WC Round of 16 Germany v England, 27th June 2010

Chalks

As much as I like Rooney, I don't think it is right to compare Messi with him. Rooney is Tevez mould. He will work the socks for you - he will double up, help your right back, sometimes your left back, plays out of position for your team (read as Man Utd)..he is a complete team player and the argument should end right there. The English media is to be blamed. Most of them are complete ****-ups, anyway. A few days back they were needlessly bashing Beckenbaur for his "stupid" remarks. I thought that was ridiculous. All he said was that England should have finished on top of their group and faced Ghana instead of Germany. Now, what is wrong with his point? Morons they are.

As much as I like Rooney, I don't think it is right to compare Messi with him. Rooney is Tevez mould. He will work the socks for you - he will double up, help your right back, sometimes your left back, plays out of position for your team (read as Man Utd)..he is a complete team player and the argument should end right there. The English media is to be blamed. Most of them are complete ****-ups, anyway. A few days back they were needlessly bashing Beckenbaur for his "stupid" remarks. I thought that was ridiculous. All he said was that England should have finished on top of their group and faced Ghana instead of Germany. Now, what is wrong with his point? Morons they are.
Agreed on Rooney and English Media points.

Germany World Cup winner Franz Beckenbauer has apologised for comments he made criticising the England team. Beckenbauer had claimed England were "stupid" in letting themselves face Germany in the second round, and that the players were "burnt out" following a rigorous Premier League season. However, he apologised for these comments on Friday. "Before the World Cup, I thought England would play a major role in the tournament, maybe win the title, (Andy :winky:)" Beckenbauer told Five Live. "They have a great team and a great coach and then after the first two games I was so disappointed - not angry, but very, very disappointed. Maybe this (attack on England) was the reaction of my disappointment, but I apologise. "Because I like England and English football, I am really a big, big fan of the English style. Maybe it was a reaction because I was disappointed - maybe I was in a bad mood. In other words, I apologised already and now I look forward to the game on Sunday. I think it will be a very, very interesting game."
:dontknow:

:dontknow:
I supported the 2006 team as much as i do India. I think 2006 team was much beter. When that team couldnt do much what they'll do? Probabaly Round of 16.:winky: Kaiser is spot on for his criticism on England. They really suck as a team.