If Microsoft-Yahoo deal goes through

apocalypse

Re: If Microsoft-Yahoo deal goes through 50 Billion to buy to company that is struggling to compete? As lucrative as the online ad biz has been for google, not sure how much a combined MS/Yahoo can compete with them.

Re: If Microsoft-Yahoo deal goes through in less than ten years, when a company goes from 0.00 % of market share to almost 50% of the domestic market share + 70% of the international market share (the market : internet search engines), then not only yahoo but every facking search engine is struggling to compete with this new guy(google). You cant make a country go bankrupt overnight..unless ofcourse you pay off their accountants :hic:

Re: If Microsoft-Yahoo deal goes through correct! CC when a Noun Becomes an Verb as in the case of "Google it" synonymous to "internet searching", I would say other companies should look at them selves and have a reality check. Within 10 years Google has done it, and numbers are there to prove it.

Re: If Microsoft-Yahoo deal goes through

in search engine obviously yahoo is struggling But it is not all about Search engine. Yahoo answers let to closure of the Google Answers project.
money is in the ads. google made 1 billion in profits last quarter!

Re: If Microsoft-Yahoo deal goes through This rumous has been doing the rounds for a while now. For the first time tho i am seeing an article on it. Last time Microsoft made a bid, yahoo was worth $40B in stock. Yahoo asked for a $80B takeover. Microsoft then thought (rightly so), it was too pricy. This move will likely not yield the right results. Neither Microsoft nor yahoo are nimble enuff to compete with Google. Microsoft is better off looking specifically for a cheaper search engine company (yahoo is much more than search). Atleast even if it doesnt come off they wont lose too much money

Microsoft is better off looking specifically for a cheaper search engine company
microsoft has its own search engine which is number 3 in the world.... it is not about the technology as much as it is about acquiring the subscribers.....

I dont see MS or Yahoo coming up in the internet search market.. unless Google really screws up and shoots themselves in the foot.
baba..never underestimate Gates bhaiyya...I have my money on google and i think google is gonna do it too but if there is anyone who can upset the google-train today, its Gates bhaiyya. And if there is anyone today that can nuke Microsoft, its Google. Fasten your seatbelts boys..the war has just begun. The equations are simple- its about survival : If google meets its all its goals and aspirations, Microsoft is gonna be history. If Microsoft is to survive 50 years from now ( ie, become a TRUE corporation like Walmart/Ikea/GE/Honda etc), google must fail. Thats the inevtiability of it because none of these guys will back down and accept becomming 10 times smaller than they are today/stop growth today. The irony of it all is, IBM : Microsoft (circa 80s) is in many ways equal to Microsoft : Google.

Microsoft is better off looking specifically for a cheaper search engine company
microsoft has its own search engine which is number 3 in the world.... it is not about the technology as much as it is about acquiring the subscribers.....
Yahoo's top line growth (from its search subs) is pi$$ poor. Besides theres no loyalty in search engines, people switch to whatever works best. Its all about the best technology & time to market. Currently the relevance in all non google searches that i have used is poor. Thats why i dont use yahoo or MSN. Google OTOH always gives me what i want. If ask.com gives me the same quality links i wont mind using that site. If u think technology doesnt matter as much, think again. Yahoo was the de facto search engine (and there were 100 others) before google was even born. But because of the superior technology google gobbled up the market in one gulp. Besides the technology google also knew how to market itself better. Adsense, for example, has been a revolution. The group (of 5 + a project manager) that came up with this were awarded a bonus of $21 Million. Yahoo & Microsoft have been playing catchup, mostly reacting to Google's strategies. They really need a superior technology to take some of the market share back from Google. It may be already too late, but better late than never

I dont see MS or Yahoo coming up in the internet search market.. unless Google really screws up and shoots themselves in the foot.
baba..never underestimate Gates bhaiyya...I have my money on google and i think google is gonna do it too but if there is anyone who can upset the google-train today, its Gates bhaiyya. And if there is anyone today that can nuke Microsoft, its Google. Fasten your seatbelts boys..the war has just begun. The equations are simple- its about survival : If google meets its all its goals and aspirations, Microsoft is gonna be history. If Microsoft is to survive 50 years from now ( ie, become a TRUE corporation like Walmart/Ikea/GE/Honda etc), google must fail. Thats the inevtiability of it because none of these guys will back down and accept becomming 10 times smaller than they are today/stop growth today. The irony of it all is, IBM : Microsoft (circa 80s) is in many ways equal to Microsoft : Google.
Not sure how Google will obliterate Microsoft. Neither can destroy the other, as they have both become brand names in their respective industry. If/When Google attains its $100B revenue goal, Microsoft will still be the dominant OS vendor. The only thing i see that can kill Google at this point is a recession. Close to 95% of Google's revenue comes from one source (adwords, adsense based advertising). Unlike Google, Microsoft & Yahoo are diversified & are far less susceptible to a recessive economy. With all things being equal, Microsoft will continue to rule the OS market, for years to come and Google the search market, while the lesser ones like yahoo will either vamoose or merge with a giant.

Re: If Microsoft-Yahoo deal goes through Ahh but google's ultimate goal is to make web-based software. Ie, the engine is in the web- you just log on, do your work, save in your acct. and log out- no worries about installing it in different computers and carrying files or stuff- just log in any computer, start up FF or IE and go get your excel or word project done. That happens, MS Office dies. MS Office dies means compatability with major businesses & apps. is no longer gonna earn M$ brownie pts. preference over softwares like UNIX or UBUNTU..means M$ starts dying.

Re: If Microsoft-Yahoo deal goes through Google already tried & failed with the $100 cheap computer idea. As long as google piggy backs on a PC running an OS running a browser Microsoft wont go away. And u cant do many things u wanna do on your PC by logging into google. Effectively google will end up building an OS on the net if it has to match today's OS capabilities. It doesnt look possible, but even if it is, it aint a paradigm shift to be a major hit among consumers. Its old wine in a new bottle.

I was talking about the "Internet search market" and only that market :wtg: as of now, their algorithms are way better than anything what yahoo/ms has come up with, and users are not gonna shift back to ms/yahoo from google, unless google manages to screw up real bad...