A gangster extortionist killed in fake encounter

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

One of the player happens to be gujrat police along with Andhra Pradesh and Rajsathan . English media is whipping up the frenzy as if sthg beyond unthinkable has happened. The usual Modi resignation hanging etc etc call is there. BTW there is not even a whisper about Reddy saheb congress CM's trial by media. I mean come on at least pretend to be unbiassed in coverage. Sitaram Yechuri of all people who couple of days ago was putting brave face in wake of murder of peasants of nandigram is asking for resignation too.:-) As I write CPM hooligans have killed three more farmers ( neither a ganster nor extortionist justa simple muslim peasant holding on to his land holding, if that's crime then they are criminal too) in Nandigram and people are leaving the place in droves. Anyone who is aware of the police's modus operandi viz a viz hardened crminals know fake encounter is not unheard of. More often than not you get awarded medals for that, I have a fully decoarted uncle in Bihar whose speciality happens to be eliminating the seasoned criminals through not so legal means. Very recently in kashmir few terrorists were taken care of in fake encounter noone was asking for Manmohan Singh's head btw then. Now there are several schools of thoughts regarding this mode of crime control. Some are stickler to the law and given indian constitution enjoys moniker of "lawyer's paradise" no point for guessing what this adherenace to the letter of the law means. Well it means u keep nabbing these hardened criminlas and they will keep winning their freedom through court. This guy Soharabudden had 50+ murder case running against him in court. Unless u kill someone in broad day light and get urself taped live in act on NDYTV it's nary impossible to get conviction through court and these seasoned gangsters like soharbudeen know this pretty well. Sometimes even that is not enough. Jessica Lal's murder happened in broad daylight and still u get to hear there are not enough evidence. I just wish police had elimnated criminals like pappu yadav tasleemudeen in early days of their criminal career then we didn't have to go through the ignominy of having them as MP in august house of parliament. In my opinion as long as police doesn't start killing innocent people there is no point taking these hardened crminials to court. Finish them off but for heaven's sake do better job. Recent development in bihar in Saharsa region 100's of civilian local people with their licenced rifle in tow are guarding road construction worker from the wrath of Maoist. Nitish Kumar has given his own endorsement to this development viz a viz private policing. Again illegal but there is no other way out 75000 odd police force can do only so much.

Re: A gangster extortionist killed in fake encounter ^ Very well said DR Our 'freedom of law' has provided a few results like this-- (1) Abu Salem---still enjoying the right of fair trial and I heard people of his area in UP find him a great future "Neta" (2) Afzal guru --- This guy inspite of being sentenced to death has became a nightmare for us now ---I think he has reached till European courts for bashing India. (3) Nadeem Saifi---escaped after Gulshan Kumar's murder ---where he is these days?? The list is endless. If "Fake Encounters" were carried .....at least we could have got rid of Abu salem and Afzal Guru.

Re: A gangster extortionist killed in fake encounter

One of the player happens to be gujrat police along with Andhra Pradesh and Rajsathan . English media is whipping up the frenzy as if sthg beyond unthinkable has happened.
And your argument is? Are you trying to defend the Gujrat Police? Or are you trying to show what Gujrat Police has done is being done in other parts of the country as well? Or that the media has been biased in its coverage? Talking strictly about Gujrat "encounter"(since thats what the title of this thread is) it is a despicable act on part of Gujrat Police. Not only did they kill a "suspect" they also eliminated his wife and burnt her dead body.
Confirming the worst suspicions, the Gujarat government today told the Supreme Court that Kausar Bi, wife of fake encounter victim Sohrabuddin Sheikh, was also killed and her body burnt.
http://www.indianexpress.com/story/29760.html Gujrat Police & Government deserves every bit of criticism for taking two lives and Indian media is doing what it is supposed to be doing - its job. xxxx

got to follow the law.
And waste millions of dollars of Taxpayers money (Eg: Abu Salem) and in the case of Terrorists ... lives of people (like that guy who was exchanged in 1999 for Passenegers of IA ) ......
change the law if needed, but law is for us to follow. otherwise there wouldn't be much diff between us and "them". everyone wants their own set of exceptions. regarding the terrorists and 1999, we should have an explcitly stated policy like the US of no negotiations with terrorists with "severe" consequences for those helping/harboring these terrorists which would have included the afghan and pak govts.

Re: A gangster extortionist killed in fake encounter Police with no fear of law are a bigger hazard.....it's a suspect one day....and then just about anyone without power.Innocent people will always be killed when there is a shootout ....but planning and killing someone is murder. Of course most of us have have some level of acceptance for encounters when confirmed terrorists ,underworld guys and criminals are concerned.....but how can one guarentee that this will not happen to innocent people.Remember Daya...who turned from supercop to cop who is now accused of dealing with the same Dons who he encountered before.

Re: A gangster extortionist killed in fake encounter on top of all this Narendra modi is trying to get his usual 2cent political mileage by spinning this into a work of a great carmadrie by gujarat police. The VHP and Bajrangdal have also stepped into this and were at the court shouting long live vanjhara. Beacuse he killed a muslim not because they killed a "suspected" terrorist. Apparantley this Vanjhara bloke is a long time aide of Modi (being his class mate once upon a time) and was at the forefront of lawbreaking during the gujarat riots. (i.e refusing help to minority and actively helping VHP and BD run riot with swords, being a DIG at the time and all). He was given promotions by govt out of ways for the great "support". His deeds reflect all that is bad about Modi and his policies. And a great shame upon Gandhi's beloved India.

Guest dada_rocks

One of the player happens to be gujrat police along with Andhra Pradesh and Rajsathan . English media is whipping up the frenzy as if sthg beyond unthinkable has happened.
And your argument is? Are you trying to defend the Gujrat Police? Or are you trying to show what Gujrat Police has done is being done in other parts of the country as well? Or that the media has been biased in its coverage? Talking strictly about Gujrat "encounter"(since thats what the title of this thread is) it is a despicable act on part of Gujrat Police. Not only did they kill a "suspect" they also eliminated his wife and burnt her dead body.
Confirming the worst suspicions, the Gujarat government today told the Supreme Court that Kausar Bi, wife of fake encounter victim Sohrabuddin Sheikh, was also killed and her body burnt.
http://www.indianexpress.com/story/29760.html Gujrat Police & Government deserves every bit of criticism for taking two lives and Indian media is doing what it is supposed to be doing - its job. xxxx
I think answer of every query is in OP.. I am underliing whipped up frenzy when something is conncedt with gujrat.. heck even the same episode AP police is involved too but noone is talking about AP.. In my book a criminal along with his cohorts has found the justice whihc he has delivered to scores of people.. Only problem I have is this idiotic job of police they should have done betetr homework like millions of such encounters.. Next time do ur homework guj/ap/rajasthan police..

Guest dada_rocks

Re: A gangster extortionist killed in fake encounter Yes law must be followed that's why i am not against guilty being charged.... at the same time having seen police predicament form very close quarters I alos know there is no other way to get rid of guys like soharbudden and prajapati.. All I am agianst is why this medi frenzy over Modi.Why not single out Rajsehkhar reddy, why not single out buddhdeb bahatcharya.. Why every damn thin happeing in Guj has to be put on modi's feet while rest of the folks get benefit of doubt.. Why not whip up frrenzy for PM's head too when J/K sees army fake encounter.. why why why why

Re: A gangster extortionist killed in fake encounter Because this aint the first encounter hes done, thats why, hes a tyrant and any open eyed normal person would see that. 2000+ minorities were butchered by his Police and VHP thugs not too long ago. Another election is coming, chances are he will be at it yet again.

