Ramesh bhai, a bookie worth 10,000 cr, in his own words Read more: Ramesh bhai, a bookie worth 10,000 cr, in his own words

Laaloo

MUMBAI: Here's a lead for the International Cricket Council's ( ICC) Anti-Corruption Unit to probe into. A top bookmaker in India, who strictly maintains that he is not involved in the player-bookie nexus, says the December 15, 2009 India- Sri Lanka One-day match at Rajkot was suspicious. "Saaf nahi tha (it wasn't clean)," he told TOI on Friday. Sri Lanka won the toss, elected to field and India ran amok scoring 414 runs on a placid track. In reply, Sri Lanka rode on Tillakaratne Dilshan's massive 160 and almost chased the target before falling short by 3 runs. Sri Lanka bowled 27 extras in the game, India bowled 21 and a total of 825 runs were scored at the Madhavrao Scindia ground that day. "Sri Lanka were 401/5 with just 14 more runs needed from seven balls. The bets were coming in fast because punters wanted to balance the stakes. At the start, India looked firm favourites and there were almost no takers for Sri Lanka win. But towards the end, it all became a frenzy," says the bookie. Right then, he received a text message on his mobile. The sender was a 20-year-old boy from Rajasthan who earlier used to work for him as a cleaner. He wrote: "Sab saude kaat do, aur call mat lena. India match le jar raha hai (Cancel all deals and don't take any further bets. India is winning the game)." The bookmaker says instinct made him listen to his former employee and he turned out right. India won by three runs. What was behind the SMS may never be known but the bookie continues to harp on the rumour of the amount of money that was transacted that night. "I am told that money around Rs 28 crore ($ 7m) changed hands that night," he says. It is for the relevant authorities to try and see if there was any truth to the allegations. The bookie also went on to add a little more after his 'fixing' theory. "That was the last match that I heard was suspicious. I can also say that Indian players are clean. They're among the most impeccable, especially the senior players," he says. With skeletons tumbling out of the Pakistan closet, while that may be of slight relief, it is still disturbing that there is talk a fixed game being played less than a year back in India. And one man, claims he has circumstantial evidence to prove it happened. Will the authorities probe this claim? Read more: Bookie claims India-Sri Lanka Rajkot ODI was fixed - Top Stories - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Bookie-claims-India-Sri-Lanka-Rajkot-ODI-was-fixed/articleshow/6488556.cms#ixzz0yUx3Xcgv :giggle:

Right then, he received a text message on his mobile. The sender was a 20-year-old boy from Rajasthan who earlier used to work for him as a cleaner. He wrote: "Sab saude kaat do, aur call mat lena. India match le jar raha hai (Cancel all deals and don't take any further bets. India is winning the game)."
So that's his evidence? A former cleaner boy's hunch that India just might win a close game? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
The Pakistani video was doctored, but a bookie's friend's hunch is irrefutable evidence B->
Die hard Pak fans deserves to hear something of this type to put them out of their misery and one which will definetly help them celebrate a better Eid! Hopefully that safai wallah's denial won't come before Eid :cantstop:

Its so hilraious reading the poorpassion comments............. 1. Ban the players 2. Remove them from ICC awards 3. Cut ties with Sponsorship 4. Suspension until investigation is complete :rotfl: What goes through their mind? They even bashing Dravid for his comments...........

