Konkona Sen fan club

Don

Re: Konkona Sen fan club

i have only seen three of her movies - mr and mrs. iyer, 15 park ave, omkaara. she did well in the first two, didn't have much of a role in the 3rd.
15 park ave ? imho, that's the best of her. people in india mostly dont understand what schizophrenia or psychosis are... and if and when at all such characters are portrayed, they are caricaturized without fail... like homos, lesbos and trannys... and other socially marginalized people... she actually did a commendable performance portraying that... She will need to do a lot more tho to debunk the theory that fair skinned and conventionally petite [read] bimbettes have a better chance in mumbai!

15 park ave ? imho, that's the best of her.
I agree as far as acting goes, but as far as fitting into the role portrayed, as lurker mentioned, she was totally Mrs. Iyer (unless her dialogues were dubbed).

I think she is a fabulous actress. But I think Chitrangada Singh was better and certainly much better looking. Pity she's given up acting(or forced to).
Chitrangada Singh is very beautiful.....and a good actor...pity. I have only seen konkana in Mr and Mrs Iyer....loved her acting...liked how a bong kept the tamil accent going through out the film...it's so rare . I like kangana.....she is cute.

Guest dada_rocks

liked how a bong kept the tamil accent going through out the film
Every film has one or more character like this these days.. a marathi with bihari accent a bihari with gujju accent it's so common

Every film has one or more character like this these days.. a marathi with bihari accent a bihari with gujju accent it's so common
And that proves what? Nothing. Shakti Kapur/Kadar Khan has been doing South Indian accent since time immemorial. Do you recall "Aaaoooo Lalita" and all of that cr@p from Jeetendra/Sri Devi era?? So when was the last time you saw anyone mention Shakti Kapur/Kadar Khan as great actors? Instead of complaining about how Konkona's accent in Mr&Mrs Iyer was nothing great why do you not go ahead and give us the name of a few characters played in other movies by actors so we know why you rate XYZ and not Konkana? Fair? xxxx

liked how a bong kept the tamil accent going through out the film
I don't mean typical stereotypical accent which more often ridicules that particular accent but she showed that she had worked on the accent(if that indeed was her voice)and it was very close to the accent we would hear a tamilian speaking (generally speaking ...i have met tamilians who speak hindi without and accent...i even know a sardar ji who speaks tamil with a tamil accent :hic: ).

Re: Konkona Sen fan club Konkona Sen is a brilliant actress. Though i must agree with the posters here who lament the absensce of a superstar actress in Bollywood who's superstar status is truely deserved based on talent. So far, i can only think of Madhuri Dixit and Kajol as the two who are both superstars and deservedly so for their talent. And i think Konkona is a better actress than both. There have been several superb actresses from India who could've been our Julia Roberts but didn't happen : Konkona, Nandita Das, Chitrangada Singh, Karuna Banerjee, Deepti Naval, etc. were/are all brilliant actresses, yards ahead of the conventional 'pop actresses'.

Guest dada_rocks

And that proves what? Nothing. Shakti Kapur/Kadar Khan has been doing South Indian accent since time immemorial. Do you recall "Aaaoooo Lalita" and all of that cr@p from Jeetendra/Sri Devi era?? So when was the last time you saw anyone mention Shakti Kapur/Kadar Khan as great actors? Instead of complaining about how Konkona's accent in Mr&Mrs Iyer was nothing great why do you not go ahead and give us the name of a few characters played in other movies by actors so we know why you rate XYZ and not Konkana? Fair? xxxx
I am not complainng. Smart guy u have juxataposed the instance of comic actors working with the brief of making fun of some accent with a case where serious effort has been put to reporduce some accent. If u seriously want to do the comparison do it with for instance Shool's Bachchu Yadav character's Bihari accent. There are many like this. U guys making it sound some kind of first as per me is doing an over-kill with laurels.

I am not complainng. Smart guy u have juxataposed the instance of comic actors working with the brief of making fun of some accent with a case where serious effort has been put to reporduce some accent. If u seriously want to do the comparison do it with for instance Shool's Bachchu Yadav character's Bihari accent. There are many like this. U guys making it sound some kind of first as per me is doing an over-kill with laurels.
DR, Seems like you liked Shayaji Shinde's performance in Shool. I liked it too, actually loved it. Top props for the man there, so whats the problem? If you want Shinde to be complimented go ahead and open a thread, post your thoughts about his movies and let people join in. Why try to poop on someone else's parade?? You are grossly mistaken if you think carrying a character with great diction/vocabulary is easy. Manoj Bajpayee in perhaps his best role till date, Bhiku Mhatre in Satya, completely failed to carry Marathi lingo. That part was greatly carried by Shefali Chaya, his wife. You watch the movie SATYA and you will immediately see how Manoj Bajpayee slips into Bhiku Mhatre's scene but often his dialogues reminds more of Bihar than Bombay. xxx

Why try to poop on someone else's parade??
do aur do chaar hota hain, jaanab. Aap jis auraat ki prasansa kar rahe hain woh bangali hain. Aur aapko pata hona chaihiye ki D_R ke khayaalat kya hain bangaaliyon ke tarf. Hum subh bangali mardo ko namard ar buzhdil kahe chuke hain ye admi. To fir hamaare auraton ko kya samman milega iss nikamme se ? :hmph:

Guest dada_rocks

DR, Seems like you liked Shayaji Shinde's performance in Shool. I liked it too, actually loved it. Top props for the man there, so whats the problem? If you want Shinde to be complimented go ahead and open a thread, post your thoughts about his movies and let people join in. Why try to poop on someone else's parade??
One question I expressed my views you expressed mine. They don't match do I have to toe ur line. I thought public forum meant exactly that. Why are u so prickly I don't get it. Those metaphor of pooping I can go on using more or less each and every of my thread viz a viz ur response. If everyone starts singing the same tune it will be bhajan form not discussion forum. :lmao: :lmao:

Guest dada_rocks

Why try to poop on someone else's parade??
do aur do chaar hota hain, jaanab. Aap jis auraat ki prasansa kar rahe hain woh bangali hain. Aur aapko pata hona chaihiye ki D_R ke khayaalat kya hain bangaaliyon ke tarf. Hum subh bangali mardo ko namard ar buzhdil kahe chuke hain ye admi. To fir hamaare auraton ko kya samman milega iss nikamme se ? :hmph:
I see u are still sore but anyone who sees my moniker wud laugh at u. Yes bengalis over the years have put the weapons down on first sight of muslim invaders so them being sissy is not off the mark factually. I have no beef against women they seem to be one of the finest lot around. Hamare aurton :lmao: kahe ka hamre sale canadian ho tum koi hamare tumahre nahin hai..

One question I expressed my views you expressed mine. They don't match do I have to toe ur line. I thought public forum meant exactly that. Why are u so prickly I don't get it. Those metaphor of pooping I can go on using more or less each and every of my thread viz a viz ur response. If everyone starts singing the same tune it will be bhajan form not discussion forum. :lmao: :lmao:
You remind me of a person I knew DR. This chap would never ever do anything on his own. But he would be the first to criticize. As an example he would never have the imagination, or perhaps the knowledge, to come up with say "Top 10 movies of Hindi cinema" but the moment someone would come out with a list he would be seen jumping in quick with a "Okay so why is Kagaz Ke Phool not here? And what happened to Masoom?". Again this doesnt mean that you should not be critical but do remember the thought (of Tagore perhaps), "Its so much easier to complain about darkness than lighting a candle"...you obviously wouldnt understand it....ah well. xxxx

Yes bengalis over the years have put the weapons down on first sight of muslim invaders so them being sissy is not off the mark factually.
What rubbish. I think you are confusing Bihar with Bengal. *BIHAR* put down its weapons without a fight when Khilji marched around east India. It was Laxman Sen who fought the Khaljis- not once but TWICE in the same week, right at the doorstep of his capital, Gaur. Khilji met no resistance between Mirzapur (eastern UP) to Nadia ( west bengal). So if you really want to get racist and call an entire race of people as cowards and cissys, look no further than biharis from the era you love to focus on. The Rajputs, Punjab,Gujrat,the bengalis, the south, etc. all of them fought...but where was Magadh throughout this invasion period ? name one king/ruler of bihar who opposed the muslim invaders. Since the fall of Guptas, the only bihari worth his salt as a general was one Sher Shah Suri..but since he is muslim, i am sure you wont be singing his praises. Oh and FYI, the last time some Indian (before muslim invasions) controlled Kabul Valley to Arunachal and Cauvery to Himalaya, it was one Devpal from Pal dynasty- a Bengali !!! you are a f-ing a-hole for referring to bengali people like that.