Which batting record is the toughest to beat?

Which batting record is the toughest to beat?  

1. 1.

• Tendulkar (all at once) - Highest score (ODI), highest total runs (ODI/Test), Most 100's (Test/ODI)
    • Yuvraj SIngh Fastest T20 fifty - (50 off 12 balls)
    • Bradman's 99.94
    • Shahid Afridi - Fastest ODI hundred (37 balls)
    • Virender Sehwag - Fastest Test 300 (278 balls)
    • Jayasuriya - fastest ODI 50 - (17 balls)
    • Tendulkar's fastest ODI 200 (147 balls)
    • Bradman - most runs in a day Tests (309 runs)
    • D Gower Tests - most consecutive innings without a duck (119)
    • Others - please specify in your posts

WHich of these batting records i have posted here is the toughest to beat? O D I Jayasuriya -> fastest 50--> 17 balls SHahid Afridi -> fastest 100 ---> 37 balls Sachin Tendulkar -> Fastest 200 ----> 147 balls T20 Yuvraj Singh --> Fastest 50 ----> 12 balls I will add more later.... I think Yuvi's 12 balls demolition cannot be beaten :headshake: or may be the most difficult. Afridi's record has been beaten in domestic cricket... so may be in future someone may over take his record in internationals. For tendulkar's record to be beaten someone has to touch 200 :orderorder: could be possible...who knows :dontknow: New addition Tendulkar's 5 out of 6 records...all at one time...(highest score in ODI + Highest total runs in ODI / TEST + Most 100's in ODI / Test) as pointed out by BossBhai Bradman's 99.94 - by original prince Tendulkar's fastest ODI 200 (147 balls) Bradman - most runs in a day Tests (309 runs) D Gower Tests - most consecutive innings without a duck (119)

though not a record as such but noone will every match avg of 99.94 after 50+ test match
:hatsoff: right but critics may argue you know...some may find a batsman in history who averages 100+ against 2~3 countries and use it to to belittle bradman :dontknow: Bradman played a limited number of countries you know

That would be Tendulkar's total runs and centuries. I agree that Afridi's record is tough to beat, but it's more a matter of someone getting very lucky while swinging hard. But to beat Tendulkar's record, you need far more than a few lucky shots. One needs great batting day after day, month after month, year after year. And then one has to bat for a great number of years.

lets also not forget 2 records lara holds 400 in test match and 501 in first class ; in the world of t20 cricket none of the new generation batsman will have the technique or temperament to play such an innings.
Sadly, I would have to agree. I hope Sehwag someday gets there, but if no one does in the next half decade, Lara's record will probably stand forever.
Sadly' date=' I would have to agree. I hope Sehwag someday gets there, but if no one does in the next half decade, Lara's record will probably stand forever.[/quote'] Lara's record of 400 may be broken, but 500? which captain will wait for his batsman to score that many? :dontknow:
Sure. Just reset the playing conditions and situation to what they were during his time with very ordinary bowling teams and only two nations playing test cricket on just 10 different grounds and no professionals .... More details here --> http://indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=212051 see post#105 :winky:
BB lets continue the debate here :woot: Can you check your vast database and come up with international test batsmen avergaging 100+ verses 3 or 4 countries.... example i think M Yousuf has a 100+ average if we comine zim, WI, ban and england? :D
Lara's record of 400 may be broken' date=' but 500? which captain will wait for his batsman to score that many? :dontknow:[/quote'] Yes, 500 is very improbable. Even 400 is improbable for the same reason and only someone with Sehwag's strike rate can reach there without pushing the captain for time. There is possibility that with T20's progress, there will be more batsmen who will bat at the same strike rate as Viru, but there wont be too many capable of playing similarly long innings. Lara's records look safe for the time being.
Sure. Just reset the playing conditions and situation to what they were during his time with very ordinary bowling teams and only two nations playing test cricket on just 10 different grounds and no professionals .... More details here --> http://indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=212051 see post#105 :winky:
++ I agree. But the record will still stand. It will never be broken.
Yes, 500 is very improbable. Even 400 is improbable for the same reason and only someone with Sehwag's strike rate can reach there without pushing the captain for time. There is possibility that with T20's progress, there will be more batsmen who will bat at the same strike rate as Viru, but there wont be too many capable of playing similarly long innings. Lara's records look safe for the time being. ++ I agree. But the record will still stand. It will never be broken.
Yea and the batsman will need to either be an openeer... or come into bat with the top order in the pavilion in a short time... or maybe if the captain had a srilankan mentality (when they scored 952 against us in only the second innings of that test match)
Career : Most career Runs and Hundreds has always been the benchmark ... I dont see anyone holding all 4( 2 in tests + 2 ODIs ) like what Boss owns now.
and what about highest score and max runs in Tontee-tontee? Or is that not counted becoz it isnt kirkit:cantstop:
Career : Most career Runs and Hundreds has always been the benchmark ... I dont see anyone holding all 4( 2 in tests + 2 ODIs ) like what Boss owns now. Innings : Next is the highest individual scores in an innings ... BCL and SRT share one apiece here so Boss owns 5 of the 6 most coveted records which obviously noone has done before. Just the 31K+ (and counting) International runs will take some doing to overcome ... just simply awe inspiring :hail:. More than BCL's 400 ... Sehwags run-a-ball triple will take some extraodinary skill to beat :hail:
i missed this post :wall: But i agree to all you points.. no one can hold all 4 like Sachin , and 5 out of 6 :woot: and Sehwag's fastest triple hundred too :woot: