Asif Bowling with Munaf Patels action.

CG

Forget about His Laziness, he peaked 4 years ago and has been in decline since. Apparently still in his mid-20s but seems to get slower every year and take fewer and fewer wickets. Warne took a couple of looks at him in the IPL and dumped him from the team. Says it all. Patel is just too lazy to play any sport, arguably the world's worst athlete, and is clearly in the wrong career.

Asif has a completely different action. Munaf has a front on action where he pretty much stops his follow through after his release. This is probably done to limit the stress on his back and hips. Whereas Asif has a similar release but he finishes his follow through where he uses his hip and shoulders. He uses his follow through with his arm to probably put more direction on the ball which helps it swing whereas Munna doesn't have any real follow through which limits the movement of the ball.

munaf should never play for india. how does he keep getting selected? still living off his debut test against england
I wouldn't necessarily say that, he had a very solid run in the ODI team in 2006/7 and has been moreso picked on the back of that and sporadic ODI performances like yesterday. As a Test bowler, I think he has good potential, and for some reason, does crank up the speed in Test cricket occasionally up to 140kph.

Munaf had everything going on for him. He always had talent to make it big. But Mofo was very lazy and did not take criticism well. I thought when he moved to Mumbai, that will make him change his attitude. But he did not last there long. I think SAchin took lot of interest in him. The guy comes from very very humble background. And you would assume he would have aspiration and will to work hard built in But he has been big disappointment.

Munaf had everything going on for him. He always had talent to make it big. But Mofo was very lazy and did not take criticism well. I thought when he moved to Mumbai' date= that will make him change his attitude. But he did not last there long. I think SAchin took lot of interest in him.
This is very true, I still remember his debut when he bowled with decent pace (not express as had been hyped but enough to trouble Test class batsmen), bounce and a lot of accuracy to destroy England at Mohali. As you say, if he had been willing to put the hard work in he could have been a serious bowler. But sadly just didn't have that drive.
I have usually found Munaf's action not so pleasing' date=' while Asif bowling is like a poetry in motion. How can you guys even compare the two?[/quote'] Munna bhai's action is exactly identical to Mcgrath's action. Asif is not exactly a poetry in motion. If you talk about Donald i agree.