'Murali doesn't deserve the record' - Emerson

'Murali doesn't deserve the record' - Emerson 17271.2.jpg

Ross Emerson, the Australian umpire who no-balled Muttiah Muralitharan during an ODI against England in Adelaide in 1999, insists the offspinner doesn't deserve his record of most wickets in Tests and the 50-over format. "I haven't changed my view in 15 years - he doesn't deserve the record," Emerson told Sydney's Daily Telegraph. "You couldn't compare his record to Shane Warne's - no one ever doubted the legality of Warne's action. Murali was a great competitor and a great bowler but a lot of the time he just didn't bowl within the limits of the law." Murali will retire from Tests following the first Test against India in Galle that starts on July 18. He was first no-balled for "throwing" by Darrell Hair in the MCG Test in 1995 and it was almost ten years later that the ICC amended the rules pertaining to suspect bowling actions, permitting all bowlers to straighten their bowling arms by up to 15 degrees. Hair, unlike Emerson, had no problems with Murali holding the record, but didn't regret his decision to no-ball him. Instead, he argued, the ICC's decision to change the rules vindicated his actions. "I have no angst over him holding the record but the fact that the rules had to be changed to handle bowlers like that vindicated my actions and the actions of other umpires who called him," Hair said. "Once they changed the rules and made it legal for bowlers to bend their arm to 15 per cent they gave an advantage to a couple of bowlers who could get something extra from that rule. I would rather see the rule as it was where you couldn't bend your arm at all. That would mean everyone was the same." Emerson, who later stood down and was not reappointed to the umpires panel, claimed he had been asked to no-ball Murali by an Australian official and was ignored once the incident became a major issue. "I was called to a meeting with him and, knowing that I had called some other players, he told me I had set standards in certain areas which I should uphold in Adelaide," Emerson said. "Yet everything blew up after I called Murali and when I saw him again he wouldn't even look at me. "Darrell Hair and I were called the controversial ones yet the rule change proved us right. The controversial ones were the umpires who thought he was a chucker yet weren't brave enough to call him. A lot of umpires agreed with what we did but didn't have the courage to call him." Murali, meanwhile, said he had proved his action was legitimate after being cleared by a series of Tests conducted by the ICC. "I have no regrets at all of being called a controversial bowler," he told reporters in Colombo. "I have proved everything by use of technology. I don't regret anything. My talent is God's gift. "Nowadays, we use technology for everything. Those who criticise must give bowlers a chance to be tested, not treat them as criminals."
http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/466590.html

Oh this is just the begining -- The sh!t has just begun to hit the fan Wait for another 10 - 15 years when all the Umpires, ICC Officials, Lab Techs etc etc who will begin to retire --who were involved with Murali/Shoaib/ and possibly even Harbhajan etc when they will reveal the real story, but were either forced or did it just to continue their livelihood kept quiet and went with the flow.

Oh this is just the begining -- The sh!t has just begun to hit the fan Wait for another 10 - 15 years when all the Umpires, ICC Officials, Lab Techs etc etc who will begin to retire --who were involved with Murali/Shoaib/ and possibly even Harbhajan etc when they will reveal the real story, but were either forced or did it just to continue their livelihood kept quiet and went with the flow.
enjoy the last few matches he is playing, because this world is not going to see another shoaib akhar character(on field), we might see murali style bowler, but akhtar no way. pHBU_ev14oQ _bk6XhlmS1E
NY times bestseller - "the real story behind world record holder Muthiah Muralitharan by Joe the Lab technician" :hysterical:
enjoy the last few matches he is playing, because this world is not going to see another shoaib akhar character(on field), we might see murali style bowler, but akhtar no way.
Yes, we all like to watch the antics of a retarded over weight steroid monkey .. We already watch Sreesanth and that's more than enough for our team.

I've never been able to understand wat is the problem EVEN IF a spinner chucks?its just an added challenge to a batsman which he is expected to face.its not dangerous like in the case of a fast bowler,so where is the problem.i think the spinners should be allowed to bowl however they want provided its below a standard pace

BDxRhcpBZio&feature=related If people still think he chucks......then they are mentally challenged.
I have asked this question AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN --- I Will ask ONE MORE TIME How on the bloody earth the fact -- that just because he did not chuck with straps all around his body and wires through every porous hole on his body in a lab in a remote desert in Australia --- determine that he did not chuck Ball No 4 in Over No 23 in 3rd Test of say India vs Sri Lanka? How How How ? How How How ????? Can some sane person explain that to me? Chucking should be directly related to what the Bowler does On the FIELD! -- Not in a friggin Lab. To all the people who want to defend this act of Murali --- I have one more thing to say --- You Send me to Australia and Test -- whatever way you want -- I will pass the test and get a certificate -- "No MAMU did not Chuck -- He is a Legal Bowler" and in the 1st match after I am back, I will throw the ball that I am given to bowl. So this is all legal ? I am good bowler? It drives me insane -- all these Tests and Nonsense.