Just bought a Wii console and couple of games

King

Have been itching to buy a xbox 360 or PS3 for a while. I have a modded xbox with about 200 Gigs of hard drive but the graphics on xbox 360 now sounds ancient compared to 360 or PS3. After much deliberation I went for Wii. The salesman said the games are very interactive and kids will have good time too. I paid about 600+ dollars for the console and couple of games. If I had bought Xbox 360 I would have spent over 900 bucks for the console and couple of games. I'm going to try out Wii and let you fellas know. Anyone on this board own a Wii? BTW Ricky Ponting cricket is going to be on Wii. It should be fun.

Re: Just bought a Wii console and couple of games 600$ for a Wii.......do u live in Australia? Wii goes for 250+ tax and 50 $ a game. I got the 360 premium with an extra controller, a remote,2 games and 2 rechargeable kits for less than that. If you are into mini-games, check out some Wii board for websites which hosts Wii-remote enabled mini-games. Only 3rd party good games on the Wii are godfather and Tiger woods golf. Check them out. Not to dampen your enthusiasm but no cricket game is planned for the Wii yet and it will be atleast another 2 years before EA and codemasters release their next installment.

Re: Just bought a Wii console and couple of games I live in New Zealand and I think every US $ is about 1.31 NZ $. I'm not into mini games but there are several good games on it already. I bought Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell Double Agent and couple of free games came with the console too. I have to say the graphics are way better than Xbox or PS2 but not comparable to PS3 and 360. It really is fun playing with the controllers, it is way interactive than I thought. Golf, tennis and couple other games are great fun. The Codemasters are not releasing a new version of the game but are porting the already released Ricky Ponting 2007 game over to Wii and it is slated to release in June this year.

Re: Just bought a Wii console and couple of games

graphics are better than ps2 or xbox? my friends played Wii and told me that graphics are not so good but the game play is more interactive
Depends on what games they played. There are few cartoon kind of games that come free with the Wii which are like 1980s games. There are fantastic titles that has good graphics.

Re: Just bought a Wii console and couple of games If you are a family guy with kids and wanna play with people , Wii is a good purchase. But i've been against Wii ever since i played it a few times. I think its gimmicky. Anyway,Nintendo never has any games that interests me. Hows prince of persia? Is it a new game or a port of the old xbox game? One reason that most of the games suck is because that noone expected the Wii to be a success and the games were shoddy ports of Ps2 games, with everyone trying to join the bandwagon quickly. But a lot of new games are announced for the Wii,which will be worked from scratch(check out Spiderman3 and Harry potter).So there will be a lot of decent mature games by the end of this year. But ofcourse, by then,Master chief would have taken over my body and i would be finishing the fight.

If you are a family guy with kids and wanna play with people , Wii is a good purchase. But i've been against Wii ever since i played it a few times. I think its gimmicky. Anyway,Nintendo never has any games that interests me. Hows prince of persia? Is it a new game or a port of the old xbox game? One reason that most of the games suck is because that noone expected the Wii to be a success and the games were shoddy ports of Ps2 games, with everyone trying to join the bandwagon quickly. But a lot of new games are announced for the Wii,which will be worked from scratch(check out Spiderman3 and Harry potter).So there will be a lot of decent mature games by the end of this year. But ofcourse, by then,Master chief would have taken over my body and i would be finishing the fight.
I've never had Nintendo prior Wii. Prince of Persia is great, it is a new title made from the scratch. The controls work brilliant I tell ya. It is way easy to control and I've seen you jumping with the control makes the character jump too. That's some fun. After 3 rounds of boxing I was sweating and felt I had used my shoulders and biceps fair bit :hic: I think Wii is different and is very exciting. I've wasn't this excited when I had bought XBox or the PS2 for sure.

Game consoles suck now. No concept of gameplay - it's all flashy graphics. Man, do i miss the days of N64
To each his own..I remember those days when the game ads will no way reflect the actual game. These days a lot of these ads are atleast rendered and not CGI. I lost touch with games for a few years but ever since i played Gears of war, i am into these games more than I am into cricket now. And better graphics doesnt mean worse gameplay. The physics is better....enemy AI is better and as a fan of action adventure games, when you see an open world with a lot of freedom and multiple ways to get things done, games have finally arrived, the way it should be. While playing GOW, all i want is a break from all the action just so that i can look at the world i am in. But the game is too damn fast to actually stop and stare at the beautiful buildings. And when you do, you can feel the desperation in saving that world from being destroyed. Graphics immerses you into the game. Maybe not as much as gameplay does, but its still important. And that is exactly why i would never like Wii tennis where you will controlling a mii. But if Ricky ponting cricket does come to Wii, i will get it, crappy graphics or not.

Re: Just bought a Wii console and couple of games Wii released almost 5 months ago and i am yet to see one at any store. The controller will bring a different gaming exp. but i purchased a PS3. Give ps3 some time i think they will release a new controller and with the whole sixaxis thing it can work just like a wii controller. By the way anyone wants NES games let me know..

Re: Just bought a Wii console and couple of games I don't own a Wii but i play it often at my friend's place. It depends on how you define gaming and what you look for in a game. If your idea of a computer game is FPS shooty shooty stuff or WoW type long-winded RPG/Strategy games that are insanely graphics heavy, well go buy a PS3 and lock yourself in your parents' basement for the next six months. Because you aint gonna get out anyways. However, if you are a social person like me and gaming is an excuse to socialize, you LOVE games like Super Mario Bros/ SmashBros/DonkeyKong etc, Wii is the way to go. Wii sport is rather impressive. Yes, the controller is a bit twictchy buit hey, its a first attempt at mass-scale production of motion-sensetive I/O devices. Its not that bad and one can get rather good at Wii sports or whole bunch of NES games you can find for Wii. Wii boxing is actually an excellent workout and its fun too !

If your idea of a computer game is FPS shooty shooty stuff or WoW type long-winded RPG/Strategy games that are insanely graphics heavy, well go buy a PS3 and lock yourself in your parents' basement for the next six months. Because you aint gonna get out anyways.
Very true that, PS3 and XBox 360 are designed for mature games that involve RPG/Strategy. Wii is lot lighter than that and yes the sports although cartoonish is pretty cool. BTW I bought Splinter Cell Double agent, Zelda and Tiger Woods PGA tour. I can say confidently the graphics are way better than xbox or ps2. The game play is similar but the only difference is of course you will be swinging the remote like a club unlike in XBox or PS3 where you will be using a button to swing the club.

Re: Just bought a Wii console and couple of games Though Wii is fun and entertaining, I felt that it 360 was much more Mature and serious. Gears of War kicks the butt of anything out there. I was a Nintendo Fan and have DS also but I couldnt resist 360 when I played it. It has so many things that I always wanted. But if your going to play for fun and with a family member, Wii is the right choice. 360 is more hardcore. Love those realistic graphics :hic: