Wine Shop Business

Bublu Bhuyan

I keep hearing this all the time on how magnificently profitable the wine shop business in India is. And that the biggest problem is getting a license for it. Can someone confirm this for me. I mean I keep hearing the same damn thing from every tom, dick and harry, and I'm starting to wonder whether it's just a myth or does it hold some reality. P.S. This thread is just for information purpose, to get a concept of something that's confusing me.

Do you specifically mean WINE shop or just about any alcohol shop? AFAIK, in bigger cities, the license for one alcohol shop could cost upwards of 1 crore, so you can imagine the kind of profits people make in such business. There are ofcourse regulations which need to be tackled in order to get the license, like say atleast x metres from the nearest school, y from nearest temple and shyte like that. IN my opinion, the best location to put up a daaru ka adda is right at the border of two states, on the side where excise duty etc is lower. But most of those spots are already taken :doh:

on a totally un - related topic... what happened to that girl you were chasing... the one about whom u opened a thread here in ICF :hmmm: or am i confusing you with someone else?
I haven't revealed much about myself here. I have been a depression patient in the past. Recently I have had to stop my anti-depressant medications due to some reason, and I've been miserable since. I hope I'll be fine after I resume it. But with these problems in life, I don't have the ability to maintain a relationship. I know it'll be a complete disaster even if I do manage to start a relationship. I don't know what's in store. I wish I could forget her, but my heart says "NO".
and yea!!! alcohol business is booming' date='[/quote'] Well I've heard the same thing over and over again.

Do you specifically mean WINE shop or just about any alcohol shop?
Liquor shop.
AFAIK, in bigger cities, the license for one alcohol shop could cost upwards of 1 crore, so you can imagine the kind of profits people make in such business. There are ofcourse regulations which need to be tackled in order to get the license, like say atleast x metres from the nearest school, y from nearest temple and shyte like that. IN my opinion, the best location to put up a daaru ka adda is right at the border of two states, on the side where excise duty etc is lower. But most of those spots are already taken :doh:
Maharashtra is one place where the Government has stopped issuing new license since 2003. So the only way people can open a liquor shop there is buy purchasing a license from existing license holders. Such licenses are sold for above Rs. 1 crore there. How in the world do they earn any profit if they have to fork out over Rs. 1 crore on a license alone, that's really baffling. But I think apart from Maharashtra, license in other states don't cost a lot. Of course one will have to fort out bribes to make the process a success, but the legal license fee won't be that much.

Liquor shop. Maharashtra is one place where the Government has stopped issuing new license since 2003. So the only way people can open a liquor shop there is buy purchasing a license from someone who already has it. Such licenses are sold for above Rs. 1 crore there. How in the world do they earn any profit if they have to fork out over Rs. 1 crore on a license alone, that's really baffling. But I think apart from Maharashtra, license in other states don't cost a lot. Of course one will have to fort out bribes to make the process a success, but the legal license fee won't be that much.
I am pretty sure last time I read a news article about this , they were talking about 1.5 crore per license in Chandigarh.

sorry for bringing it up. and if medications help and they donot have side efects and are affordable then by all means please do continue with them. Its better than being miserable all the time.
I'll probably be going for a minor mole removal surgery tomorrow. And the medicine I was taking doesn't allow wounds to heal that well. That's why I have had to stop it. The medicine I was taking has one of the worst withdrawal symptoms. I have suffered like anything since I have been off it. It's called "Paroxetine". You can Google it for yourself and find out how severe it's withdrawal symptoms are.

I'll probably be going for a minor mole removal surgery tomorrow. And the medicine I was taking doesn't allow wounds to heal that well. That's why I have had to stop it. The medicine I was taking has one of the worst withdrawal symptoms. I have suffered like anything since I have been off it. It's called "Paroxetine". You can Google it for yourself and find out how severe it's withdrawal symptoms are.
try to find another medicin dude :nervous: medicines with withdrawal symptoms? :omg:

..back then' date=' IIRC 50 Lakhs but I am talking about Suburban Mumbai[/quote'] I really fail to understand how they manage to earn any sort of profit when they have to melt out such huge amount of money on the license alone. And why do they call it a profitable business after all when such insanely high are are the license fee alone to start with.

I really fail to understand how they manage to earn any sort of profit when they have to melt out such huge amount of money on the license alone. And why do they call it a profitable business after all when such insanely high are are the license fee alone to start with.
Is it rocket science ? :dontknow: Blue label costs Rs. 10k per bottle and so on...

You have no idea how much the punjabis like to drink' date=' do you :hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] LOL, but yaar how do they manage to cover those 1.5 khoka from business profit? They'd have to earn 3 Lakhs every month in order to cover the license fee in around 4 years time. Earning 3 Lakhs of profit every month from a wine shop is virtually an impossibility, I believe.