Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata

DesiChap

Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata March 30, 2007 Former captain Sourav Ganguly returned to a warm welcome at Kolkata's Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport on Friday morning. The scene at the airport was in sharp contrast to the arrival of the other team members who returned home on Thursday after Team India's horrendous performance at the World Cup. After spending a night in London at his maternal uncle's home on the way back from the Caribbean, Ganguly reached Kolkata at 0500

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata whats up with the so much Bengali hate???.. India had been better when Ganguly was the captain.. And Kolkata arent as much depressed as other parts of India because Bengalis are still playing in WC and they are pretty happy about it.. http://www.anandabazar.com/30khela2.htm I am from bangladesh but I feel bad about west bengals cricketers being discriminated in Indian cricket.. I was reading in some newspaper that leading wicket taker in Ranjy trophy was from west bengal and he was not picked in the WC team.

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata ^ Thats how regional papers portray... In south Laxman was betrayed and in up kaif,raina and rp singh were ...Not to say there are no zonal politics and but Gangulys case is exception... Bengal politicians have gone length to discuss in Lok Sabha

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata

whats up with the so much Bengali hate???.. India had been better when Ganguly was the captain.. And Kolkata arent as much depressed as other parts of India because Bengalis are still playing in WC and they are pretty happy about it.. http://www.anandabazar.com/30khela2.htm I am from bangladesh but I feel bad about west bengals cricketers being discriminated in Indian cricket.. I was reading in some newspaper that leading wicket taker in Ranjy trophy was from west bengal and he was not picked in the WC team.
I dont think there's any discrimination against bengal cricketers. As far as bowlers are considered Munaf Patel, Sreesanth and Powar were tossed each other and Powar was left out. There no bengal bowler who came to the final discussion. Powar was unlucky to be left out. But then none of these selected ones performed any magic at WC is another story. Also I'm of the opinion that Ganguly deserves appreciation. The guy returned to ODI after 10 months break and played consistently after he returned. There is debate over his strike rate but then all the batsmen in the team cannot always maintain 80-100 strike rate. His role in the team is more to stabilize the innings than to accelerate. He does have a role to play in the team's future. Hello Bangladeshi fan good to see you supporting bengal that is India. Welcome to the board!

kingcockroach' date=' when you don't the know the details of the happenings in another person's house, it is best to keep your nose and ass out of it.[/quote'] yoda, Is this how you welcome someone who visits your house? I believe everyone who comes here are entitled to have their opinion why do you discriminate on nationality?

kingcockroach' date=' when you don't the know the details of the happenings in another person's house, it is best to keep your nose and ass out of it.[/quote'] yoda, Is this how you welcome someone who visits your house? I believe everyone who comes here are entitled to have their opinion why do you discriminate on nationality?
yes, if someone visits my house and if the first thing they utter is to bitch about someone in my house without knowing the facts, i will ask them to get the fuk out. anyways, you spew hate about india all the time. you even think indians like spitting at each other. not surprised you are defending cockroach here.

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata Frankly speaking Dinesh Mongia sucked ass in WC 2003 - sadly that was VVS' best shot at making into the WC squad! But since then his obsession with it has become a joke :hic:

Of course' date=' the only discrimination is against the southies :lol: :hic:[/quote'] Hope you have seen that this guy's post is beyond regional selection issues in India. He is talking about Benglais being happy that Bangladesh is still playing (in place of India I might add). That's like me being happy that SL is still playing cause Murali is there.