Zaheer out of Sri Lanka Test series

Guest Hiten.

Guest Hiten.

Jesus Christ, Zak is back to his close to debuting yesteryears and is as fragile as Shoaib Akhtar now :wall:. BIG blow for India's chances.

I knew this would happen,i repeatedly mentioned that he should not be selected for Odis AT ALL and should just concentrate on Test cricket,another **** up by our great chief selector.This severely hampers our chances(when we were looking good for a series win ).we have to now rely on Sreesanth(form and fitness concerns) and Ishant(completely has fallen of the map form wise) and a Rookie.

Guest Hiten.
I knew this would happen' date='i repeatedly mentioned that he should not be selected for Odis AT ALL and should just concentrate on Test cricket,another **** up by our great chief selector.This severely hampers our chances(when we were looking good for a series win ).we have to now rely on Sreesanth(form and fitness concerns) and Ishant(completely has fallen of the map form wise) and a Rookie.[/quote'] I don't think selectors can be blamed for this. Zaheer has to use his discretion (keeping his body in mind) to play selective format or matches from here on. If one of your best bowler makes himself available for all the format, you simply cannot ignore him to sustain his future in one format. We're pretty much doomed in this test series and will have to wait another year or so to effing win a series on Emerald Island :((.

Zak has ceased being a game changer in limited overs cricket long time ago,he brings nothing to the table what others cannot provide in ODIS and t20s.the selectors are doing a great disservice to the national team and Zak too by selecting him for loi cricket.Its time to move on to others and preserve Zak for Test cricket only.

:bye: SL series
Mithun's selection is a shocker. They must REALLY hate Irfan coz I'm certain he can do a better job than Mithun not just at bowling but batting too. Looking at positives - This series can turn Sreesanth & Ishant's fortunes on its head.

Too many injuries off late for Zaheer. Since IPL 2 in 2009, he has now missed the WI ODI series, Sri Lank tri series, Champions Trophy, Australia ODI series, 2nd innings of the 2nd test vs SA, SA ODI series and the t20 WC!! In 2010 he was injured during SA series, got fit for IPL, got injured again, went to t20 WC, got injured there, played Asia Cup and injured again. Too much of alcohol and lack of fitness training isn't quite good for an athelete.

Too many injuries off late for Zaheer. Since IPL 2 in 2009, he has now missed the WI ODI series, Sri Lank tri series, Champions Trophy, Australia ODI series, 2nd innings of the 2nd test vs SA, SA ODI series and the t20 WC!! In 2010 he was injured during SA series, got fit for IPL, got injured again, went to t20 WC, got injured there, played Asia Cup and injured again. Too much of alcohol and lack of fitness training isn't quite good for an athelete.
All true, and he will be 32 in a few months time as well, pretty damn worrying when you look at the utter lack of alternatives.
Yes. But how much is one man supposed to do? Our bowling attack revolves around him and his workload is ridiculous. I feel a better job could've been done at keeping a decent bench-strength.

Andy - What can i say. Even the bowlers on "A" tour are struggling. Currently our benchwarming bowlers are as good as Pakistani Benchwarming Batters. None of them are International Class. Its imp we find atleast 3 bowlers who are international class, else we cant dominate Test cricket depending on batters only.