Commonwealth Games may be called off : NZ official

seedhi

Just throwing it out there' date=' how many of you think it the CWG would have been better organised and more successful down south?[/quote'] I was just thinking about it, earlier. Hyderabad or Chennai or even Bengaluru. Corruption is everywhere. But I feel the work ethics are strongly adhered to down South. No offense but I have found the Delhiites (combination of people from Haryana, Punjab, Rajastha, UP etc.) deadly corrupt, zero work ethics and street smart. I've been to Delhi few times and really had very bad experience every time to the extent that I have decided to never ever visit Delhi in my life.

I was just thinking about it' date=' earlier. Hyderabad or Chennai or even Bengaluru. Corruption is everywhere. But I feel the work ethics are strongly adhered to down South. No offense but I have found the Delhiites (combination of people from Haryana, Punjab, Rajastha, UP etc.) deadly corrupt, zero work ethics and street smart. I've been to Delhi few times and really had very bad experience every time to the extent that I have decided to never ever visit Delhi in my life.[/quote'] Do not agree with that, you cannot blame the general public for the work of the committee and government. Even if was some other place, it would have been the same as after all it would be the one to organize. And Delhi was actually the best in terms of logistics and space.

Do not agree with that, you cannot blame the general public for the work of the committee and government. Even if was some other place, it would have been the same as after all it would be the one to organize. And Delhi was actually the best in terms of logistics and space.
I'm not blaming the general public. But I've the experience of travelling to various parts of India and getting work done by local officials, supervisors and workers (My company used to provide turnkey plants/projects and as a site engineer, I used to visit places for installation & commission and later for upgrades and support). So I know what I'm talking about.

I'm not blaming the general public. But I've the experience of travelling to various parts of India and getting work done by local officials, supervisors and workers (My company used to provide turnkey plants/projects and as a site engineer, I used to visit places for installation & commission and later for upgrades and support). So I know what I'm talking about.
But the point is how is that relevent to the CWG as you are describing some traits of the labors in your own opinion.

But the point is how is that relevent to the CWG as you are describing some traits of the labors in your own opinion.
It's pretty relevant. There is zero work ethics and accountability. It's actually a free for all. Try to think of the 'delays' in completeing the project in NCR in general and w.r.t CWG. It was bound to happen.

MMS, u better have answers, concrete ones. If your involvement could not get this done, who could ? I'm not sure of the southern states achieving the task on time. This was Delhi, the home of all big shot MPs, netas, Gandhis and the core of the govt. If it cannot be done under their eyes, i'm not sure what they're capable of. If there were an exam which could judge our citizens on common sense, ethics, impartiality & accountability then the bottom 2% must form our successive govts. It would have been thorough if it was being handled by some private sector giant. We need to look at our current governance and administration model. Isn't China better off with its communist party running the show, in what terms is our super corrupt administration any better ? I don't want a dictatorial regime running India but unless we start being ruthless about some matters, things will stay the same.

Just throwing it out there' date=' how many of you think it the CWG would have been better organised and more successful down south?[/quote'] You kidding me? We (Southies) are equally capable of being corrupt, lazy, lacking in common sense, self pride, ..... you name it. These are all common traits which bind us as a nation. May be if the guys who built the Hyderabad Airport were given this job, they could have done it well. If any of our DMK folks had any ungli in this, results would be strikingly similar I am afraid.

Ok, so the common consensus is that whichever state government in India had been given the project the result would have been the same disaster. That's such a pity.

Leave it to the government and those slimey small time contractors and they'll **** it up royally everytime. The latest headline - 'Stray dog found sleeping on bed meant for athlete.' :hysterical:
it's a village where man is supposedly closer to nature .. this was way too close though :haha: