Konkona Sen fan club

Don

Looks like lurkers a big fan so am I. Love her work in almost all her films especially mixed doubles, traffic signal, Omkaara, Yun hota to kya hota not to forget her magnum opus in Page 3. Not an out and out beauty but my gawd can she act.

Re: Konkona Sen fan club Great actress Konkana Sen Sharma is. And it speaks more about Indian cinegoers than her that she isnt one of the top ranking actresses..she should be. I have appreciated her ever since the days of Mr & Mrs Iyer. She brought to life a rather delicate character without ever going over the top. If a non-Indian watched that movie he would never realize that Konkana is a Bengali and not Tamil, such beautiful was her diction and way of speech. It was similar in Omkara. While a great movie it made compromise in the way it brought a rather "un-UP" like language set in the UP/Bihar setting. However Konkana did her own thing with her "Aakhaaain"...an out and out Bihari thing. Not sure if that was Vishal Bhardwaaj's idea or whose, but Konkana carried it greatly. Great actress :wtg:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Konkona Sen fan club mr. and Ms aiyar got several awards despite jews being shown in poor light in the movie.. They show a jew person skull-capped pointing out some muslim character in the bus to rioters... Don't know which part of story-line mandated this scene. Anyway, to me she comes of as an average actor lionized due to her mother's big name.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Konkona Sen fan club do u like fictional artsy type movie where hindu are shown as blood thirsty rioters and muslim character shown comes of a bespecatacled gentleman holding camera and seems to have philosphical outlook beyond his time............ god knows which part of the world has this sort of reality where muslims are super intellectuals and hindus are rioting buffons .... Forget india one can do reality check anywhere in the world literacy equation will always and always beskewed in laters favour.. in nutshell it's basicallyur run of the mill fictional art movie since it does some hindu bashing hence has gotten few awards.. hardly surprising that lurker and ilk liked this movie.. :lmao:

Re: Konkona Sen fan club

Mr. and Ms Iyer any good fellas? I'd like to watch it if it is any good.
Yes very good movie indeed. It catches subtle things very well. India for example, how it is not a country of any one language(or culture). How a transport system(in this case a bus) can be thought of a symbolising India and how riots effect it. How highly educated Hindus still abide by caste laws and refuse to drink water from the same bottle as a Muslim(check Konkana's facial reaction when she comes to know about it). Not to mention how riots impact the life of a common person. I wouldnt want to give too much away but shall recommend it for sure. xxx

do u like fictional artsy type movie where hindu are shown as blood thirsty rioters and muslim character shown comes of a bespecatacled gentleman holding camera and seems to have philosphical outlook beyond his time............ god knows which part of the world has this sort of reality where muslims are super intellectuals and hindus are rioting buffons .... Forget india one can do reality check anywhere in the world literacy equation will always and always beskewed in laters favour.. in nutshell it's basicallyur run of the mill fictional art movie since it does some hindu bashing hence has gotten few awards.. hardly surprising that lurker and ilk liked this movie.. :lmao:
Majority of the movies are fictions and don't usually deal with realities. I look at a lot other aspects of the movie like the story, screenplay, acting and few more subtle details. I watched Parzania recently and wasn't impressed by a lot of actors in that movie. There was fair bit of anti religious sentiments in that movie too but everyone knows movies usually exaggerate.

Re: Konkona Sen fan club Remember seeing around an hour of page 3 and iyer. Both came off as amateur efforts.Too bland and technically shoddy. She never had the screen presence that was required in both movies either. i dont know how to categorize those movies as i really dont think anything different is artsy(you really have to see some merchant-ivory movies or some foreign movies for that). I would rather say they are more in the C movie mold with a few shock factors and some good actors thrown in. But other than that, the screenplay,cinematography,direction were just too horrible to complete my viewing. But then again, i never liked sholay or tarantinos movies either.

Remember seeing around an hour of page 3 and iyer. Both came off as amateur efforts.Too bland and technically shoddy. She never had the screen presence that was required in both movies either.
Pray elaborate on what are YOUR parameters of technical excellence, screen presence and professionalism are.
i dont know how to categorize those movies as i really dont think anything different is artsy (you really have to see some merchant-ivory movies or some foreign movies for that).
What do you mean by artsy?
I would rather say they are more in the C movie mold with a few shock factors and some good actors thrown in. But other than that, the screenplay,cinematography,direction were just too horrible to complete my viewing.
What are C movies? Mind you, 'B' happens to be a category recognized by MPAA and other film boards. Never heard of C. And while at it, do also elaborate on why you felt the tech aspects you mention were horrible.
But then again, i never liked sholay or tarantinos movies either.
No fear. You are not going to be a pariah!

mr. and Ms aiyar got several awards despite jews being shown in poor light in the movie.. They show a jew person skull-capped pointing out some muslim character in the bus to rioters... Don't know which part of story-line mandated this scene. Anyway, to me she comes of as an average actor lionized due to her mother's big name.
muslims wear skull caps too... maybe he was a self-hating muslim! :hic: :hic: :hic: