'Islamic radicals' chargedwith plot to kill FortDix soldiers

kumble_rocks

I am sure lot of you guys must be following this alleged terror plot by Islamic radicals in USA. Looks like Florida and New Jersey have become safe haven for these fanatics. I can already foresee New York Subway attack in the near future. The only silver lining in this case is the fact that informants who tipped the FBI were muslims. Goes to show support for these thugs is waning in the muslim community and they are more than willing to co-operate with authorities to foil these terror acts. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/08/fortdix.plot/ WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The federal government charged five alleged "Islamic radicals" with plotting to kill U.S. soldiers at Fort Dix in New Jersey. A sixth was charged with aiding and abetting the illegal possession of firearms by three of the others. "The philosophy that supports and encourages jihad around the world against Americans came to live here in New Jersey and threaten the lives of our citizens through these defendants," New Jersey U.S. Attorney Christopher J. Christie said at a news conference Tuesday. "Fortunately, law enforcement in New Jersey was here to stop them," he said. The group's intention "was to conduct an armed assault on the army base and to kill as many soldiers as possible," the U.S. Attorney's Office for New Jersey said. The six were arrested Monday night "as two of the defendants were meeting a confidential government witness to purchase three AK-47 automatic machine guns, and four semi-automatic M-16s to be used in an attack they had been planning from at least January 2006," according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney's Office. The six -- three of them brothers -- heard the charges against them Tuesday in federal court. Six complaints were filed, each naming one of the six as defendant. Disturbing video tips off FBI According to an FBI affidavit filed with the criminal complaints, the case began to take shape in January 2006, when an employee of a store told the FBI someone had brought a "disturbing" video to be duplicated. The video "depicted 10 young men who appeared to be in their early 20s shooting assault weapons at a firing range in a militia-like style while calling for jihad and shouting in Arabic 'Allah Akbar,' " (Arabic for "God is Great"), the affidavit said. The FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force began an investigation immediately, according to the affidavit filed by Special Agent John J. Ryan. Two paid informants successfully infiltrated the group, one in March 2006 and the other in July, Ryan's affidavit said. Both of them "consensually recorded" meetings and conversations, the affidavit said. One of the informants claimed to have connections with an arms dealer who could sell the alleged conspirators AK-47 automatic machine guns and other weapons, according to the affidavit. Both took part in firearms training with the group, the affidavit said. The men rented a house in the Poconos to use for training in December 2006, Christie said. "Most despicably, while they were training in the Poconos, they also watched more videos depicting more attacks on U.S. military personnel around the world," Christie said. "They watched the blowing off of the arm of a United States Marine and the room burst out into laughter," he said. Some of the defendants in the U.S. illegally The U.S. Attorney's Office said the three brothers involved, all with the last name Duka, were born in the former Yugoslavia and are illegally residing in the United States. It identified them as Eljvir, 23, Shain, 26, and Dritan, 28, and said the three operate businesses known as Qadr Inc., Colonial Roofing and National Roofing. The other three men charged are Mohamad Ibrahim Shnewer, 22, of Cherry Hill, New Jersey, a U.S. citizen born in Jordan who is employed as a taxicab driver in Philadelphia; Serdar Tatar, 23, of Philadelphia, born in Turkey, whose last known employment was at a 7-Eleven; and Agron Abdullahu, 24, of Buena Vista Township, born in the former Yugoslavia and employed at a Shop-Rite Supermarket. Abdullahu is charged only with aiding and abetting the Duka brothers' illegal possession of weapons, which carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in federal prison, the attorney's office said. The complaint said the group conducted firearms training in Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania, in the Pocono Mountains. It also said Shnewer conducted surveillance at several U.S. military sites: Fort Dix and Fort Monmouth in New Jersey, Dover Air Force Base in Delaware, and the U.S. Coast Guard building in Philadelphia. It said Tatar acquired a map of Fort Dix and distributed it to others. According to the FBI affidavit, Tatar had delivered pizzas to Fort Dix while working for his family's restaurant, and Shnewer said Tatar knew the base "like the palm of his hand." According to the complaint, Dritan Duka ordered four AK-47 Kalashnikov fully automatic machine guns as well as M-16 firearms and handguns, and Shnewer ordered an AK-47 Kalashnikov. Authorities said there is no suspected link to any international terrorist group. White House spokesman Tony Snow said the six "are not being charged with being members of an international terrorism organization. At least at this point there is no evidence they received direction from international foreign terrorist organizations. However their involvement in weapons training, operational surveillance, and discussions about killing American military personnel warranted a strong law enforcement response." While authorities are glad to have arrested them, the individuals are "hardly hard-core terrorists," one law enforcement source said. Another source said that while the allegations are "troubling," they are "not the type that made the hair on the back of your neck stand up." Fort Dix is used to train members of the Army Reserve and National Guard for missions in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world. It was used in 1999 to house ethnic Albanian refugees from Kosovo, according to the Defense Department Web site.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: 'Islamic radicals' chargedwith plot to kill FortDix soldiers

The only silver lining in this case is the fact that informants who tipped the FBI were muslims. Goes to show support for these thugs is waning in the muslim community and they are more than willing to co-operate with authorities to foil these terror acts.
chalo kuchh to positve news hai.. They better not think about anything adventurous again otherwise they would pay big time. If they thought they are the only loony brigade then they have not seen what america is capable of if rubbed the wrong way.

Re: 'Islamic radicals' chargedwith plot to kill FortDix soldiers man these frackers are making it difficult for students like us who travel vast distances, are constantly under scrutiny and must face the wraith of the immigration dept out on a quest to vindicate itself of substandard performance when loones like this slip through the cracks. people need to understand that this is not an immigration issue, but a matter of policy. if you have a policy of aggression, its only going to breed aggression... its like watching a promising heir turn into the prodical son! the united states of kennedy, johnson (prior to vietnam), carter and then later bush senior and clinton gave hope to the world that there is infact a single superpower both benevolent and just that can be expected to prevent regional conflicts from boiling over and assisting nations in distress... that united states is now viewed as a tyrant by many. yet there is hope... for every radical neo con in this country, there is one moderate and one over zealous humanist. and then there is also Noam Chomsky!

people need to understand that this is not an immigration issue' date=' but a matter of policy. if you have a policy of aggression, its only going to breed aggression..[/quote'] What good did Gandhiesque policies do while facing the same menace ?
what are you talking about?

Re: 'Islamic radicals' chargedwith plot to kill FortDix soldiers Agreed , policy of aggression breeds more aggression. But we are dealing with an enemy here who are devil incarnates. We cannot reason with these radicals anymore. Gandhi's policy wouldn't have worked with these thug Al queda who are brainwashed beyond hope. Imagine coming to USA ,enjoying all the freedom and other benefits here and then plotting to harm the very country which has given them so much in the name of Jihad.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: 'Islamic radicals' chargedwith plot to kill FortDix soldiers Nobody cud be more peace loving than Gandhi if that fellow gave up on these incorrigible brain-deads then well what chance we lesser mortals have. Danda seems to work better. USA muslim better behaved : Reason big danda is waiting Canada muslim : again absence of danda goads them to ask for shariah. [ And the clowns who are saying it was not whole shariah well you aren't fooling anyone. Shariah as far as non-muslims are concertned is tainted in toto. No matter what u do u aren't going to convince non-muslims the beauty of religious persecution ( no preaching allowed, jazyah tax justified etc etc). U asking partial shariah supposedly not so problematic ones is like nazi's asking for partial nazism to be brought in place. If u love shariah so much there are 50+ shariah haven and I am sure one of them will most certainly give u entry] UK muslims : Going crazy; again absence of danda is the reason PS: Even in denmark cartoon episode for close to four months nobody complained the complain and craze-display started when Denis govt tendered and apology. Aftre this vultures sensed weakness and then went on rampage.

