Commonwealth Games may be called off : NZ official

seedhi

Anyhow' date=' this is not taking a potshot at India.. just trying to see it from a different angle. [b']Things are improving I suppose or atleast one hopes that they are. But it is also not that easy given the size and diverse nature of a country that is India.
No they are not improving. The situation is actually progressively worsening.

Do you vote? Do you say no to basic corruption? And yet you come here and cry about how the common man should not be blamed. You are educated and know better than your uneducated brethren and yet you have contributed to this malaise. Then who should be blamed for this woeful state if not you? (I don't mean "you" literally).
This is nonsense. As I said India has held successful events before - 2 Asian Games, 2 World Cups, IPL, SAARC Games, Commonwealth Youth Games, etc. So we do have the capability to pull this off. This is a failure of leadership and has hardly anything to do with the common man on the street. If we start blaming everyone under the sky then we are essentially absolving those who are actually responsible for this international humiliation. One needs to be focused in the criticism to ensure that proper accountability is done.

This is nonsense. As I said India has held successful events before - 2 Asian Games' date=' 2 World Cups, IPL, SAARC Games, Commonwealth Youth Games, etc. So we do have the capability to pull this off. [/quote'] Firstly all of those were not organised by GOI. Secondly I doubt whether any of those events hosted 7000 ppl. I am actually questioning the capability saying that you are too corrupt to pull it off. I am not talking about your technical capability.
This is a failure of leadership and has hardly anything to do with the common man on the street. If we start blaming everyone under the sky then we are essentially absolving those who are actually responsible for this international humiliation. One needs to be focused in the criticism to ensure that proper accountability is done.
I am not blaming everyone under the sky, I am simply asking you why do you have this form of governance which has led to this mess? If that is not the fault of the common man then whose is it?

i'm sorry if i causd offence to any of you guys, i didn't mean to. i am just really annoyed by this whole situation and i really hate the fact that this is the image india is the presenting to the world. this is just humiliating for our country and a real kick in the teeth for indians everywhere
I am not really offended but I would be careful about choice of certain words because it might be too strong. And that really has nothing to do with nationalism but just basic deceny when talking about an entire nationality.

corrupt politicians are put in their positions of authority by the common man on the back of a few nice promises and hyperbole. they are put in their positions by a media that is opportunistic and unwilling to call a spade a spade until it's convenient to do so. the media is noticing all this NOW. its funny how nobody said a word when construction began a full 5 years after india won the right to host the games. where were all the investigative reports by NDTV back in 2008 when the games village is just a big load of rubble. where the concerns about monsoon rains (which happen every single year) flooding the area next to the village. why didnt anyone bother to look at where the money from the funding was going. so believe it or not, the blame just doesn't extend to the corrupt haramkhors. an indifferent public doesn't help things, which is funny, because their taxes paid for all this. its funny how indians tend to ignore all the flaws in their country al the time, but only take notice when the foreigners do.
There were corrupt politicians in 1982 as well when we successfully hosted the Asian Games. But there were leaders also who made the delivery of the games their highest priority. Lalit Modi is also corrupt but he did deliver the IPL due to his management skills. The problem is that the CWG were handed over to known failures and non-leaders like Kalmadi, Dixit, Gill etc to execute. It is they, along with their contractors and bureaucrats who need to be held accountable.

Per dada as an educated person if you do this how will this cycle ever end. In order for the cycle to break it has to end somewhere. Atleast the young and educated people have to start saying no.
Well, the way I try to do my bit is that instead of bribing someone on the first go : 1. I try to talk to the supervisors. 2. I try to find someone who has influence in that department to get the work done, instead of paying a bribe in cash. It works a lot of times, but at times you just have to pay up.

There were corrupt politicians in 1982 as well when we successfully hosted the Asian Games. But there were leaders also who made the delivery of the games their highest priority. Lalit Modi is also corrupt but he did deliver the IPL due to his management skills. The problem is that the CWG were handed over to known failures and non-leaders like Kalmadi, Dixit, Gill etc to execute. It is they, along with their contractors and bureaucrats who need to be held accountable.
Sorry. The economic growth of the last 20 years has made our "leaders" far more corrupt because of the magnitude of money involved. Two, the same economic prowess has also made these men the most powerful in Asia giving them an aura of invincibility. The situation is simply incomparable so stop going across eras.

