US Open 2010

SachDan

King Rafa to win his third grand slam of the year :two_thumbs_up: At Flushing Meadows he has reached the semifinals in the last two years...It's time to break the jinx! Vamos Rafa :cheer::cheer:
:headshake: anyways lets see who wins :cheer: fed

I Am Going... I Am Going.. I Am Going.. fed is going to win.. Nadal doesn't know how to play in U.S..
Hard-courts troubles him no doubt about that but he has shown tremendous improvement at Flushing Meadows reaching semis in the last two years. Worrying thing is his preparation coming in to US Open which has not been satisfactory.. but he will be hungry for the title that eluded him over the years and I'm backing his sheer determination to win his maiden US Open title :two_thumbs_up:

Tennis star Wozniacki seeded No. 1 for US Open

NEW YORK — Serena Williams' loss is Caroline Wozniacki's gain as the Danish tennis star was named Monday the top women's seed for the US Open which begins on Monday. Wozniacki was the runner-up at Flushing Meadows last year and is the first woman since 2003 to be seeded No. 1 at the US Open without already having won a major championship. Wozniacki is the second top ranked player in the world behind Williams who pulled out of the event with an injury. Spain's Rafael Nadal is the top men's seed, followed by Swiss star Roger Federer at No. 2. The 2009 men's champion, Juan Martin del Potro, pulled out Saturday because of an injured wrist that he required surgery three months ago. This is the first time Wozniacki has been seeded seeded No. 1 at a grand slam tournament. Defending champion Kim Clijsters was seeded No. 2. Venus Williams, the 2000-01 US Open champion, is No. 3, followed by 2008 runner-up Jelena Jankovic and Sam Stosur. Venus said Tuesday she was "ready for the Open." She added that she has "had a tough summer, with some bad luck with my leg." Two other past US Open champions who were seeded are No. 11 Svetlana Kuznetsova and No. 14 Maria Sharapova. Venus' sister, Serena, pulled out last week, saying she still is recovering from surgery to repair cuts on her foot. The draw for the US Open is Thursday.

Seriously, I can't understand people calling Federer a gracious champion. He never gives credit to his opponents when he loses. His post-match interview after his loss to Berdych is a case in point. Similarly, I remember watching him play a match against Tipsarević in the Oz open. Tips took a lot of time whenever he decided to review a decision and Fed was mad at him and kept whinging to the ref. But Fed somehow managed to scrap though after a grueling encounter. In post-match interview, he said, "It's a shame that there are no draws in Tennis as he deserved to win as much as I did", while he kept complaining when things weren't going his way. Such an hypocrite who gives credit only when he wins. :hitler: I'm not a big fan of Nadal or Djoker, but I don't mind them winning. But I can't stand the sight of Federer, with his Rolex watch on his leftie, lifting a frigging trophy :mad: