And our journey almost ends here :((

The Dark Horse

I can see Chennai retaining Dhoni. Wouldn't the likes of Vijay' date=' Badri, Balaji, Ashwin fall under the catchment area and not part of the auction. So they will be retained?? On second thoughts would it make more sense to retain Raina and let Dhoni go??[/quote'] Nah, I think the catchment rule is that you need to draft in minimum of 4 players or so from the catchment area in your squad.
No one taking Raina from us Dhoni Raina Ashwin Albie
Raina is arguably the best t20 Indian batsman at the moment. As I said earlier, he would easily fetch more if he moves out. The only thing keeping him back is whatever loyalty he has built in the past 3 years with the CSK management. From the retention rule, the first player gets 1.8M, the second 1.3M, third, 0.9M, and fourth 0.5M So Dhoni would most likely be the first player, and Raina is looking at 1.3M. He may settle for it but I reckon the new teams would definitely be looking to dish out more than that for him. What would you do if you were Raina?:--D [edit] Oh wait, Raina may get money on the side in addition to the 1.3M to cover the auction costs as well.. probably off the record. Yeah that's the conspiracy angle but hey what's stopping the management from doing this.

On one hand, i hope Murali vijay, Ashwin, Raina and Dhoni are retained but on the other hand i feel that they need to move out to get a contract that they deserve. Murali vijay, CSK's best batsman in the last one year and Ashwin, best bowler in CL and CSK's best in IPL get just 30,000$. Even if they are retained after Dhoni and Raina, One of Ashwin and Murali will get just 500,000$ when they will be the 1st pick after the tendulkar's and Yuvraj's and will get close to or more than a million. This is what i feel most of the guys should/will get in auction, Dhoni - 1.7 million + easily (Now-1.5 million) Raina - 3rd highest after Dhoni and Sachin ~ 1.5 million $(Now-650,000) Ashwin ~ 1 million $ (Now-30,000) Murali Viay ~ 900,000 $ (Now-30,000) Badrinath - 300,000$ (Now-30,000) Balaji - 250,000 $ (Now-30,000) Jakati - 200,000 $ (Now-30,000) Srikanth - 150,000 $ (Now-30,000) That is 6 million $ or more for the the local core of the team in the last 1 year. Now they are paying, 2.35 million $ for the same with the bulk going to just Dhoni. CSK cannot afford to keep the same team even if they want to. All the tamil players deserve to go into the auction and get paid more than Ishant sharma and Yuvraj.