NDTV reports NZ has hired their own cleaning company to clean the village complex assigned to them and impressed by their work other countries might follow suit................unimaginable after 70' date='000 crore spent[/quote']They should be compensated from the salaries of Kalmadi, Dixit, Gill etc.

how has a guy like kalmadi served FOUR terms as head of the indian olympic committee?

Holy cow, just saw those pictures!! Those are truly disgusting. It seems there was hardly any quality control. Are these towers newly built for the games? Also it wasnt such a great idea to have the Athletes village near the river either as it would be a breeding ground for mosquitoes and disease :P Its pretty obvious that there were big holes in the planning but its not like India wasnt capable of successfully running the games either. Just look at the previous cricket tournaments India holds successfully.

PM MMS will be replacing Kalmadi by Jaipal Reddy tonight. Reddy might have the total unified command. This should've been done weeks ago. Anyway' date=' never too late. Reddy has his task cut out. I hope he get's things going and makes this games a success.[/quote'] Exactly.. a little too late. They should've done these sort of inspections atleast 6 months/1 year ago.
They should be compensated from the salaries of Kalmadi' date=' Dixit, Gill etc.[/quote'] What about the guy before Gill. IIRC, Gill only took the lead two years ago.

Sorry. The economic growth of the last 20 years has made our "leaders" far more corrupt because of the magnitude of money involved. Two' date=' the same economic prowess has also made these men the most powerful in Asia giving them an aura of invincibility. The situation is simply incomparable so stop going across eras.[/quote']You simply cant tar everyone with the same brush. Look at Delhi Metro - it has projects completed before schedule and has been a very good success (barring some recent aberrations) simply because of good leadership and management skills by E. Sreedharan and his team. That man had a track record in Konkan Railways and was able to deliver. The games were handed over to people like Kalmadi, Dixit, Gill who had no track record or were proven failures. Someone like Lalit Modi would IMO have done an infinitely better job.

E V E R Y O N E in the kangress party is involved in this scam...from local to state to national.....everyone got their cut in the pie...very important to keep the chain of corruption going otherwise someone in that line might speak out Also another reason the management leadership was given to Kalmadi, Dixit n etc and every other incompetent management fools in Delhi to ensure maximum profit..... hiring any eligible/capable management would reduce chances of corruption

This is not mere "Institutional failure". This is a HUGE SCAM by Congress party to fill it's and party members coffers..All is working very well. The final act will be to blame everything on BJP and make it a Congress vs BJP political issue...That's exactly what going to happen.. Even if BJP gets blamed, I'll not get worried. I just hope nobody gets injured and people are safe during the games.

@ludhianvi The sports minsiters: 1. Late Shri Sunil Dutt 2. Shri Mani Shankar Aiyyar 3. Shri M S Gill (Current)
MS Aiyar did not take a single decision to prepare for the CWG during 2005-2009 and now spends his time pontificating about the appropriateness of the games. I cant believe that NDTV hosts him regularly and has not once asked him about his sabotage act. (Actually I can, because both are stooges of the dynasty). It was disgusting to see Barkha Dutt laugh it up with MS Aiyar on this, and not a peep from her about his dereliction. **** BOTH OF THEM!

MS Aiyar did not take a single decision to prepare for the CWG during 2005-2009 and now spends his time pontificating about the appropriateness of the games. I cant believe that NDTV hosts him regularly and has not once asked him about his sabotage act. (Actually I can, because both are stooges of the dynasty). It was disgusting to see Barkha Dutt laugh it up with MS Aiyar on this, and not a peep from her about his dereliction. **** BOTH OF THEM!
Yes, Barkha was laughing and Mani was blaming the Indian middle class. He would like to blame BJP actually for campaigning to get the CWG for Delhi.

What was Manmohan Singh doing when everything about the lack of preparation and corruption was exposed MONTHS AGO?!! Why did he have to wake up only now when India is being paraded as a cauldron of ***** and paan stains?
MMS was "forced" by opposition to take 'charge' in August after he ignored the issue for many months, if not years. He implemented the favorite Kangressi strategy of 'constituting an effing Group Of Ministers (GOM)' and made Jaipal 'Minor Issues' Reddy as the head of GOM. GOM works very well to blunt/deflect attacks on Congress when in dire straits (GOM is a sort of Brahmastra of Congress, example: The embarrassing issue of Bhopal tragedy). But when the Kalmadi circus kept on embarrassing everybody, MMS, through GOM intervened and got Cabinet Secretaries to 'take charge' of day to day operations. That's where MMS was ditched.. The games village was in charge of a cabinet Secretary!! FFS!! He screwed up.