This is the saddest day in our lives...

yoda

Re: This is the saddest day in our lives... Without sounding like a hater I am not really a huge fan of Indian media reporting high-profile incidents that involves Indians abroad. Yes of course this incident is greatly regretted and the loss of two Indian origin people are saddening indeed. However if Shobha Warrier looked around she would see tons of such incidences everyday in India, why doesnt she bother to write about them? When was the last time she wrote an article this big about the killings that happen in NorthEast? I do not quite see how the actions/incidents involving a Loganathan, a Kalpana Chawla etc. should make to the headlines of Indian media really. They are American citizens and it should be dealt like that. Again I mean no disrespect towards the Professor. Clearly he comes across as a nice person(and American media is writing about him quite much), I am more complaining about Indian media writing about NRI's just like Indian movies cater to them ad-nauseum. Anyway those are my opinions...any hate mails in this regard be sent to Haters-R-us@rediff.com xxxxx xxxx

Re: This is the saddest day in our lives... I truely think that this incidence was a tragic for all of us not just the families but media is starting to get into my nerves these days. I mean other people died and were injured its not like only the 2 Indians died. And some one made an great point that shootings happen everywhere, granted that US does have problem with School shootings but still. Look at how many bad things happen in India everyday...

Guest dada_rocks

Re: This is the saddest day in our lives...

Without sounding like a hater I am not really a huge fan of Indian media reporting high-profile incidents that involves Indians abroad. Yes of course this incident is greatly regretted and the loss of two Indian origin people are saddening indeed. However if Shobha Warrier looked around she would see tons of such incidences everyday in India, why doesnt she bother to write about them? When was the last time she wrote an article this big about the killings that happen in NorthEast? I do not quite see how the actions/incidents involving a Loganathan, a Kalpana Chawla etc. should make to the headlines of Indian media really. They are American citizens and it should be dealt like that. Again I mean no disrespect towards the Professor. Clearly he comes across as a nice person(and American media is writing about him quite much), I am more complaining about Indian media writing about NRI's just like Indian movies cater to them ad-nauseum. Anyway those are my opinions...any hate mails in this regard be sent to Haters-R-us@rediff.com xxxxx xxxx
north east j/k ki maut ki kahani agar likhana shuru kar den na to aur kisi kahani ke liye jagah hi nahin bachegi... news wo hota hai jo out of ordinary ho...

north east j/k ki maut ki kahani agar likhana shuru kar den na to aur kisi kahani ke liye jagah hi nahin bachegi... news wo hota hai jo out of ordinary ho...
Bingo dada. It's called NEWs for a reason. Tragedy in J&K isn't new. Sad I know, but that's how it goes.

Guest dada_rocks

Bingo dada. It's called NEWs for a reason. Tragedy in J&K isn't new. Sad I know, but that's how it goes.
what pisses me off is same folks wud find nothing wrong with empathy shown in some god forsaken place in india for palestine (where they have never been and msot probably won't be able to point out even on map) but some indian national achieveing sthg in usa gets recognised b media or some tragedy with indian folks living here gets reported in media suddenly objectivity of the whole world dawns to them..