Canada muslim : again absence of danda goads them to ask for shariah. [ And the clowns who are saying it was not whole shariah well you aren't fooling anyone. Shariah as far as non-muslims are concertned is tainted in *****. No matter what u do u aren't going to convince non-muslims the beauty of religious persecution ( no preaching allowed, jazyah tax justified etc etc). U asking partial shariah supposedly not so problematic ones is like nazi's asking for partial nazism to be brought in place. If u love shariah so much there are 50+ shariah haven and I am sure one of them will most certainly give u entry] UK muslims : Going crazy; again absence of danda is the reason
I would have agreed with you , if we were having this discussion few years ago. But now, situation is different in Europe with countries like UK, Netherland ,France etc. The very fact that France elected Nicolas Sarkozy inspite of his not so flattering record in terms of PC and muslims , is a clear indication that these countries are going the USA route with the Danda thing. I would agree on Canada though which I feel has failed to reign on these Sharia lovers. But they will also come around.

The only country that will never come around is ours ...
How many from the Ummah join the Al queda in India. Hardly Any !. I think in our case, we can try to reason with them.

Guest dada_rocks

I would have agreed with you , if we were having this discussion few years ago. But now, situation is different in Europe with countries like UK, Netherland ,France etc. The very fact that France elected Nicolas Sarkozy inspite of his not so flattering record in terms of PC and muslims , is a clear indication that these countries are going the USA route with the Danda thing. I would agree on Canada though which I feel has failed to reign on these Sharia lovers. But they will also come around.
Yes europeans are learning the ropes from usa but still they are quite lax. They better othwerwise the loony brigade is eyeing Rome because their scripture has falling of Rome to muslims as one of the signs of Qayamat. Travesty is we will suffer too with this loony brigade but then again for larger pecae in the long run this is not a great price to pay.

Guest dada_rocks

The only country that will never come around is ours ...
How many from the Ummah join the Al queda in India. Hardly Any !. I think in our case, we can try to reason with them.
KR the underlying assumptions is if no recruitment for AQ that means place is manned by peaceful resoanable folks. There are avenues other than Al-Qaida. We have indian versions not as efficient as AQ but SIMI dukhtaran-e-millat etc etc are doing their bit and then we have ISI cells in every nook and corner. Come to Bihar and patrol the nepal border and u will see how it's dotted with medrssah in far-flunged non-descript places where there hardly is any muslim population. Well their job is anything but quranic teachings. Help urself with the details of their ultimate plan here. http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=318891446572036017&q=bangladeshi+terror

Re: 'Islamic radicals' chargedwith plot to kill FortDix soldiers SIMI is a banned organization in India and rightly so. Granted,the UPA government was being to PC and failed to take action against SIMI some time ago. Also, I can concur that their are ISI cells in every nook and corner of the country but that doesn't mean that they enjoy popular support among the Ummah. Even the PAK government accuses India of having RAW cells in every nook and corner of Pakistan .In fact , Pak government blames RAW for the unrest in Baluch. But the large scale radicalization is absent in India as can be seen from the fact that AQ does not have Indian muslims in their fold. Even the terror plot that was foiled in NJ was because moderate muslims co-operated with law enforcement and FBI. This is the audience we need to engage in , if future terror threats are to be foiled by these islamic radicals.

I would have agreed with you ' date=' if we were having this discussion few years ago. But now, situation is different in Europe with countries like UK, Netherland ,France etc. The very fact that France elected Nicolas Sarkozy inspite of his not so flattering record in terms of PC and muslims , is a clear indication that these countries are going the USA route with the Danda thing. I would agree on Canada though which I feel has failed to reign on these Sharia lovers. But they will also come around.[/quote'] Yes europeans are learning the ropes from usa but still they are quite lax. They better othwerwise the loony brigade is eyeing Rome because their scripture has falling of Rome to muslims as one of the signs of Qayamat. Travesty is we will suffer too with this loony brigade but then again for larger pecae in the long run this is not a great price to pay.
do u have any idea, how many bangladeshi immigrants, u will find in Rome .... u will think, it is west bengal, for a second... no kidding...

