Who is your ideal choice as PM of India?

head coach

Re: Who is your ideal choice as PM of India?

but still' date=' I will prefer Mr. Rajnath Singh[/quote'] You want to see a politician who speak Hindutva and think in the same lines of making India a Hindu Rastra made the PM? Not trying to start another religious thread here but dont you think communal elements cannot create stability and peace in the country?

Re: Who is your ideal choice as PM of India? head coach, How do you define hindutvav?? I never see you bring this communal aspect when UPA is in power...or even Christian is in power in AP... Hinduism is secular which relies on theory of Vasudev Kutumbhakam.. How do you explain rise of Islam, Christianity...how do you explain Parsis finding refuge in Hindu country. How do you explain Syrian Christian feeling safe in Hindu India.. You got to forget religion and understand what being Hindu means?? Hinduism is way of life and only way to create stability...You can be praying Jesus but still be Hindu..and thats what we should aim for.

Hinduism is way of life and only way to create stability...You can be praying Jesus but still be Hindu..and thats what we should aim for.
Kabira, if your thinking holds true meaning all Indians are Hindus(not based on religion), Do you think Hindu right wing or fundamentals would allow Hindus to follow other religion namely Christianity, Judaism, Islam or Zoroastrianism? The above leader who represent one of those right wing parties when he comes to power will he support ruling that favour banning conversion and other practices that leads people out of "Hindu religion"?

Re: Who is your ideal choice as PM of India? >The above leader who represent one of those right wing parties when he comes to power will he support ruling that favour banning conversion and other practices that leads people out of "Hindu religion"? so your only problem is that people will not able to convert? Isnt?? Lets take recent example...2 Rs Coin...It looks very small thing....there isnt any hue and cry in media about "Cross" on the coin..Fair enough..That might not be Christian Cross just representing Indian Diversity...I know yesterday you defended this is nothing related to Christianity and I take your word. But lets turn it around, BJP is in Power..so called right wings have power..now they mint a coin with "Sathiya" on it..again representing Indian Diversity..What would have happened? There will be hue and cry in media and people like would have lambasted government.. Its this hypocrisy which I hate most..in the name of secularism..This aint secularism..

Re: Who is your ideal choice as PM of India? Head Coach this conversion is become business....you got to see it to believe it.. I was fortunate to meet someone who was making money in this...this guy some christian missionary head from AP...tours around the world to generate funding for his projects..He lives lavish lifestyle, travelling in business class...Shows people how he manage to convert lot of ppl into christianity and now he needs money for education blah blah.. here is true life examples of this conversion business Shimla: It was a moment of pride for all those who believe in the basic values of Indian culture and fundamental rights when 151 men, women and children were given an opportunity to return to their original faith. They all belong to Scheduled Castes with fragile economic condition and were converted in to Christianity by allurements during past several decades. When their struggle to achieve equal social and economic status within the Christian community failed to yield results and they were just thrown away like used commodity, they realised the folly. All India Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Mahasangh, HP, in the vibrant leadership of its president Tarsem Bharti, showed them the path to return to Hinduism again. Braving heavy snowfall in all around Shimla on February 28, 2007, hundreds of people of all castes and faiths gathered at Sanatan Dharam Mandir to welcome their alienated brothers and sisters. There were Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, Valmikis and Ravidasis apart from other Hindus to greet them. The persons who returned back to Hinduism included one senior Pastor Tulku Ram, one old and hapless widow Lajja Devi, two young sisters Sanam Samta and Safar Samta, two brothers Ashok and Kishore and one couple Vikas David and Anita David along with their families. Everybody had his or her own story of deception and cheating by those who once came to them as saviour in white cloak. Dalit widow Lajja Devi (62), a resident of Kasumpati area in Shimla, while talking to HimVani, narrated her pathetic tale. She said, ?I not only lost my young grandson Rakesh (28) but also my faith. The Pastor assured me that my beloved grandson, who was a serious patient of brain tumour, will be cured, provided we all bring belief in Jesus Christ. As he was the only earning member in my family of 15 and we had no reason to disbelieve the Pastor, we all got converted to Christianity. The Pastor also mislead us and threw the sacred Ganga Jal in the toilet and the idols and pictures of Gods and Goddesses were thrown in nearby nalla. But after a couple of days, Rakesh died.? That was not the end of her story. She revealed, ?After the death of Rakesh, the Pastor demanded Rs 2,000 from me to arrange for his burial and did not hesitate to demand Rs 5,000 for making a magnificent grave so that the soul of my grandson could rest in peace. I know how I managed this big amount to give them after losing my beloved. Now three and half years have passed, leave aside a magnificent grave, even a pucca grave has not taken shape. Having ruined me, the Pastor left me to my fate. I am feeling relieved after coming back home (Hinduism).? While talking to HimVani, the former senior Pastor Tulku Ram became very emotional. He said, ?I was literally cheated. In 1997, while I was doing my graduation, they (missionaries) contacted me and assured me a good job, provided I got converted. But after conversion, they sent me to Agape Bible College, Ludhiana, for one year training and then to G.F.A. College, Kumbnad (Kerala) for further one year training. I had little options at that time because of my fragile economic condition. Having appointed as Pastor, I started converting poor people, mostly ailing, by giving them assurance that they will be cured by bringing faith in Jesus and prayers.? He also revealed that his outfit ?Masihi Sangati? belonging to the Protestants had converted more than 1,000 people in Himachal Pradesh. Tulku Ram said, ?I spent nearly 10 years in Christianity and eight years as pastor, but my conscience never allowed me for that fake healing, although I converted about 50 people myself. I very well knew that nobody could be cured by that way and the Pope John Paul, who was suffering from Parkinson, was a great example before me. Now I was fed up with all these frauds and was ready to return to the fold of the faith to which my forefathers belong, when Mr. Bharti, (President of All India Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Mahasangh, HP) contacted me.? Replying to a pointed question, he said, ?This was no religion but business. They used hapless people like me as tool to collect a gathering and would take snaps of them. By sending those photographs to their mentors abroad, they would fetch a lot of money to spend for the welfare of neo-converts. But the fact is that they never spent that money on the purpose.? The tales of two brothers, Kishore (46) and Ashok (49) and two young sisters Sanam and Safar Samta are not much different from the story of the former Pastor. They were allured to convert by fake healers. In 1988 Kishore and Ashok got converted along with other members of the family by one Sister Sony who assured them that their younger sister Indu, who was suffering from stomach ulcer would get cured by prayers. Now 19 long years have passed, the patient is still suffering. Ashok also confirmed that after conversion, they did not get equal social status and had to face discrimination at many times, even within the Christian community. Same thing occurred with the family of Sanam and Safar. Their grandmother was seriously ill and the fake healers in white cloak took advantage of that and got the whole family converted. The condition of that old lady did not improve by prayers in the Church. One Deepak was lured for free education to her daughter and one Chandan Pal was assured a job. But the promises were not kept. Now they all, after coming to their original home, are feeling good. The programme, first of its kind in the history of this hill state, was organised under the aegis of All India SC and ST Mahasangh; HP and its president Tarsem Bharti played a key role in bringing them all to their original home. He said, ?It is a question of human rights because they were basically cheated and left at the mercy of those who are known for their crafty designs.? Mahant Surya Nathji and Swami Lalji Maharaj along with Sriniwas Murti, the Prant Pracharak of RSS and others washed the feet of all 150 persons, with their hands. After havan and shuddhi, all were presented with pictures of Hindu Gods and Goddesses, apart from religious books and Ganga Jal. Earlier to this, they all were brought to Sanatan Dharam Mandir in a Shobha Yatra. Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Sanatan Dharam Sabha, Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Sewa Bharti and other religious and nationalist organisations supported the cause. The author can be contacted at ajaisri02 [at] yahoo [DOT] co [DOT] in .

so your only problem is that people will not able to convert? Isnt??..
Was just siting an example. I'm not against or for this practice. Any political party that aligns with a religion when it comes to power is bound to make decisions and policies that appeases a certain section of country's population and hurt the feeling of people who practice other religion. Just a rational thinking. This goes same with BJP, Muslim league or any other communal party in India.
But lets turn it around, BJP is in Power..so called right wings have power..now they mint a coin with "Sathiya" on it..again representing Indian Diversity..What would have happened?
What is Sathiya? How is it related to Indian Diversity? Can you please shed me some light on it. Personally I dont know about its significance.

Re: Who is your ideal choice as PM of India? >What is Sathiya? How is it related to Indian Diversity? Can you please shed me some light on it. Personally I dont know about its significance. Forget it... >Was just siting an example. I'm not against or for this practice. Any political party that aligns with a religion when it comes to power is bound to make decisions and policies that appeases a certain section of countires population and hurt the feeling of people who practice other religion. Just a rational thinking. This goes same with BJP, Muslim league or any other communal party in India. All parties are communal..

Hinduism is secular which relies on theory of Vasudev Kutumbhakam.. How do you explain rise of Islam, Christianity...how do you explain Parsis finding refuge in Hindu country. How do you explain Syrian Christian feeling safe in Hindu India.. You got to forget religion and understand what being Hindu means??
Kabira, i admire hinduism's great conduct through the ages and its tolerance. But the issue here is not with hinduism, one of the greatest schools of thought on this planet- the issue here is with the modern day neo-fundamentalist hinduvta movement like RSS, Shiv Sena etc. who are warping hinduism to look something like 'indegenous desi' version of Islam. That much is evident from the kind of speeches they give at the rallies- it is certainly of a far more fascistic, uncompromsingly unsecular variety and not the variety of hinduism that we all love/admire or quote in terms of its historic conduct- which is the hinduism of Vivekananda or Sri Aurobindo. This modern day hinduvta movement to hinduism is to real hinduism what the Taliban are for peace and harmony.

Re: Who is your ideal choice as PM of India? >But the issue here is not with hinduism, one of the greatest schools of thought on this planet- the issue here is with the modern day neo-fundamentalist hinduvta movement like RSS, Shiv Sena etc. who are warping hinduism to look something like 'indegenous desi' version of Islam. so Islam is not worth following?? >This modern day hinduvta movement to hinduism is to real hinduism what the Taliban are for peace and harmony. comparing Taliban with VHP?? Can you give even one example that compares VHP with Taliban..