Gasoline Questions:

Lurker

Specially for the folks that live in US(others are most welcome too). 1) What is the current price of Gas in your area? (Regular Unleaded version) 2) What is the cheapest cost at which you have bought gas & the costliest? 3) What would be the gas price at which you would stop riding your car and switch to something else? .... My answer: 1) $2.75 cents per gallon. 2) Cheapest gas I bought was in OK in late 90s, 95 cents a gallon :wtg: :wtg: , costliest in CA in 2006, $3.55 cents a gallon. :mad: 3) I would probably ride my car till gas price go to $3.25. After that I may end up buying a motorbike. I probably should buy one now considering the dollars I am spending every month on gas :mad: :mad:

Re: Gasoline Questions: BB whats the cost of a Honda Civic Hybrid? Is it under 20,000 yet? I may be wrong here but I kinda remember it being pretty darn costly(a regular Civic is around 15-18,000 USD depending on the features). Also hybrids are supposedly not as powerful. Whats the latest on that? Thus far it seems I am paying the most!!! Come on people have a heart! Someone show up who has purchased gas at 3$ a gallon this weekend! :mad: :mad: By the way whats the rate overseas? UK/AUS/NZ?

Re: Gasoline Questions: It cost me $2.87 at Hess yesterday. Gas prices in NY are f*cking ridiculous. In many parts of LI, you can easily pay upwards of $2.95 at most gas stations. Of course, i can't get anywhere without a car so i'll continue to be suckered.

Re: Gasoline Questions: 1. 2.67 - 2-75 depending where you get it. 2. 1.75 was the cheapest i bought. :mad: 3. paid 3.80 after a snow storm in Buffalo, NY couple of years back. :mad: :wall: Cheap or expensive, its hard to live by without a car in US, especially when you live in north-east coast or the North-west (central) america. An If i ever find a compulsive neoughreason to move to Florida or CA, my first thing would be to buy a motorbike (dying to buy one, but :wall: not where I live) :wall: :duh:

Re: Gasoline Questions: guys, gas is much much cheaper in usa... be happy.. where i am, its 2.65 right now.. that is pretty cheap, compared to the rest of the world... cheapest ive seen.. i guess..1.97 a year and half ago i guess.... i remember gas prices being 30 rupees a litre, when i was a kid, and that is more than what the prices are now in the states.. lurker, i donno abt uk and aus, but last time i went to india, i paid around 50/litre

Re: Gasoline Questions: HS. You are quite right that gas prices are cheaper in US. However in no other country people use cars as much. Now of course that has both its plus and minus but at this time an average person in USA has to have a car, unless you live in a town with great public transport. Still with low gas prices I think most of us are spending atleast 100-150 dollars a month, depending on how we commute. Almost a grand to two every year...and that doesnt include car maintanence. :Cry:

Re: Gasoline Questions: Gas prices in US are still cheap when compared to India. I remember paying 14 bucks per liter in india, when I was growing up. but now its around 52-54 bucks/ltr. ridiculous. Though the cars there are of smaller engines (average) and so does the bikes, but still its too much.

Re: Gasoline Questions: 1) What is the current price of Gas in your area? (Regular Unleaded version) $3.13 (No Cal) 2) What is the cheapest cost at which you have bought gas & the costliest? Cheapest 0.72 early 90s costliest 3.58 somewhere near LA :mad: 3) What would be the gas price at which you would stop riding your car and switch to something else? $4 -> hybrid

Re: Gasoline Questions: >Specially for the folks that live in US(others are most welcome too). 1) What is the current price of Gas in your area? (Regular Unleaded version) 2.7 or something..Dont care really..Car for me right now my huge asset. 2) What is the cheapest cost at which you have bought gas & the costliest? 1.7 or something 3) What would be the gas price at which you would stop riding your car and switch to something else? I rather increase my income...if extra $200 makes me insecure, I rather do something about it.

Re: Gasoline Questions: i have 2 cars and our gas bill alone comes to 1000 bucks a month... i think, the gas price was 3.30 or something a coupla days bak... hybrids aint too bad in terms of speed.... but it still aint cost effective.... apparently, it takes 4 yrs before the premium you pay for its cost is offset by its gas savings... you can bet your house, there will be a better technology by then.... hence, i am holding out on not buying hybrids... Motorcycles are good.... but my wife is adamant against me getting one... she wants to be able to recognize me when i die ;) people like me, who dont have much access to public transportation are screwed.... best thing at the moment, is to move closer to work.... or work from home :wtg: