Any Engima fans here?

Lurker

One of my favorite groups ever. Haunting fast paced music with often wordings that can send you to a pagalkhaana! But boy are they good!! Here is a popular song of theirs, if you have not heard Enigma I would strongly recommend check this out. Great video with nice music and contains two of the nicest lines that I have ever heard... If you believe in light, it's because of obscurity If you believe in joy, it's because of sadness And if you believe in God, it's because of the devil Take me back to the rivers of belief http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lezJEXBr46c&mode=related&search=

Re: Any Engima fans here? Aaahaaa , Huge music buff and enigma fan too. Love the enthralling music composed by Michaeal Cretu . Ably backed by his wife who provides that beautiful and sassy female vocals.One of the few synthesized musics I like. Michael is both the composer and the producer. The latin blend he interjects in his music is simply stupendous. And the magic flute , makes your mind wander into blissful of world of peace and harmony. I love the way they name their albums. MCMXC , The cross of changes are two of my favorite albums. Some of my favorite songs are "Sadeness", "Mea Culpa", "Principles of Lust","End of Innocence" .

Re: Any Engima fans here? Oh Wow! Nice to see Enigma fans here.. :stickman: Holy thanks for the videos man. Its been a while since I had seen them, specially Return to Innocence. Seems like I will go Youtube hunting for Enigma tonight! BB, I must say I am surprised that you liked Engima. Dont quite know why but great to learn that you loved them, and yes I have heard Priciple of Lust almost 5000 songs myself. Rajeev, yes indeed Sadness was the bass tester. Robert Miles..now thats one artist I used to hear so much back then...havent heard him in eons..time to search for those CD. KR, yes Michael Cretu is an absolute genius. I kinda grew fond of Engima in 90's and have always had their CD. It is only recently that I have seen their videos and somehow it has only added to the charm. Quite different to many of the other artists I used to follow. Here is another of Engima songs that I love. One of the slower haunting ones this one...was kind of my sedative for a while..I dont do drugs or smoke and stuff but this is one song that I have always wished to listening to while I was high... 'm asking why Nobody gives an answer I'm just asking why Just tell me why Why it has to be like this That the good ones disappear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gqM_dCwB6c&mode=related&search=

Re: Any Engima fans here?

Rajeev, yes indeed Sadness was the bass tester. Robert Miles..now thats one artist I used to hear so much back then...havent heard him in eons..time to search for those CD.
I picked up this CD called Dreamland at Zurich Railway Station back in 1996, Children was just one of the songs and the whole CD was your trip to niravana When I played it in my hostel, almost everyone asked me about that one song from Robert, it started playing all over the radio after a few days. Now, they have some classy radio channels there..I was completely hooked on his music

Oh Wow! Nice to see Enigma fans here.. :stickman: Holy thanks for the videos man. Its been a while since I had seen them, specially Return to Innocence. Seems like I will go Youtube hunting for Enigma tonight! BB, I must say I am surprised that you liked Engima. Dont quite know why but great to learn that you loved them, and yes I have heard Priciple of Lust almost 5000 songs myself. Rajeev, yes indeed Sadness was the bass tester. Robert Miles..now thats one artist I used to hear so much back then...havent heard him in eons..time to search for those CD. KR, yes Michael Cretu is an absolute genius. I kinda grew fond of Engima in 90's and have always had their CD. It is only recently that I have seen their videos and somehow it has only added to the charm. Quite different to many of the other artists I used to follow. Here is another of Engima songs that I love. One of the slower haunting ones this one...was kind of my sedative for a while..I dont do drugs or smoke and stuff but this is one song that I have always wished to listening to while I was high... 'm asking why Nobody gives an answer I'm just asking why Just tell me why Why it has to be like this That the good ones disappear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gqM_dCwB6c&mode=related&search=
Great song Lurker. Actually , I forgot to mention this album from my list. The three albums I really loved were the initial three albums he released. This song was taken from his third album "Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!". Like you , I don't do drugs. But hey , who needs them if all you have to do is plug in "Engima" or "Pink Floyd". BTW, I am a huge music buff and would love to see more threads like this. :wtg: Also , check out "Beyond the Invisible" in this album. Haunting music which will make you stoned immaculately like jim morrison would say.
Also, try this song from "The cross of changes " .Great song which has the trademark enigma flute. http://youtube.com/watch?v=xLeb53VqLEk

Rajeev, yes indeed Sadness was the bass tester. Robert Miles..now thats one artist I used to hear so much back then...havent heard him in eons..time to search for those CD.
I picked up this CD called Dreamland at Zurich Railway Station back in 1996, Children was just one of the songs and the whole CD was your trip to niravana When I played it in my hostel, almost everyone asked me about that one song from Robert, it started playing all over the radio after a few days. Now, they have some classy radio channels there..I was completely hooked on his music
Children is one of my favorite song. Also try this song , "Tell me a fable" , great song, music is by Robert Miles.

Re: Any Engima fans here? Enigma..the Album MCMX or something...i used to have it ...loved it. Now i am gonna go and pick up a CD. Thanks for reminding me of some really cool music i used to hear that i forgot about, Lurks! You made my day.

Re: Any Engima fans here? Me too an Enigma fan. Sliver is the best for me (Rajeev mentioned already), here it is. Sharon Stone was absolutely stunning in Sliver. It was a good movie, I quite liked it. Alec Baldwin did a good job in it too. :

Re: Any Engima fans here? KR thanks for the videos man. :wtg: :wtg: I must say that Cross of Changes is one of those rare songs that I have loved wee bit more ever since I saw its video. The song and music are great as always but this video is fantastic, specially love the part towards the end where the kid is on elephant walking through the streets with flowers thrown on him. Top stuff! Rajeev, has it really been a decade since Robert Miles?? After our discussion I listened to some of its songs, specially Fable & Children, and boy do they seem timeless or what? THX mate good to see you back. By the by I am not personally a big fan of Beatles. Somehow I never liked them too much :doh: CC, pleasure is mine mate. Please feel free to remind some other past greats. Any Enya fans here too? :chin: xxxx

Re: Any Engima fans here? Enya i am fond of too- though some Enya songs i don't like because it sounds too 'churchy' for my tastes. My music tastes these days are mostly to do with Rabindrasangeet, ghazals of Jagjit Singh & Chitra Singh, some golden oldie bollywood songs ( classy ones- like from Baiju Bawra or Guide type), classical western ( well, mostly Tchaikovsky & Mozart), ravi shankar, alla rakha khan, bade gulhaam ali, etc. Of the more mainstream stuff, i like Buddha Bar series , works by Phillip Glass ( his indian classical-western classical with Ravi Shankar is brilliant IMO), the Cranberries, metallica & Radiohead. Lately i've been making brief forays into Jazz.