Subramaniam Badrinath

thevortex

Sometime back I had expressed an opinion that Badrinath is a well organized batsman of the type that we may need to look at having in both the Test as well as ODI squads possibly. At the time I remember a lot of people believed that he did not have it in him. I thought he played the conditions and bowlers very well; much better than more celebrated names today against the unfancied Central Districts. Just wondered what people made of his abilities? Does he look good to be considered for the Test and/or ODI squads? Oh and I should make it clear - this is not about this one half century in a T20 game. It is just about his game and whatever you can make of his ability to play in testing conditions for batsmen.

i was always rooting for the guy because he seemed to have a good technique and for me that has always been paramount. but i must say he looked a bit shakey at times against steyn and co during the test series against SA. Jury's still out i'd say but you have to ask yourself - if he was so uncomfortable against the south african pacers in india, what would they do to him in south africa?

Badri or Che should be back up in the squad. .
badrinath is a joke of a batsman at international level. he has no clue how to play pace bowling. to even think about him as someone that can potentially replace one of india's top batsmen is ridiculous. i would take pujara, rahane, or virat kohli ahead of him any day. even wasim jaffer would be better than him. i didnt know che guevara played for india
Its time to kick Yuvi out of the test squad. Way too much time wasted on him. Question is who will replace him - for now it will be Raina. Badri or Che should be back up in the squad. Badr failed against Steyn, so selectors will keep that in mind.
If one half century in one innings and a cheap dismissal in the other innings counts as failure then well, yes, he did fail :).
I was never a fan' date=' didn't think he'd make but was extremely impressive today. He played well last ipl as well. Only downside is he looked clueless vs Steyn.[/quote'] I thought Dhoni put it better yesterday. He has a better technique and that helps him when compared to others in the Chennai squad. I know people fancy Murali Vijay because of his stroke making abilities. But then the point is not about strokes. It is about a different kind of batsman. And someone who is still not irrelevant in T20s.
If a guy like Mohmd Kaif who can't even hold a bat' date=' play for India, surely Badri couldn't have done worse if given enough chances. Then again we are talking past, he is past, he is done with, time to look beyond.[/quote'] He could've done with more chances. Infact, give him chances even now. He's going to prove all his detractors wrong.