Hybrid Cars ?

varun

Hi Guys, I'm planning to buy a Hybrid this time (yeah going green n all lol). So any recommendations ? Or if any of you have it, what kinda problems do u get with it, are the repairs more expensive ? Thanks.

Re: Hybrid Cars ?

Consumer Reports cautions that buyers of popular hybrid vehicles may soon be ineligible to claim the Alternative Motor Vehicle tax credit. The credit sunsets when a manufacturer sells more than 60,000 qualifying vehicles, a figure Toyota has already reached. The credit has already begun to phase out for Toyota and Lexus hybrids purchased after September 30, 2006, and others will follow suit as they reach the sales volume target. The 2006 Prius' tax break, for instance, dropped in half to $1,575 if it was purchased after that date, and it will split again to $788 between April and the end of September, 2007. After that, the Prius rebate disappears altogether. The IRS provides a list of models certified for credit. Available only to those not subject to the alternative minimum tax, the credit can be worth up to $3,150 for vehicles purchased after 2005.
Check here to see the current Hybrid rebates offered by the IRS [code:c246d66f63]http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=157632,00.html[/code:1:c246d66f63] Also, if you are buying the hybrid only for the economical views you might want to read this article [code:1:c246d66f63]http://www.omninerd.com/2005/11/11/articles/41[/code:1:c246d66f63]

Merc? nice
Yea, CLK320. 2001 model, costs as much as a new Camry.
I dont believe you Yoda :hic: :hic: :hic: If thats really your car..prove it by smashing headlights and than post the pic here..
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Hybrid Cars ? BTW varun, I have friends who own the Prius and they haven't had any problems as far as I know. Looks like there are also some hybrid SUVs in the market like the Lexus RX series and Toyota Highlander.

Re: Hybrid Cars ? My Aunt drives a Pirus 2006 and she has clocked about 15K miles on it, almost all of which have been in city driving since she is too scared to get on the expressway... to all the skeptics who complain that hybrid cars might have more problems, i have two words for them: Frack and You. Most cars sustain their most rigorous treatment and subsequently damage when they are either: a). Being accelerated from start; b). Decelerating from a higher speed. I.e. driving two miles on a city street, stopping at three traffic lights causes more wear and tear on the vehicle as compared to zipping 10 miles at 60 mph on the expressway. Now in a hybrid, the electric engine supplies the extra impetus needed to accelerate the vehicle and then at times of deceleration, the engines' torque is redirected to the charger to recharge the electric motor's batteries, instead of expending all the momentum on the brakes. Thus the car maintains a uniform RPM (rotations per minute) of the internal combustion engine and thus prologing its longevity. I say if you can get your hands on a hybrid, buy one. My aunt has one, my s.o. is about to get one and i myself am waiting for my turn... its by far much more reliable than the merc displayed above and its much better for the environment. p.s. pm me if you have any questions, i would recommend the civic hybrid or the pirrus; or if you prefer a suv, there is a saturn hybrid; you ought to stay away from the ford escape hybrid, that vehicle is yet to be tested by time.

how abt camry hybrid' date=' looks gorgeous too[/quote']\ you know, its a toyota so it already has my stamp of approval... but then again like the accord hybrid, these hybrids are what i call a namesake hybrid. the whole idea of a hybrid is savings by means of a more efficient, relatively smaller engine. something that is missing from both accord and camry. so i guess its a hybrid, but the savings in terms of fuel prices are not that significant as compared to an economy vehicle like a corolla or civic.