Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

in your link. ctrl-f 'testo' - no results found :finger:, :fist:, :bamboo: Besides, I already explained to you, that one does not get testosterone-supplementation from food... and definitely not from banana.But you seem to be growing denser day by day. :two_thumbs_up:
Use a better internet connection dude....:haha: http://www.fitness-and-bodybuilding-workouts.com/foods-that-increase-testosterone.html :finger::finger::finger::haha:

Rahul, Check out stronglifts 5x5. It's meant to take your squats, bench press to the next level by progressive overloading. Don't jump straight into your work weight. For example if you want to squat 200, do some warm up sets with 90, then with 135, then 175 or something...then get to your 200. In terms of diet, haldi and dood are really good for you at night, old Indian trick. Banana's are great as someone mentioned. And for a week you just might want to log your calories just to see if your hitting 3000 or so. I just started Stronglifts and am nowhere NEAR you! As he reccomends, he says to start bench and squat with the empty bar at 45 pounds and then go in 5 pound increments from workout to workout. After 2 weeks and a bit I'm squatting 75 and benching 60 without any issues, but the inevitable wall will come soon. One big problem is the lack of a power rack at my house...so I gotta clean and press the weight, then put it on my back

^@BP Do you have a problem comprehending the difference between a food containing testosterone and a food containing Zinc. Which I already explained you on other thread - how actually your assumed food-sources of testosterone are supposed to work.
I do understand ur point , banana has a good amount of pottasium which helps to produce lot of testosterone when u work out. Banana release energy very quickly giving you more energy to burn fat and calories.

I do understand ur point ' date=' banana has a good amount of [b']pottasium which helps to produce lot of testosterone when u work out. Banana release energy very quickly giving you more energy to burn fat and calories.
Shabash... keep it up dhakkan... .:two_thumbs_up: Potassium must be having some role to play in the whole chain of biochemstry that leads to T secretion. But, Zinc is known to be one of the most vital micro-nutrient that directly affects T production. A diet deficient in Zinc, saturated fats and Vitamin B affects T production more than others. baaki jo tujhe samajhna hai samajh.. whatever works for you... may be you are some different species.

For last 1 year' date=' I have stopped increasing weights as my goal was to bench presss n squat 200 pounds and I achieved that last year but I have been noticing the even though I m getting some tonning, I haven't gained more mass in last 1 year... [b']so from last 2 weeks, I have started increasing weights and my new goal is to hit 250 by next 6 months.... gonna increase my diet now and eat more daal, dahi,nuts and paneer...
First up hitting a plateau is vastly underrated. If you are hitting 200 wth ease it means your muscle quality shall improve as will muscle memory and even if you dont add any extra pound to your lift your shape and size would be much better than the first time you hit 200. That being said you are in the right place with regards to beefing up bench press and squat. Those two were my weak spots and let me share what worked for me. First up the best way to improve on squat is to simply not do it. I learned it the hard way. Squatting is a lot about form and body structure. Quite possible around 200 pounds or so your ancillary muscles, lower back, upper neck etc, are unable to load anymore weight and even though your legs are still strong you cant move anymore weights. What I would recommend is go for front squats for quads and stiff legged deadlifts for hams as your principal moves. Those really brought my legs up. If you havent done front squats much start with just the bar. It is much safer than regular squats too. Keep adding weights and you can also do regular squats to burn those last extra calories. A good game changer for you may be something like this. Front Squats Stiff Legged Deadlifts Hack Squats Leg presses OR Leg curls Regular squats (use 1/3rd of the weight, so if you lift 200 go for say 75 pounds but use it as a finishing move. Go ass to grass, go down till your hams/butt hit the back of your calves. You should be sitting at the bottom If 75 is heavy go lighter but go full form, it will beef your smaller muscles including calves. Do 3 sets of 12-15 as finishing move) Some calf exercise. Will write about chest later :-)

Shabash... keep it up dhakkan... .:two_thumbs_up: Potassium must be having some role to play in the whole chain of biochemstry that leads to T secretion. But, Zinc is known to be one of the most vital micro-nutrient that directly affects T production. A diet deficient in Zinc, saturated fats and Vitamin B affects T production more than others. baaki jo tujhe samajhna hai samajh.. whatever works for you... may be you are some different species.
He was asking abt a fruit and thats y i suggested banana. I dont know dude, u r getting annoying these days.

