Medal system opinions

King

I'm sure you folks are aware of the medal system that is in place since about few days. I see it has been a fairly popular edition. Dial_100 even dedicated a fantastic poem to medal system and won one too. For now the rewarding of Medals is pretty loosely based on contributions but no clear cut yardstick. I'm just wanting to hear from people how we should set this medal system up on the forums. The following are the areas I reckon the medal should be awarded. : 1. Post based 500 posts - 1 Bronze medal 2000 posts - Silver medal in addition of the above bronze one 5000 posts - Gold medal in addition of the above bronze and silver ones. 2. Articles 1 Article published - 1 Bronze medal 5 articles published - Silver medal in addition of the above bronze one 10 articles published - Gold medal in addition of the above bronze and silver ones 3. Bookies (ICFans ones of course, not real ones :hic: ) The top 5 bookies - 1 Bronze medal The top 2 - Silver medal in addition of the above bronze one The top Bookie - Gold medal in addition of the above bronze and silver ones 4. Super Selector winners - Gold medal Runner ups - One silver The top 5 - One Bronze 5. Helpers/Staff - One gold medal 6. Humous Hall of Fame - One gold medal That's pretty much I can think of. Let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Re: Medal system opinions >>>>500 posts - 1 Bronze medal 2000 posts - Silver medal in addition of the above bronze one I have close to 3000 posts.... where is my other medal......? :roll: :eew: My posts may not be top quality posts but i do make an effort .....and remember i cook three meals too.....:shrug: :roll:

Re: Medal system opinions

>>>>500 posts - 1 Bronze medal 2000 posts - Silver medal in addition of the above bronze one I have close to 3000 posts.... where is my other medal......? :roll: :eew: My posts may not be top quality posts but i do make an effort .....and remember i cook three meals too.....:shrug: :roll:
3000 posts... urs when where :hic: just kidding

Re: Medal system opinions Thanks Ravi. I am so inspired by this Medal that I am working on one very innovative post. Lets see how it goes. I am very slow writer. I will take some1' help to finish that. Or rather give it to some1 to write it nicely for rest. I am drafting it right now. It needs some data. As for the Medal system, I think the whole forum works on a very fair and simple rules. So I will support whatever best that you have outlined for distributing medals. Dial

Re: Medal system opinions Ravi good stuff. I think medals should be hard to get. If they are given out too easily then the "medal system" looses it's value. I also think that I should get an extra medal just for being ME :lmao:

Re: Medal system opinions may be you want to give one to likes of gambit who came up with Cricinfo 2011 thread.. i know it is part of humous hall of fame.. but that advertised this forum across the globe.. one for extra ordinary feat..

Nice idea' date=' but i see no point in awarding someone a medal for being an "initial" member.[/quote'] I think he is referring to me... :hic: I definately dont deserve even a paper medal... let alone aq bronze one...

Nice idea' date=' but i see no point in awarding someone a medal for being an "initial" member.[/quote'] I think he is referring to me... :hic: I definately dont deserve even a paper medal... let alone aq bronze one...
Sure you do 'bro, just look at all the stuff you contributed to our WC website. Well deserved, IMO.

Sure you do 'bro, just look at all the stuff you contributed to our WC website. Well deserved, IMO.
Thanks... :) But honestly , all u guys are absolute legends... This site is an outstanding source of fun and relaxation... I luv it.. and i dont miss a single chance to tell my friends about it...