US Open 2010

SachDan

Who are we to question Fed's greatness? all I'm saying is Rafa is a great player in his own rights exemplified by him being the most complete player of the tour in the last couple of years and having plenty of tennis still left in him. Please care to answer following quieries.. Q:1) Do you agree that since 2008 Rafa has outclassed all the opponents,including the so called "greatest"?:winky: Q:2) If Fed fails to lift the title here would you agree with my sentiments that he's well past his prime?
I can answer that though in support of Rafa. When Fedex was at his prime it was always a case of a big fish or small pound . The period would be b/w 2003-2005 when he won his first wimbledon. And apert from Fedex these were the players consistently in the top 10 then : Roddick,Hewitt, Moya(my all time fav for some reason),Henman,Coria,Gaudio(Both for a season or 2), Safin,Nalbandian. Out of these Roddick,Moya have struggled with him on most occasions(Moya's age not helping him though but anyways he could not have beaten him). Hewiit did well against him when Fedex was a new kid on the block. Safin was a maverick and played out an epic match in 2005 Aus open. Gaudio,Coria well least said about them would be good.Nalbandian had a good record even in Fed's prime and Henman well he's a brit so no point discussing. Now Nadal was the one who brought in a challenege to Fedex by beating him when he was on top of his game. Infact he beat him in 2004 in Miami on a hard court match when Nadal was very new. And after that other players have also kind of beaten Federer and he has struggled to carry forward that same domination which he had in the above mentioned era. So much so that now we have so many challenegers for Fedex like Djoko,Murray, Del Potro(though it was a flash in the pan) and so forth. Nadal's greatness has been that he has exposed the chinks in the armour of arguably the greatest tennis players of all times while where Federer has struggled is in maintaining the same tempo when confronted with serious opposition. No doubt Fedex is a great player and one of the best to watch but sports is not always about grace. It has elements like grit,sturdiness and determination of which Nadal is an epitome.

Hot Rod loses in R2 vs Tipsarevic, huge huge dissapointment man. I love him to bits. :(( Im sure he has not fully recoevred from his illness, he was an ace form going into the grass court season but got struck down. Hope he can get a masters cup spot! From all accs Tipsy played well Rubbish USO so far, some of my faves- Berdy, Baggy, A Rod all losing. Hope Nalby does some serious damage.

Hot Rod loses in R2 vs Tipsarevic, huge huge dissapointment man. I love him to bits. :(( Im sure he has not fully recoevred from his illness, he was an ace form going into the grass court season but got struck down. Hope he can get a masters cup spot! From all accs Tipsy played well Rubbish USO so far, some of my faves- Berdy, Baggy, A Rod all losing. Hope Nalby does some serious damage.
Damn missed the match. It was early in the morning here. Nalby likes to play so much that he always ends up playing five setters :giggle: I think, Djoker is the dark horse. He has already had a scare, so he'll be up for it from now on.

Roddick didn't play his best yesterday. Plus didn't concentrate well enough too. Sucks he lost that game. I was hoping to see his game on saturday but he got knocked out.
Roddick started losing after his ranting at lineswoman..match was in the balance till then!

well well, Gasquet beats Davydenko is st sets. Davy still not recovered from his wrist injury and rusty. But this good news for Gasquet, hope he is coming back to something like his best. Itll be great if he has a good run here, super talent and wonderful player to watch in full flow.