First up hitting a plateau is vastly underrated. If you are hitting 200 wth ease it means your muscle quality shall improve as will muscle memory and even if you dont add any extra pound to your lift your shape and size would be much better than the first time you hit 200. That being said you are in the right place with regards to beefing up bench press and squat. Those two were my weak spots and let me share what worked for me. First up the best way to improve on squat is to simply not do it. I learned it the hard way. Squatting is a lot about form and body structure. Quite possible around 200 pounds or so your ancillary muscles, lower back, upper neck etc, are unable to load anymore weight and even though your legs are still strong you cant move anymore weights. What I would recommend is go for front squats for quads and stiff legged deadlifts for hams as your principal moves. Those really brought my legs up. If you havent done front squats much start with just the bar. It is much safer than regular squats too. Keep adding weights and you can also do regular squats to burn those last extra calories. A good game changer for you may be something like this. Front Squats Stiff Legged Deadlifts Hack Squats Leg presses OR Leg curls Regular squats (use 1/3rd of the weight, so if you lift 200 go for say 75 pounds but use it as a finishing move. Go ass to grass, go down till your hams/butt hit the back of your calves. You should be sitting at the bottom If 75 is heavy go lighter but go full form, it will beef your smaller muscles including calves. Do 3 sets of 12-15 as finishing move) Some calf exercise. Will write about chest later :-)
Hey Lurker, doing some research, i find a lot of split between people who say that you should only squat to parallel because any further will hurt your knees, and people who say ass to grass is the way to go. What do you think? Presently I am comfortable doing both

Hey Lurker, doing some research, i find a lot of split between people who say that you should only squat to parallel because any further will hurt your knees, and people who say ass to grass is the way to go. What do you think? Presently I am comfortable doing both
Do both. Go to parallel or slightly lower with heavy weight. Its best for quads and some hams. Your foot position will decide which you hit more. Go ass to grass to build the hanging hams and calves. You wont be able to lift as much, probably 50% of what you can lift to parallel but it will fire all the supporting muscles and build overall shape. If you do 225 for squats, do 225 to paralle, do 100-125 to ass to grass. The latter should be in 8-12 reps range and not 4-6 as you would for heavy weights. Hope that helps.

definitely does Lurks! Thanks man I'm currently doing this Stronglifts 5x5 program. You start REALLY light and then add 5 pounds every single workout (for deadlift add 10). When you hit a plateau, you deload and try again. It's a M - W - F workout. Workout A: Workout B: Squats 5 x5 - 45 lb Squats 5x5 - 50lb Bench Press 5x5 - 45lb Military Press 5x5 - 45lb Barbell Rows - 65lb Deadlift - 95lb It's my 7th workout so far and I'm liking it so far. Nowhere close to the 200 mark lol obviously, I'm about 80lb squat and 125lb deadlift, but I haven't hit a plateau yet, whch I'm sure is right around the corner.

definitely does Lurks! Thanks man I'm currently doing this Stronglifts 5x5 program. You start REALLY light and then add 5 pounds every single workout (for deadlift add 10). When you hit a plateau, you deload and try again. It's a M - W - F workout. Workout A: Workout B: Squats 5 x5 - 45 lb Squats 5x5 - 50lb Bench Press 5x5 - 45lb Military Press 5x5 - 45lb Barbell Rows - 65lb Deadlift - 95lb It's my 7th workout so far and I'm liking it so far. Nowhere close to the 200 mark lol obviously, I'm about 80lb squat and 125lb deadlift, but I haven't hit a plateau yet, whch I'm sure is right around the corner.
Dont be afraid/worried of plateau. I have been doing this gig for over 15 years now and even today sometimes weights go up for me. The other day I bested my lift for dumbbell pullovers on a decline bench. Frankly could have gone up further but once you go fast 100 lbs just getting the freaking dumbbell in place takes a lot out and you have to worry about injury. If you hit a plateau change your exercise. Even if you dont change the routine, your physique would be lot better than the time when you hit the plateau the first time. Its all in the mind, stop thinking about weight. There would be good and bad days mate. Weights will keep coming so long as you are sincere and not looking for short cuts. xxx

Hmm.. I've been away and this thread has got a lot of new posts. Havent had the time to read it... but i'll just post a status update. I was out of town for the week, completely broke my diet. No exercise as well. Had lots of beer, pizza, burger, pav bhaji, jalebi, halwa, fafda, hot dogs, medu wada, batata wada, misal, etc this week. I've put on a kilo, but I'm glad that I've got all the cravings out of the way so I'm gonna eat healthy for the next month. :two_thumbs_up:

first a big big thank you for your post!! bolded part u said is very very instresting.. I will defintely try that next time..actually tomorrow is my legs day even better.. tbh Lurker bhai...please answer me about this.. I m confused as I feel I should not increase weights on my lower body as firstly I m a bowler(fast bowler) ...heavier weights I do on legs, harder I feel these days to bowl with a longer runup... and first time I actually got a hip injury after bowling two weeks back.. I wud like to blame heavy weights I m lifting on legs.. so u think its ok to stop lifting heavier weights on legs but continuing lifting heavier on upper body?? also waiting for the chest update..thankxx