Guest dada_rocks

do u have any idea, how many bangladeshi immigrants, u will find in Rome .... u will think, it is west bengal, for a second... no kidding...
Had no idea but there idea of rome falling to muslim is more tha immigrants I guess. They want it the way constantinopole fell.

Guest dada_rocks

SIMI is a banned organization in India and rightly so. Granted' date='the UPA government was being to PC and failed to take action against SIMI some time ago. Also, I can concur that their are ISI cells in every nook and corner of the country but that doesn't mean that they enjoy popular support among the Ummah. Even the PAK government accuses India of having RAW cells in every nook and corner of Pakistan .In fact , Pak government blames RAW for the unrest in Baluch. But the large scale radicalization is absent in India as can be seen from the fact that AQ does not have Indian muslims in their fold. Even the terror plot that was foiled in NJ was because moderate muslims co-operated with law enforcement and FBI. This is the audience we need to engage in , if future terror threats are to be foiled by these islamic radicals.[/quote'] Even today Mulayam harbours SIMI to the extent he can. I don't buy that large ascale radicalization is absent those mushrooming medressah's sole purpose is radicalization. Forget what pak is accusing I am worried about what India is facing. I want to see more and more muslims coming out and blowing cover of the traitorous elements who live among them. But all i get to see is the tirade after every big bombing how they are being victimised. No terrorist can execute his plan without local support.

Also' date=' I can concur that their are ISI cells in every nook and corner of the country but that doesn't mean that they enjoy popular support among the Ummah[/quote'] But the no.of dead bodies and the steady rise of subversive activities tells a different story .... I know we much rather prefer to be blissfully ignorant about it ... but we have been bitten waaay too many times and for tooo long to keep brushing this under the carpet.... Like I said what will it take for us to realize ? Are we waiting for Jammu,Punjab,UP and some other state to be cleansed out before we officially pass a memorandum ?
The number of dead bodies is on the steady rise even for the Ummah courtesy Gujarat and Mumbai riots. Still no action has been taken against the leaders who have directly or indirectly participated in these crimes or the actual perpetuators. As far as Punjab is concerned , last I checked , it was some members of the Sikh community which tried it's hands in cleansing it from India. Agree with you on Kashmir though.Any member of the Ummah supporting LET or any other terrorist organizations should be booked under TADA. Also, encourage mass migration of Hindus/Christians /Sikhs etc to Kashmir if they have the courage ofcourse. Have a uniform civil code and take legal action against any members of the Ummah and PSec's Hindus opposed to it. Are you suggesting that guys like Shah Rukh, Javed Akthar, Shabhana Azmi, muslims in BJP like Arif Mohd. Khan or Najma Heptullah etc support ISI activity or Sharia. In fact , Javed Akthar is also part of a forum called Muslims for Secular Democracy (MSD).

Are you suggesting that guys like Shah Rukh' date=' Javed Akthar, Shabhana Azmi, muslims in BJP like Arif Mohd. Khan or Najma Heptullah etc support ISI activity or Sharia[/quote'] What clout do these individuals have on the masses ? close to ZILCH. If they did we wouldnt have had to witness things like Rallies in support of Saddam Hussain, OBL, a seperate Civil code etc etc ... never mind the mindless violence. BTW we said these same things many times back in the past ... the most significant one being in 1947 when we were summararily told that all the "Bad Eggs" were shipped out ... BTW remember the mullah-in-chiefs open statement expressing desire to return Delhi to a sultanate type rule ? Very Secular indeed.
Again , I can agree that mullah in chief Shahi Imam is a disgrace to the country and legal action should be taken against him or any perputuator who was involved in terrorism in Kashmir directly or indirectly. Would you support legal action against Modi or thackerey.