Who is to blame?

King

Firstly don't get me wrong but Pakistan I've been told is quite corrupt at all levels. Politicians, cops, public services pretty much everything. How can anyone expect the cricketers to be any different coming out of PCB setup? I don't expect every cricketer to go the same way but you would expect one or two corrupt players in Pakistani setup don't you unless of course they have been well and truly educated with regards to match fixing or any such shady deals that seem to get a grasp of their players? I guess the players are certainly to blame once the case is proved but PCB must wind up for sure after this debacle. Do they even educate these lads when they come into the team? Have they got any system in place that educates them about so called agents and high profile people that have shady needs? Clearly PCB should have got some papers signed by every player that represents the county with "Life Bans" if entered into any sort of shady deals they may conduct while playing cricket for provinces/country. Has PCB in-house lawyers, to educate these lads coming from economically lesser families? Though the buck should stop with the greedy players I believe PCB may not have done enough to educate the players about opportunities for such irregularities at international level. If the seniors in the team are into this it's only a matter of time the younger ones will be sucked in as well. PCB's policy of pardoning players with lousy attitudes and often resorting to bringing the stumbled ones is now paying dividends I guess. This is a glowing example why ICC should take up educating any newer players coming into the foray of international cricket. ICC should conduct workshops to make sure the younger ones completely understand the implications of not playing cricket using fair means. I wasn't too happy with SL board for banning Randiv but now with hindsight they did great by doing so otherwise things such as these could end up being mundane. I wish PCB had the same sort of integrity as SL cricket board.

"Paisa sab ko pyara hain", especially for a team like Pak where u not sure if u will be a stable player in the team, so make a quick buck. Most of these guys come from poor families and you suddenly show them flesh and materials, its very easy for a 18 year old to give in.

IPL,USA,RAW,Israel...if we had given enough money to them, they wouldnt need to resort to this. But seriously, it is because of lack of any consequence. What happens in Pak when there is no consequence? What is the consequence of planning a terrorist attack? Worst you get is a week worth of house arrest and inconvenience of changing your organizations name. What is the consequence of losing games so that your captain is dropped? nothing. What is the consequence of ball tampering, pitch tampering? You get captaincy. What is the consequence of taking over the country illegally? Presidency for almost a decade. What is the consequence of killing people? 72 Caucasian virgins!! The whole country is fked up from inside out!! I thank allah every day that we are not a part of them. That we dont have bowlers like Asif and Amir.

This is not a problem with their cricket system Ravi, rather a problem with the country. Their entire country is morally bankrupt. Education and all has very little to do with this (Salman Butt for instance is educated). If all your life you witness people around you hoodwink, cheat, bribe, pull each other down to conduct their daily business, sooner or later you are gonna start thinking there is nothing wrong in this. Thats all it takes to become morally bankrupt. This is a country that beats innocent civilians to death in public, while celebrating a terrorist organization such as LeT as a charity organization and a Zaid Hameed as an inspirational speaker. Dont expect much from the cricketers who come out of this system. Their fundamental sense of right and wrong is screwed up to begin with.

This is not a problem with their cricket system Ravi' date=' rather a problem with the country. Their entire country is morally bankrupt. Education and all has very little to do with this [b'](Salman Butt for instance is educated). If all your life you witness people around you hoodwink, cheat, bribe, pull each other down to conduct their daily business, sooner or later you are gonna start thinking there is nothing wrong in this. Thats all it takes to become morally bankrupt. This is a country that beats innocent civilians to death in public, while celebrating a terrorist organization such as LeT as a charity organization and a Zaid Hameed as an inspirational speaker. Dont expect much from the cricketers who come out of this system. Their fundamental sense of right and wrong is screwed up to begin with.
thakela B.A pass with 35%, and the accent of a paindoo..
IPL,USA,RAW,Israel...if we had given enough money to them, they wouldnt need to resort to this. But seriously, it is because of lack of any consequence. What happens in Pak when there is no consequence? What is the consequence of planning a terrorist attack? Worst you get is a week worth of house arrest and inconvenience of changing your organizations name. What is the consequence of losing games so that your captain is dropped? nothing. What is the consequence of ball tampering, pitch tampering? You get captaincy. What is the consequence of taking over the country illegally? Presidency for almost a decade. What is the consequence of killing people? 72 Caucasian virgins!! The whole country is fked up from inside out!! I thank allah every day that we are not a part of them. That we dont have bowlers like Asif and Amir.
This is not a problem with their cricket system Ravi, rather a problem with the country. Their entire country is morally bankrupt. Education and all has very little to do with this (Salman Butt for instance is educated). If all your life you witness people around you hoodwink, cheat, bribe, pull each other down to conduct their daily business, sooner or later you are gonna start thinking there is nothing wrong in this. Thats all it takes to become morally bankrupt. This is a country that beats innocent civilians to death in public, while celebrating a terrorist organization such as LeT as a charity organization and a Zaid Hameed as an inspirational speaker. Dont expect much from the cricketers who come out of this system. Their fundamental sense of right and wrong is screwed up to begin with.
Wonderful posts.

I can vouch I have relatives in there. They lived in India for 12 years. They left pakistan because of threats from Dhakus. They came here. Started business etc. Got their citizenships. But they could not succeed in business. The reason, too many rules and regulations by Govt. They can't bribe them all. LOL They went back recently and doing well there. They can bribe anyone there, Any thing they want to do can be done sitting at the home.

To add to that take a look at the official National heroes of that country where they have all crooks and barbarians starting from Ghazni to that "Scientist" who stole nuclear secrets from the Dutch. It doesnt take a Einstein to figure out what sort of country it is just from that.
Regarding Abdus Salam, he's an ahmadiya. He's hailed as one of the greatest scientist Pakistan (nobel laurate) ever produced but he's grave was defaced for calling himself a Muslim (Constitution passed under Zia were Ahmadiya's were ruled as non - muslims) This, in my opinion, is the single most glaring example of their backward, degenerate ideology.

I don't think on the same lines as you guys do blokes. There has to be some good honest blokes even in PCB. Pretty sure majority of their nation must be upset with the latest turn around and the fixers. The implication are quite large to be honest. Majority of the games not just the Pakistan one will be looked at with a bit of doubt. Great come backs will be taken with a grain of salt. This is certainly not good for cricket particularly when there is healthy competition among the top 4 test playing nations. Just as I type this cricket has served the justice in its own way, Aamir out for a duck with crowd yelling "no ball" during every ball Aamir faced.