Guest dada_rocks

Because this aint the first encounter hes done, thats why, hes a tyrant and any open eyed normal person would see that. 2000+ minorities were butchered by his Police and VHP thugs not too long ago. Another election is coming, chances are he will be at it yet again.
bull$hit ....after five years other than rant noone has produce any evidence against modi.... vhp thugs did what they did beause people who burn others alive have been hiding behind we are peace lovers garbage tal for long.. yes u are naive everyday encounter happens in every state and as long as it eliminates likes of the thug like this case i don't see any problem whatsoever...........

I am underliing whipped up frenzy when something is conncedt with gujrat.. heck even the same episode AP police is involved too but noone is talking about AP..
And I say that only the Hindu brigade is getting beat up into frenzy here, only because Gujrat is invoked. Here is a question to you - How many Indian States have conceded in Supreme Court that they have killed an Indian citizen and burnt their bodies? I have given you the link up above about Gujrat from Indian Express. Can you please do the same for other states thats doing the round right now? xxxx

Guest dada_rocks

I am underliing whipped up frenzy when something is conncedt with gujrat.. heck even the same episode AP police is involved too but noone is talking about AP..
And I say that only the Hindu brigade is getting beat up into frenzy here, only because Gujrat is invoked. Here is a question to you - How many Indian States have conceded in Supreme Court that they have killed an Indian citizen and burnt their bodies? I have given you the link up above about Gujrat from Indian Express. Can you please do the same for other states thats doing the round right now? xxxx
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070201/j&k.htm http://www.hrdc.net/sahrdc/hrfeatures/HRF82.htm I say just put any state's name u will get the result.. it's not rocket science.. Encounter killing of hadened criminal is must it may be illegal but remains desirable nonetheless.. this thug has already murdered 50+ people wonder why are we sheding tears for him.. i wud ay gujarat govt has some consicnen that's why it accepted otherwise we have vultures like cpm govt who still is defending killings.. Hindu/muslim tubelight one of the gangsetr killed is hindu one is muslim... question being asked is why treat same case same crime with different yardstick. why not put all party to same sort of media trial.

Guest dada_rocks

Hindu brigade is getitng frenzied because in same case three state three cms are invoved but nly oneis being talked about.. as we talk three more peasants have been killed in nandiganv noone is asking for buddhdeb's head.. how many indian state more or less each and every indian state from j/k has accepeted in enounter gone wrong cases.... to believe otherwise is to say state has never lost a murder case in anals of indian judiciary. I don't have memory of amoeba. anyway point is not whihc state did what that's different topic of discussion point is why ignore one state and vilify other for the same crime

