Power of Positive Thinking?

head coach

Positive thinking and prayer has been used for centuries, across ethnic backgrounds, through races, through religion and across continents to promote healing. Whether it works or not is not a question. The question, still debated fervently, is whether it is a divine interaction or a biological process that affects healing?

Re: Power of Positive Thinking? It does help the person ...but it is purely biological.And it doesn't effect the situation. Example ...i fast every monday.....for my spouses long life.I know it doesn't make any difference to his future....but it gives me peace of mind.....and it makes me feel like i am doing my best . So in a way it helps me.But it is purely about your mind working to help your body.....

Re: Power of Positive Thinking?

Example ...i fast every monday.....for my spouses long life.I know it doesn't make any difference to his future....but it gives me peace of mind.....
Awwww :alright: :alright: Waise do you fast or do you only take fruits that day Radhika? I somehow see you as the kind that gulps a glass of orange juice while she munches on dry fruits every hour. (runs and hides :hic: )

My husbands says ...it is the fast that is making me chubby :eew:
Hahaha...And he is right(as always!!). Waise baaki sab to theek hai but peanut chikki? :chin: :chin: Another question(with all due apologies to HC whose thread has been hijacked now) - what fast is done on Monday? I mean to please which God?

Re: Power of Positive Thinking? Science cant explain certain biological processes... The will of the person also matters a lot.. Lance Armstrong's autobiogrpahy " Its Not about the Bike" has some interesting references to it.. When he was first diagnosed with cancer and put on treatment , it seems every night when before going to sleep he would "talk" to the cancerous cells in his body, saying stuff like " i am too strong for you.. i kno you will go away.." and he made a full complete recovery. And this after he was given 2% survival chance by the doctors. His doctors are still not able to explain the speed of his recovery.. I guess there is always a psychological element to any healing process..

But maris ...there is every possibility that the treatment had a big part to play..... Bechare doctors...never get their due..
Rads, I hope your fasting ends up in good health (for you). Maris, I have also read about this in Newsweek magazine where they wrote aboutpower of prayer and positive thinking. And the irony of the story is all of them came from Doctors who treated these patients. Its an interesting thing to ponder about...

Re: Power of Positive Thinking? I am sure all this power or thinking shinking will be explained by some chemicals being released when you think some thought. How come it doesn't work for everyone? I tried so hard to put a brake to my vertigo spinning ...but nothing happened....I even said...ok fine I'll not be scared and just enjoy you ,you stupid spins!...but nothing happened. :roll: HC......i feel good.....but if i don't eat dinner on time then i get quiet cranky and nutty...(lack of salt) :roll: then i just apologise to God andwhoever had to suffer me.... :hic:

Re: Power of Positive Thinking? It works for individual...You cant pray for someone else. When you pray with heart...your subconscious mind hears it..and if you start putting action in that direction, your subconscious mind strengthens action and result.. In case of Lance Armstrong, he prayed and used his words, and he was serious..did whatever was needed and his subconscious mind saw that this dude is damn serious and it started to work in that direction.. Only praying doesnt help..but putting right action behind it gives you desired results..

Shiv ji..... Married women keep it for thelong life of their husbands. Unmarried ones keep it so that they get a hubby like shivji... I wonder why men keep the fast..... :chin:
Hmm so you are a bhagat of Bhola Baba..Nice. Men keep fast? Thats news to me. Frankly in Hinduism odds are so heavily stacked in the favour of men. Think it like this - women end up doing fast for their husbands(and when they are unmarried then for their would be husbands), then for their kids, and afterwards for pretty much anything really(bacchon ko nazar na lage, husband ka promotion ho and all that). However men do not have to do anything like that. If a woman does a fast it is considered "natural", if a man does fast he is considered a "saint". Go figure! xxx

sorry marirs....maaf karna... :lol:[/quote Jus kiddin... And if it helps u guys to any extent , name is Sriram.. jus did a string reverse to get marirs.... and this is really interesting topic.. :hmph:

Re: Power of Positive Thinking? Nahi baba...it's rarely the guys who ask women to do it.....it's their own doing. Waisay i was supposed to keep the thursday fast...beforemarriage ...but the monday one seemed more lucrative...hence i started keeping monday walla fast. :hic:

Re: Power of Positive Thinking? Its not about asking. There is nothing like only women should do it. I feel that fasting is just because of religious beliefs. I mean its a personal choice. Jab meri shaadi hogi aur agar mera bas chala to I will ask my wife not to keep fast.