Introduction Thread for New members  

52 members have voted

1. 1.

• Google
    • Referred by someone
    • Caught Bukhar
    • Other (please specify)
    • Youtube or other videos

I'll start. Spent my childhood in India, Europe and the US, grew fascinated by Astronomy, spent my formative years in the lovely laidback city of Lucknow, learned the Punjabi way of life in Chandigarh (some would say pseudo Punjabi), moved to Bangalore for a year before getting a doctorate in the subject I was in love with, Astrophysics. Lost interest in it and thought of earning more money in life in the industry. Love cricket, it's technicalities and intricacies and love talking about them though guys like Rahul and Ravi leave me in the smoke.Try to bring out meaningful stats to bolster the subjective view, though Dhondy beats me to it. Try to write the occasionally funny piece, though guys like Bumper, Gambit and Predator leave me far behind. Try to talk about the history of cricket, to find myself left way behind by the likes of Salil. Try to talk of technology and the likes of Varun and Rajeev make me feel I am coming from the dark ages. That is why I love this place so much, no matter how hard I try there is always someone better than me to learn from. And in the end I try to talk about secularism to be branded a pseudo secularist.:D This platform has given me a lot to talk and discuss about. Lots of friends and people with whom to bounce ideas and share thoughts with, some with whom I have done in my life outside the online and others I hope to do soon with.

Humpf, how lazy people are ! Here goes mine.. Now 23 , originally nomenclatured Sriram by doting parents , i have had to endure a fair share of nicknames by equally doting but naughty friends. A madraasi by birth and growth , I thought India didnt exist beyond the suburbs of chennai till the age of 15 , when someone showed me an India map. Personally , i will probably win the "world's most laziest guy" competition hands down ( just that i am too lazy to go and collect the prize). Passions include cricket , weapons systems , geopolitics , good music,good food ,traveling , humor and above all " Mera Bharat". Professionally , I *was* a research student in space physics till a few months ago, but it didnt take too long to dawn on me that my future lies somewhere else. An "outstanding" student at school ( if you know what i mean) , I have done 6 years of Electrical Engineering without knowing bull of what it is about. I found this site through Rajeev's videos. I have been pretty much been hooked to this place since. Guess the fact that the people here are as passionate , if not more about the game of cricket has made sure i keep visiting this wonderful community. Goals in life includes staying single forever , and if possible do a Doctorate in Political Science in my 40's, among other things. Thats about it , Cheers ! :two_thumbs_up: P.S - Wake up , my intro is over !

Now 23 , originally nomenclatured Sriram by doting parents , i have had to endure a fair share of nicknames by equally doting but naughty friends. A madraasi by birth and growth , I thought India didnt exist beyond the suburbs of chennai till the age of 15 , when someone showed me an India map.
So you must have failed in Geography Sriram :giggle: Good to see that you intend to do a Doctorate in Political Science :two_thumbs_up: A highly underrated subject that touches the life of a lot of us on everyday basis.

Wrong side of 30. Grew up in Chennai, India. Settled in the west coast (US). Passion: Cricket, Finance, Teaching My biggest regret in my early years in the US, was missing cricket. Post WC 2003, i have had so much overdose of cricket that i no longer feel cursed in this aspect. Special thanks to selfless folks like Rajeev who spend significant portion of their personal time for others. He has made us so spoilt that we have almost begun to demand his videos. My day starts here & my day ends here. I do enuff in between to survive till tomorrow, so i can come back here again. I am no longer sure if i come here for the board or the people. I love this community to death.