Ramesh bhai, a bookie worth 10,000 cr, in his own words Read more: Ramesh bhai, a bookie worth 10,000 cr, in his own words Ramesh bhai, a bookie worth 10,000 cr, in his own words... TOI-Crest went looking for India's ugly cricketing underbelly to an address 100 km from Jabalpur - the home of a 42-year-old Marwari businessman, a leading bookmaker in India who, his men say, is worth not less than 10,000 crore today. Here is this bookie's account... I'm not meeting you because I need any kind of publicity. I want to make you understand that the media reports on match-fixing and betting are completely false. It is a wrong notion that every bookmaker in India today is hand in glove with fixing. Otherwise tell me, why would a punter put his money with us? Why will you bet with me if you know that I've fixed a match or a performance? The year before last, the whole betting scenario in India changed because of Mumbai. Dawood's gang runs the business there and nobody dares do anything about it. His men refused a payment of Rs 750 crore after a game. Woh bole 'sauda ***' (they said deal dead) and that was it. Who is going to argue with them? Since then, we've decided not to deal with the Mumbai lobby as much as possible. We are not underworld. Yes, what we do is illegal but tomorrow if you're my client and you refuse to pay me, I'm not going to come after you with guns and knives. I'll simply never deal with you again. But if you do that with Dawood's men, you're dead. Similarly, it is not we who fix matches. I just run this business with 10-12 odd boys who sit with two laptops and five Reliance CDMA phones and my work is done. Without any underhand dealing, after paying the police their per-match cut, after paying the boys and everybody else, I still take home easily around Rs 2 to 3 lakh a day. So, why do I need to fix anything? You remember the India- Sri Lanka match a year ago in which Sri Lanka almost chased a total of little more than 350? We were beginning to think Sri Lanka would take the match because in the end they needed just 15 runs from 12 balls and Dilshan had played very well. Match mein colour aa gaya (the match became colourful) and Sri Lanka had slipped from one rupee and 10 paisa (at the start of the game) to 22 paisa by then. My phone lines wouldn't stop ringing because punters wanted to balance their stakes. Anybody could win and of course Sri Lanka more so because of the chase till then. That is when I got an SMS from a boy in Rajasthan. He's just 20 years old and once upon a time used to work as a cleaner in my office. All he said in his message was: 'Sri Lanka ke bhaav kaat do. Mat lena. Ghar ka murga jeetega. (Cut Lanka deals and don't take any further bets against India. India is winning.)' India won that match with a ball to spare and someone sitting in Rajasthan had shelled out Rs 28 crore ($ 7.5m) to take the game till there and yet plant a result. I cannot tell you who the boy is or who he works for. That's the crux of our business, the network. If I didn't get that call, I would've ended up losing quite a bit of money that day. We operate within three facets of illegal bookmaking in India - the Network, the Art of Fixing and the Player-Bookie nexus. The Network: We go by the Great India Book. It is a list of people across the country who form this illegal network. We all know each other but never work together, we don't keep in touch. In India today, there are five big centres from where these lines run - Jaipur, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Delhi and Mumbai - and the biggies in the business come in that order. Two brothers in Jaipur run India's biggest line. They pick the odds from Ladbrokes or BetFair and list it. There's a very big bookmaker who sits in Hyderabad, one in Nagpur who controls entire central India, an old and very experienced hand in Delhi and the D-Gang-controlled network in Mumbai. It's a bad business. I can name the D-Gang because they are out there and have been in this business for years. I can't name the others. Are you asking if the men in Jaipur are Rakesh and Rajesh (well known bookies in India)? I won't tell you. The one in Hyderabad is equally big. What about Murad bhai in Hyderabad? Australia wohi dekhta hai (He looks after Australia). In Nagpur, it is Rammu Agarwal. You must be wondering that these men also fix matches. If I were to start fixing matches and my punters knew it, why do you think they would bet with me? If I am determining the course of a certain eventual result, why will you put your money in my line? I am earning a lot just by taking bets on the phone and being fair in dealing with the money. Yeh dhanda poora vishwas par chalta hai (this whole business runs only on trust). Only CDMA phones are used in this business. The bookies use a software based on Java platform to maintain their database. Voices are recorded for authenticity and absolute privacy is maintained. Then, there are those who fix games. Kharaab log bhi hote hain (there are bad people in this business too). I will not go out of my way to risk my business to approach a player. But there are others - who want to make a fast buck - willing to do it. Players are approached mostly to raise stakes in three departments in the betting - Fancy, Session and Colour. Fancy means ball-based betting. Ab yeh ball par chauka ya chhakka lagega kya? Let us say Virender Sehwag is in blazing form and is batting on 94. He has a tendency to get his 100 with a six. There are too many bets on situations like this. These are the opportunities available to fix performances (spot fixing) which is what some bookies do. Asif and Aamer's no-ball wasn't fixing. It was the bookie trying to present his case by way of confirming on television that he could dictate their performance. He was only trying to lure in a customer and tell him that we can make a particular cricketer do a particular thing. Of course, no-balls are fixed and so are wides. My boys take bets on it. It's big money. I know some of India's top cricketers very well. They know what I do and they maintain a distance at most times. Honestly, I can tell you today's Indian cricketers don't do it. Only players from countries who are desperate for the big money do. Forget Pakistan, Sri Lanka is the main hub. Whether players play their part or not, whether betting is legalised or not, satta will always stay alive. It is an addiction. Once a player gets involved, he stays on because once a thief, always a thief. And let me also tell you one thing here. The bookie never loses money. Only the punter does. Always. PERFORMANCE FIXING It is the way to fast money. "I want to bet on a game and be a crorepati overnight. So I go to a player who is in tremendous form and ask him to do a particular thing at a particular time. The bookie will obviously make money because the punter doesn't know what I know. For instance, Tendulkar is racing towards his fifty and there's huge money bet on a half century. Tendulkar gets out on 49. I've made my fortune," says Ramesh Bhai. SESSION FIXING This is a favourite among punters. Session goes like this: "Sehwag and Gambhir are in good form. So how much will they score in the first 15 overs? 96/97 is the going rate. 96 or less in first 15 overs or 97 or more. The same can also go for a bowler's first spell, runs scored in the last five overs, number of no-balls and wides in an innings, missed catches and so on. PLAYER FIXING There are bookies who try their hand at it. Some succeed, many don't. It's like a lottery. The underworld mostly does it because it threatens and players can be easily scared. If Dawood's man asks a player to do something, the player may do it and not necessarily just for the money. For others, it's the lure of big money. Players from small cricketing nations are easy prey because they don't get paid like the Indians and Englishmen. Indian players are very clean. The senior players are very honest. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Ramesh-bhai-a-bookie-worth-10000-cr-in-his-own-words/articleshow/6489422.cms

This guy tries to sound like he's some god father. Just jail this bloke because of people like him the sports suffer. I find it hard to differentiate between a bookie, match fixer, corrupt politicians, they are all the same. Finding short cuts to live life in luxury. Whereas there are millions that are working their butt off to make two ends meet. It is high time India legalize sports betting. I hear India has horse betting so why should they not introduce sports betting and put a cap on how much anyone can bet? There is horse betting, lottery, stock trading and foreign exchange trading in India. How different is sports betting? Even the stock trading is an unfair nexus. The directors rig the stocks all the time.