener before bouncing back to beat Sri Lanka in their second outing. Pujara said that such defeats should not be seen in isolation. “Anything can happen. They (Raina’s side) won the second game, that’s cricket,” Pujara said hours before the team’s departure. India A captain sees the forthcoming triangular series against the A teams of England and West Indies and a few other matches in Scotland as a great learning curve for the youngsters in the squad. "It's a great opportunity for the youngsters to travel and play matches in UK. Whoever performs (well) gets a chance to make it to the Indian team," said the Saurashtra middle order batsman at a press conference here ahead of the team's departure on Wednesday morning. "It's a young side and all the players are getting to know each other. Playing away is a challenge as we are not used to such conditions. We will get some experience and that's why the BCCI is organising the tour which will be helpful to us in future," said the 22-year-old prolific run-getter in domestic cricket. Team coach and former Test batsman Praveen Amre was happy that the players underwent a ten-day camp on pitches similar to those they are likely to come across in Bangalore. "The preparations have been very good with the 10-day camp in Bangalore. The Karnataka State Cricket Association pitch provided us a good indication of conditions in England as conditions are similar here," he said. "The camp was important because we are going to UK and NCA (National Cricket Academy) provided good facilities," the former middle order batsman said. "The boys have worked hard to get into the team. These are the ones who have performed well not only in the last season but over the last 3-4 seasons together," he added. The 22-year-old from Rajkot said he did not think it a burden to lead the side who are to play a three-day game (vs Yorkshire), two four-day fixtures (against West Indies A) and a tri-series (with England Lions and West Indies A). “I am leading an Indian team for the first time but I have some experience as captain in junior cricket. It’s an opportunity not only for me but also for all players. Whoever performs can get a chance to play for India,” he said. “It’s going to be challenging. We are not used to the conditions but that’s why we are going. It (the experience) will be helpful when you get into the Indian team,” he said. "The aim is to win the series and gain as much as we can," said Pujara who has not captained at the senior level but is banking on his leadership skills learned at the junior level to stand him in good stead. The tour begins on June 5 with a three-day game against Yorkshire. Squad: Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt/wk), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Saurabh Tiwary, Iqbal Abdulla, Sudeep Tyagi, Dhaval Kulkarni, Kedar Jadhav, Manoj Tiwary, Jaskaran Singh, Bipul Sharma, Jayadev Unadkat.

Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt/wk), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Saurabh Tiwary, Iqbal Abdulla, Sudeep Tyagi, Dhaval Kulkarni, Kedar Jadhav, Manoj Tiwary, Jaskaran Singh, Bipul Sharma, Jayadev Unadkat. Names in the bold can gain the most if they do well in this series.

Cheteshwar Pujara (capt)' date= Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt/wk), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Saurabh Tiwary, Iqbal Abdulla, Sudeep Tyagi, Dhaval Kulkarni, Kedar Jadhav, Manoj Tiwary, Jaskaran Singh, Bipul Sharma, Jayadev Unadkat. Names in the bold can gain the most if they do well in this series.
why not the likes of Saurabh Tiwary,Dhawal Kulkarni,Rahane ?..now is the time for anyone to put up their hand.. will the real slim shady please stand-up....

Scotland to face India A on June 23rd and 25th More... Scotland to face India A (UKPA) – 1 day ago Cricket Scotland hope two one-day matches against India A will prove beneficial to the development of their players. Cheteshwar Pujara, the Saurashtra batsman, will captain the India side on their visit to Glasgow for the matches at the Citylets Titwood ground on June 23 and 25. Cricket Scotland chief executive Roddy Smith said: "We are very grateful to the ECB and the BCCI for agreeing to these important games in Glasgow. We are always keen to play the A sides of the Test countries, and these games provide another important step in our players' development."

India A tour of England and Scotland, Tour Match: Yorkshire v India A at Leeds, Jun 5-7, 2010 hope a good match,comeon india. hope a good match,comeon india. links for score http://www.ecb.co.uk/stats/fixtures-results/score-card.html?Pfixture=com.othermedia.ecb.stats.Fixture-L-15841 INDIA A TEAM A Mukund S Dhawan ,AM Rahane , *CAP Pujara, M Pandey, MK Tiwary, +WP Saha, DS Kulkarni, SI Abdulla, Jaskaran Singh , S Tyagi