Guest dada_rocks

Re: A gangster extortionist killed in fake encounter I hope usual hit and run brigdae doesn't disappear. Let us look at the whole scene objectively. Data from NHRC tax-payer funded conscience keeper report (1) The last report available online is for 2004-2005, and it makes for interesting reading. The report amongst other things covers custodial deaths and encounters. As regards the deaths which occurred in the police custody in the course of the year 2004-2005, the report indicated that there was a noticeable decline in such cases vis-?-vis the previous year in the States of Bihar, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Rajasthan,Tamilnadu and West Bengal. There was, however, an increase in the deaths in police custody n the States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Orissa, Delhi, Jharkhand and Uttranchal. Well thats something the mainstream media will not bother to tell you. Now the present media outrage is all about encounters so let us look at what the NHRC has to say about encounters. 122 intimations were received from the various State Governments about killings in encounters during the year 2004-2005. These included 66 such intimations from the State of Uttar Pradesh, 18 intimations from Andhra Pradesh, 9 from Delhi and 5 each from Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. Separately, the Commission also received 84 complaints about alleged killings in fake encounters. Here is another interesting statistic from NHRC on fake encounter cases disposed during 2004-2005. Gujarat had just 1 fake encounter case while congress ruled AP had 5, SP ruled UP had 54, congress ruled Haryana had 4. While Gujarat only 5 encounter cases pending, Congress ruled AP had 21, Congress ruled Maharashtra had 29, SP ruled UP had 175, the National Capital Delhi had 18 despite Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh at the helm and Congress ruled Uttaranchal had 14. So when one sees the head over heels moral outrage in the mainstream media over the Gujarat Fake encounter case, one is left bewildered over why the media has its conscience pouring all over its newsprint over a hardened criminal when far many more cases in other states presumably many involving innocent law abiding citizens are pending. Looking at all this outrage one is forced to ask the question - what moral underpinnings does this outrage stem from ? Is it about what ails Criminal Justice ? Is it about why our law enforcement has lost faith in the Judicial System that it tends to find violent and murderous solutions outside the ambit of law ? Is it about why there are such a large number of encounters and fake encounters in some specific states ? Or is it about how Criminal Justice and Law enforcement are so easily prone to political pressures that they tend to be misused for political purposes ? If the outrage over Sohrabuddin?s fake encounter death was secular and moral it would be asking all of the above questions. It would have focused the debate on the widespread secular nature of this malaise that afflcits our law enforcement and criminal justice system. But then thats not what the public debate on Soharbuddin has been about. It has instead been about how a Muslim man and his wife were wronged by the Police in BJP?s Narendra Modi ruled Gujarat. Media hawks and tclueless ntizens many we have here on thsi forum conveninently ingnore that YSR?s Andhra and Vilasrao Deshmukh?s Maharashtra are far ahead by leaps and bounds on the NHRC?s scale of high handedness and fascism. So what then of the Congress? moral fibre or is that it never had one to begin with ! Conclusion: The public debate on the Gujarat Fake encounter case reminds us once again of the deep anti-BJP anti-Narendra Modi agenda of the mainstream media. There is neither morality nor secularism in the media?s reportage of this case. If the media were to be seriously concerned about encounters it would focus on what ails criminal justice and law enforcement and not on Modi and the BJP. Sohrabuddin was a hardened criminal and the fact remains that he got more justice in his death than he probably ever dealt to his many victims in life. By framing the public debate on his religion the media stands guilty of communalization doing little to either Human Rights or to Secularism. PS: I want reponse u hit and run brigade make me type and when truth doesn't jibe well with ur prejudice conveneitnly keep quite like nothign has happened.. U want debate u will get one.

Guest dada_rocks

on top of all this Narendra modi is trying to get his usual 2cent political mileage by spinning this into a work of a great carmadrie by gujarat police. The VHP and Bajrangdal have also stepped into this and were at the court shouting long live vanjhara. Beacuse he killed a muslim not because they killed a "suspected" terrorist. Apparantley this Vanjhara bloke is a long time aide of Modi (being his class mate once upon a time) and was at the forefront of lawbreaking during the gujarat riots. (i.e refusing help to minority and actively helping VHP and BD run riot with swords, being a DIG at the time and all). He was given promotions by govt out of ways for the great "support". His deeds reflect all that is bad about Modi and his policies. And a great shame upon Gandhi's beloved India.
when media instead of dicussing case is hell bent on communalizing and politicising the issue (despite one victim beign muslim one hindu).. when vlture from opposition who have been sleeping despite the fact that AP and maharshtra leads in encounter killing, attacking Modi then what do u expect Modi to do let them have fun with political jibes..... :lmao:

Yes law must be followed that's why i am not against guilty being charged.... at the same time having seen police predicament form very close quarters I alos know there is no other way to get rid of guys like soharbudden and prajapati.. All I am agianst is why this medi frenzy over Modi.Why not single out Rajsehkhar reddy, why not single out buddhdeb bahatcharya.. Why every damn thin happeing in Guj has to be put on modi's feet while rest of the folks get benefit of doubt.. Why not whip up frrenzy for PM's head too when J/K sees army fake encounter.. why why why why
In TN Jayalalitha approved a lot of these "encounters". Many did not approve of it and media did cover it, atleast locally.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: A gangster extortionist killed in fake encounter locally but it was not made a national crisis like in this case.. btw as per NHRC AP and Maharsahtra lead the roster in fake encounter killing but that's secualr encounter I guess hence it's not talked about