Enthiran/Robot

SachDan

The actual promos for the movie looks pretty cool, and from whatever videos that have been released the CGI is pretty good and state of the art. Given the budget and director Shankar's technical acumen, you can be guaranteed that this would be the first really good sci-fi movie on Indian celluloid.
Same was said for Anniyan and Sivaji (and other non-shankar movies like Dasaavatharam). Technically, they were all horrible movies. CGI is balls even compared to low budget hollywood movies. 190 crores is around 40 million dollars. District 9 was made with 30 million dollars. Even if you remove the salary of 1.5 million to Ash and 2.5 to AR rahman, that still leaves 35+ million for just the movie. Will the CGI be as good? In the trailer, it looks horrible. Shankar is done. Mudhalvan was his last good movie and even by then his vigilante storyline has run its course. Gentleman - Vigilante with Education motif Indian - Vigilante with corruption motif Mudhalvan - Vigilante with corruption motif Anniyan - Vigilante with corruption motif Siviaji - Vigilante with Education/corruption motif And Endhiran seems to follow the same "Vigilante with Education/corruption motif" storyline.

hehe Zap othikeren..the same was said about the previous movies too..but somehow i feel it might be different this time around..btw andhe "technical acumen" la konjam over dhan' date=' chumma oru build up kaage use pannen..please ignore it :D[/quote'] Unfortunately tamil movies have been horrible since the days of "Mass masala movies" craze started in 2000s. Before that, technically, some movies esp from Mani ratnam, Shankar,Kamal were brilliant. But since the dependence on CGI increased, something we are not good at, movie quality has gone down.

Unfortunately tamil movies have been horrible since the days of "Mass masala movies" craze started in 2000s. Before that' date=' technically, some movies esp from Mani ratnam, Shankar,Kamal were brilliant. But since the dependence on CGI increased, something we are not good at, movie quality has gone down.[/quote'] some offbeat films from relatively new directors have been really good. Ex- Angadi theru, which came out recently was an excellent realistic film portraying the lives of daily workers in big textile stores in chennai. You must watch it if you have not. Also i really loved Subramaniyapuram, it was really well made. And the ending was fantastic.

some offbeat films from relatively new directors have been really good. Ex- Angadi theru, which came out recently was an excellent realistic film portraying the lives of daily workers in big textile stores in chennai. You must watch it if you have not. Also i really loved Subramaniyapuram, it was really well made. And the ending was fantastic.
I've heard of them but i dont like those kinda movies. I like urban, light hearted movies like Michael Madana Kamarajan, Alai payuthe etc. Even movies you've mentioned drown in the sea of masala movies from Vijay, Vikram, ajith and even Surya and they dont come out often.

190 crores is around 40 million dollars. District 9 was made with 30 million dollars. Even if you remove the salary of 1.5 million to Ash and 2.5 to AR rahman, that still leaves 35+ million for just the movie. Will the CGI be as good? In the trailer, it looks horrible. .
:omg: :hail: prawns

I can't believe people are discussing CGI' date=' technical acumen, script..blah blah..who cares. There is thalaivar and thalaivar's style what more do you need?[/quote'] Honestly, people who havent seen a Rajini movie in theaters will never understand this. I never liked his movies much and always wondered why people liked his movies till i saw arunuchalam in a theater. Its like being part of a match winning moments of an Indian cricket match in the stadium...all 3 hours of the movie.

I can't believe people are discussing CGI' date=' technical acumen, script..blah blah..who cares. There is thalaivar and thalaivar's style what more do you need?[/quote'] He is so awful; can't believe he has such a massive fan following. No acting skills- just cheap tricks

Bullsh1t movie coming up... Even the Disney movies have better animations forget the high end animated expensive Hollywood movies.
for your info Yuen Woo Ping will be the stunt co-ordinator for Enthiran, making his foray into Indian cinema, while Stan Winston Studios will take care of the animatronics in the film. Industrial Light & Magic will be working on visual and special effects.[ Look up wikipedia and check out their previous works