Commonwealth Games may be called off : NZ official

seedhi

No time for analysis right now I'm afraid. Gotta clear up the mess and call in the army to create a temporary bridge (if needed).. They are used to doing that in a week. Also, Need a whole lotta well-equipped cleaners for the games village. Should be possible, but this is sad.

Beat this;

Sydney : An Australian television news crew says it was able to enter the main Commonwealth Games arena carrying a case for an explosives detonation kit without being stopped, just days before the event begins. The Channel 7 journalist, who also filmed black market explosives on sale near New Delhi, walked into the venue carrying the case, capable of triggering up to 200 explosions if fitted with a detonator, without attracting suspicion. Footage broadcast late Monday showed reporter Mike Duffy easily walking into the cordoned off area with the over-sized, wheeled suitcase when a gate was opened to allow a police convoy through. "Patrol cars drive in, I slip through," he says in a voice over. "While they're distracted by their own cars, I breeze in with an over sized suitcase. "There are dozens of police. But nobody asks me what it's for. And this is no ordinary piece of luggage. "It's a portable, purpose-built casing for a remote detonation kit. The unit is capable of setting off 200 explosions." Duffy had earlier secretly filmed the purchase of the case from the boot of a car in a restaurant car park north of New Delhi. "If I need to blow up this car, all I need further is a detonator and explosive," the vendor tells Duffy. The news crew said they were easily able to obtain both items, including ammonium nitrate and explosives used for mining, within a day's drive of New Delhi, which will begin hosting the Commonwealth Games on October 3. Security concerns about the games were heightened Sunday after two Taiwanese tourists were wounded when gunmen on motorcycles fired at a tourist bus. Organisers of the Games have promised the event will be safe, but Australia issued another warning about safety on Monday, saying there was a "high risk" of an attack in New Delhi.
Excellent security, my @rse :mad:

No time for analysis right now I'm afraid. Gotta clear up the mess and call in the army to create a temporary bridge (if needed).. They are used to doing that in a week. Also, Need a whole lotta well-equipped cleaners for the games village. Should be possible, but this is sad.
Why the hygene issue was not adressed in the first place and why the trained staff was not in place? Do you need people visiting and telling you what needs to be done? Why this complete un-professionalism and apathy, in the first place? Why not the supervisors trained and given responsibilities of each block? What are the supervisors and managers doing? Why not they be sacked immediately and replaced by a more competent staff or just call the Army (where else you will find disciplined personnel in India?)? I've been a supervisor, and later manger in my professional life. And it pains me a lot to see this type of unprofessionalism..

Why the hygene issue was not adressed in the first place and why the trained staff was not in place? Do you need people visiting and telling you what needs to be done? Why this complete un-professionalism and apathy, in the first place? Why not the supervisors trained and given responsibilities of each block? What are the supervisors and managers doing? Why not they be sacked immediately and replaced by a more competent staff or just call the Army (where else you will find disciplined personnel in India?)? I've been a supervisor, and later manger in my professional life. And it pains me a lot to see this type of unprofessionalism..
Unprofessionalism is just a very kind word. Pains me but this reminds me of a song where the composer talked about indians acting like mad dogs since independence. It is really true, when given a little more power, we get totally uncompromizable............