Munna Bhai Chale America!!

Don

Re: Munna Bhai Chale America!!

The 3rd in the series. This time Munna and Circuit go to USA. This should be great fun!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_lkuQzhSYA
Another Indian subject hijacked for the comfort of the NRI's. Ahhh the story of Indian cinema. The beauty of Munnabhai has always been to showcase India in its very pristine background. Be it Munnabhai seeking revenge for disrespect of his Dad(Munnabhai MBBS) or Munnabhai meeting Gandhi and undergoing a transformation. Remains to be seen as to what would be "Indian" about coming to USA. From whatever I have seen it seems more like a case of translating English into Hindi and that may make one laugh for a few minutes but 2-3 hours?? Plus clearly such an act(or translation) would hardly work in most areas of India, which was the beauty of Munnabhai I& II. Even though I & II were quintessential Mumbai the whole country could identify with it. I am sceptical at this time. Then again if anyone can pull this off Raj Hirani can so maybe I should just hold my horses for now. xxxx