Subramaniam Badrinath

thevortex

Kohli and Raina failures are not bigger issues They have played several innings where they looked the part. Badri hasn't played even one such innings in his career. Even Nohit has played some innings that are noteworthy. Heck Parthiv patel who i thought a complete misfit for ODI has outdone Badri comfortably. There are some guys who just have poor shot selection but otherwise a good bat. Badri tries not to get out yet he keeps getting out. I used to cringe that Karthik kept getting preferred over Badri. Honestly KKD is way better international batsman than Badri. That is not saying much.

^so Indian selectors don't know know if a person is a good ODI player or a good test player. Badri can be a good Test player if given more chances proven from his Ranji record. They keep giving him more chances in ODIs and keep proving how bad a player he is. Test cricket and ODI are different ball games which the selectors don't seem to get it.

^so Indian selectors don't know know if a person is a good ODI player or a good test player. Badri can be a good Test player if given more chances proven from his Ranji record. They keep giving him more chances in ODIs and keep proving how bad a player he is. Test cricket and ODI are different ball games which the selectors don't seem to get it.
I see where you are coming from. Dravid was a failure in ODI at the start of his career. But Badri is not evaluated based on his ODI skills. Problem is not just about the number of runs . The level of comfort when he played some of the deliveries suggested he can be so much out of depth against decent pace bowlers. I am glad to be proved wrong. But on evidence he is very average outside his comfort zone. In his comfort zone he is a run machine though.

What a chance he has wasted. Terribly disappointed with his batting so far. Started the tour so well, winning the t20 for us and should have carried that confidence to the ODI series. Instead what we saw was a batsman unsure of himself and struggling with self doubts. Looked completely out of touch and his struggle aginst the short pitch bowling wasn't pleasing to watch. He has one last chance, if he gets picked for the 5th ODI, to resurrect his reputation else he could have played his last international game.

I doubt it. From what Ive read he struggled agst the short ball- this in ltd overs cricket against an attack and pitch that by Intl stds was not exactly venomous. Im not sure what a short pitch barrage in a test match would do to him. Anyway his List A and IPL record are good so he has been good at ltd overs level. Shame really but he does not look the part. Same holds true for Dhawan. Really the batting has revolved around Rohit with Virat/Raina and to a lesser extent Parthiv chipping in- all the most experience guys. The reason why weve won here is that the attack is effectively full strength. And WI minus their top men are worse than us without ours
Kohli and Raina failures are not bigger issues They have played several innings where they looked the part. Badri hasn't played even one such innings in his career. Even Nohit has played some innings that are noteworthy. Heck Parthiv patel who i thought a complete misfit for ODI has outdone Badri comfortably. There are some guys who just have poor shot selection but otherwise a good bat. Badri tries not to get out yet he keeps getting out. I used to cringe that Karthik kept getting preferred over Badri. Honestly KKD is way better international batsman than Badri. That is not saying much.
Dinesh Kartik is a very good batsman, the guy opened and did so well in test matches in SA and England. I still think he was harshly treated in terms of how he was shuffled around the order, his versatility was his undoing. Also I guess his keeping may not have been up to it

he has put lots of pressure on himself , whenever he comes on to crease its just like he thinks of a big inning , looks to sort it out , technically he is a class , just need to work on temperament , one senior batsman on this tour would have helped him. I still believe in him ..

Some players just aren't good enough for the top level no matter how much they score in FC cricket/domestic T20 etc. This was a perfect setting to force his way into the main side - weak opposition, slow pitches, batting at no.4 and a run of games. Still couldn't perform.

Some players just aren't good enough for the top level no matter how much they score in FC cricket/domestic T20 etc. This was a perfect setting to force his way into the main side - weak opposition' date=' slow pitches, batting at no.4 and a run of games. Still couldn't perform.[/quote'] I Agree.. He is wasting his chances

Badrinath is a test batsman? WTF! Just because someone plays slow does not make him a test batsman. Comparisons with Dravid are ridiculous - Dravid's problem was unable to find gaps in ODIs. Badrinath struggles to get the ball off the square off decent quality bowling - keeps edging to thirdman, has poor footwork, and can't hit strokes without taking risks like backing away and hitting through extra cover. This isn't anything new - he was the same against Lee, Johnson, Ishant, and Steyn. He is simply incapable of playing bowling above 140 km/h in any format.