Few things you can try: a) Increase weights by smaller increment - instead of 25 lbs, try 10 (5-5) or even 5 lbs (2.5-2.5). If you can do 6-8 reps with 200 and then are able to do a set of 4-5 with additional weights, then you have made progress. b) Try to maintain same number of total reps - e.g. lets say you were doing 4 sets of 7 reps - total 28, and then after increasing by 10 lbs you are able to do only a set of 4. Then try to do 7 sets of 4 (total = 28), or until you can do sets of even 2 and reach a total count of about 25-28. This thing helped me in increasing my pull ups. Initially I could not do more than 3-4, so I started with doing total of 30, even if it took me 15 sets. And within few months I was able to cross 10 mark. Diet front: Just grapes ( or juice) as preworkout does not sound enough. Also, depends how long before the gym you are having it. Grapes, banana, and other such fruits get digested quickly, so you better take them close to the workout time Or even during workout. As you already know you have to eat more than you are eating - So, one change you can try is - have a proper meal about 60-90 minutes before workout - oats (or some other complex carbs) + some source of protein. And when going for workout, carry a protein shake (with fruit/juice of your choice), which you sip through during workout - that is apart from your post workout shake. You can try coffee with that pre-workout meal. Caffeine helps a bit with that extra push & focus you will need. Almost all of those pre-workout energy drinks have caffeine (besides some other stuff, taurine, L-arginine etc)..search a bit on natural sources of L-Arginine, I remember some mentions in Arnold's encyclopedia book - he used to have some concoction sort of,of natural foods for L-arginine needs. If you have not yet tried creatine - then perhaps this is the time to try one cycle of creatine. It is one of the safest (and cheapest) supplements you can experiment with - esp. in bulking.. For some people it can cause stomach upset, but nothing serious otherwise.. do a reading for your satisfaction. Last thing - Post your queries on bb.com forums, you will get even better quality and accurate responses. You can find all types of folks there, experimenting with all kinds of diet-lifestyle possible. Come on man, it is about time that you stop this nonsense.
Sorry for a late reply Akshay.. some really good tips there.. I have always tried to avoid caffiene but if u r suggesting that its a good preworkout drink, then coffee it is from tomorrow.. though I did start having coffee half n hour before gym after I read ur post a week back... never thought of Oats.. thats a nice one..will buy it over the weekend and try it from next week.. this one actually seems to be handy also for some reason, I jus dont want to use creatine.. i feel as if its not naturall.. I know I am wrong and most of people who do regular workout take it everyday but for some reason, I am jus bit scared using it..... I have gone to bb but everyone there recomends different diets, different ideas..its so confusing..and i know for a fact that Lurker, u, Shehzaada r regulars like and are desi and eat desi so I prefer posting here
Rahul, Check out stronglifts 5x5. It's meant to take your squats, bench press to the next level by progressive overloading. Don't jump straight into your work weight. For example if you want to squat 200, do some warm up sets with 90, then with 135, then 175 or something...then get to your 200. In terms of diet, haldi and dood are really good for you at night, old Indian trick. Banana's are great as someone mentioned. And for a week you just might want to log your calories just to see if your hitting 3000 or so. I just started Stronglifts and am nowhere NEAR you! As he reccomends, he says to start bench and squat with the empty bar at 45 pounds and then go in 5 pound increments from workout to workout. After 2 weeks and a bit I'm squatting 75 and benching 60 without any issues, but the inevitable wall will come soon. One big problem is the lack of a power rack at my house...so I gotta clean and press the weight, then put it on my back
haldi n dood? hmmm... yaar sach main work karega na... btw regarding u idea of eating banana, i already eat 1 banana in lunch and 1 banana smoothie after workout out..so iwas wondering its ok to have 3rd banana before workout regarding increasing weights, thats what i m tring to do... increasing it step by step..and lol its hard.. after almost 3 weeks i have only increased it by barely 7.5 pounds to 207.5:giggle:... I think its time I shud ask some1 to spot me so i can freakign increase some effing weight lol