Ranji Trophy 2010-11: Super League

Well I was actually surprised he got a game in that series considering he was a back up for Yuvi and Dhoni played him ahead of Raina and we all know what happened with Tiwari afterwards' date='he was never going to be given a long run in that series and also considering the fact that was the only series Rohit along with some talent ,also scored some runs,so he was bound to be given more chances than him[/quote'] Well there have been many Useless series after that where we played Zimbabwe, he could have got a look in. Never saw a player getting one game and being dropped after that. It means he was not talented enough to play for India , But then again if he was not talented enough how did he got into the squad. Same with Badrinath in Test Matches. Selectors and our Management are backing Ordinary Talents for quite a while now, and ignoring players who are beter than Ordinary. Atleast they should get 3-4 chances to Fail .
I haven't seen him in Ranjis though, in IPL 4 he was okay. Poor man's IKP I'd say :--D Tiwary I agree, he can be a good limited overs playa, better than Saurabh (from what I've seen). Though I don't see him getting selected for the national squad.
Yes i dont see him too, But is it fair on the part of Him and the selectors to back Non performers like Rohit and Jadeja ahead of him who got no chance to prove even if he is poor than Rohit and Jadeja.
Well there have been many Useless series after that where we played Zimbabwe' date=' he could have got a look in. Never saw a player getting one game and being dropped after that. It means he was not talented enough to play for India , But then again if he was not talented enough how did he got into the squad. Same with Badrinath in Test Matches. Selectors and our Management are backing Ordinary Talents for quite a while now, and ignoring players who are beter than Ordinary. Atleast they should get 3-4 chances to Fail .[/quote'] Well bottom line is if you are not in scheme of things of the management,then only way to get a look into the squad is by becoming a run machine,score heavily in domestic cricket and on A -TOURS,which Tiwari hasnt done and when it comes to getting a chance I think both Rahane and Pujara should have played for India IN odi's ahead of both Tiwari and Rohit
Well bottom line is if you are not in scheme of things of the management' date='then only way to get a look into the squad is by becoming a run machine,score heavily in domestic cricket and on A -TOURS,which Tiwari hasnt done and when it comes to getting a chance I think both Rahane and Pujara should have played for India IN odi's ahead of both Tiwari and Rohit[/quote'] Agreed on that. But little surprised how you suddenly get into scheme of things and Suddenly phase out. Tiwary hasnt done well in Domestic and A tours, But once he was selected to play for India he should have got chances to prove his worth. Thats my Point.
Agreed on that. But little surprised how you suddenly get into scheme of things and Suddenly phase out. Tiwary hasnt done well in Domestic and A tours' date=' But once he was selected to play for India he should have got chances to prove his worth. Thats my Point.[/quote'] Ya agree he should have been given a chance to succeed or fail but problem was after CB series next ODI tournament was played in June,and in between was IPL,many ODI selection afterwards for Kitply cup and asia cup was made on basis of IPL prfromamnces and unfrotunately for Tiwari he didnt get enough chances from DD and on the flip side Yususf and rohit blossomed for their franchises and hence were given chances and Tiwari withered away
Doesnt matter who the teams are or the captain is' date=' No one can stop the Mumbai juggernaut on their way to their 40th Ranji title.[/quote'] Nah. Won't be Mumbai this year. Have you seen their provisional squad? There is hardly any experience in the squad apart from Jaffer and Agarkar. It'll be a tough learning experience for the Mumbai newbies.
Viru's Delhi :D
Nope. Not Delhi either. It has a weak team. Just check the squad announced. And the attack is really weak. I'm waiting for Baroda, UP and Karnataka to name their teams to even predict who might do well this time.
Nah. Won't be Mumbai this year. Have you see their provisional squad. There is hardly any experience in the squad apart from Jaffer and Agarkar. It'll be a tough learning experience for the Mumbai newbies.
Chandan, You must be kidding me, other than our wicketkeeper who is a legend in his own way, Vinayak Samant, I dont see any major names missing there. 8 out of the 11 that played last year's thrilling final against Karnataka are still in the squad. Jaffer Rahane Rohit Sharma Nayar Agarkar Powar Abdullah Kulkarni Salvi Thats the core of our team right there, the fringe players will also be eager to prove their worth, discount the Mumbai Ranji Team at your own peril, I sadly did that last year. :P

Tiwary has been unlucky so far in his career. Got injured during the BD tour after the 2007 WC (where he certain to make his debut), went to Australia, got a beauty from Lee and went out of the team, had a horrific IPL and lost his place in the ODI team. Has had an inconsistent domestic season for the last 2 years. Had an opportunity on the India A tours, but could not do much. But his form in the challenger trophy and the recent domestic t20s has been good so far. Hopefully he can carry on the good work and end up scoring bulk of runs. is a good fielder, can play the short ball well and has a brilliant footwork against spinners, all in all a good package. With some luck and some consistent performances, he surely will be a contender for a ODI spot.

Tiwary has been unlucky so far in his career. Got injured during the BD tour after the 2007 WC (where he certain to make his debut)' date=' went to Australia, got a beauty from Lee and went out of the team, [b']had a horrific IPL and lost his place in the ODI team. Has had an inconsistent domestic season for the last 2 years. Had an opportunity on the India A tours, but could not do much. But his form in the challenger trophy and the recent domestic t20s has been good so far. Hopefully he can carry on the good work and end up scoring bulk of runs. is a good fielder, can play the short ball well and has a brilliant footwork against spinners, all in all a good package. With some luck and some consistent performances, he surely will be a contender for a ODI spot.
Thats the mistake our selectors do, Selecting players on the basis of IPL form.
Thats the mistake our selectors do' date=' Selecting players on the basis of IPL form.[/quote'] TBH IPL 1 got everyone excited. The likes of Raina, Yusuf Pathan, Rohit all doing well and hitting good bowlers for 6s with ease gave a number of us (including me) a false sense of belief. Good thing was it did not last too long!

Penal Shah to lead, but Irfan's absence in first two Ranji matches may cost Baroda dear It will be a disappointing start to the Ranji season for cricket buffs in the city as Baroda's star player Irfan Pathan will be missing the first two matches. More... Irfan's absence in first two Ranji matches may cost Baroda dear Tushar Tere, TNN, Oct 26, 2010 VADODARA: It will be a disappointing start to the Ranji season for cricket buffs in the city as Baroda's star player Irfan Pathan will be missing the first two matches. Irfan's name has not been included in the 15 probables for the Ranji team that was declared by Baroda Cricket Association (BCA) selectors on Monday night. His absence will hit the team hard that is already struggling to revive its fortunes for last three Ranji seasons. Recovering from back injury over last couple of months, Irfan has decided to focus on his fitness before he returns to the Ranji games. Sources said Irfan has briefed selectors about his fitness issues and possible period of his comeback. "He is one of the mainstays of the team and his absence will definitely affect the team's performance. Though, we have experienced batsmen and bowlers, Irfan's presence works as a morale booster for the squad. Also, look at his last year's Ranji performance," said a BCA official. "He is currently in Bangalore working on his fitness. We will get a fair idea about his availability once he starts bowling and batting a bit in the nets," the official added. Baroda has been putting up a dismal show over last three Ranji seasons, failing to qualify even for quarter-finals. The performance has been far from impressive from the days when Baroda regularly made it to the semi-finals. In fact, the team barely managed to save itself from relegation to plate league last season. Irfan had played five matches in 2009-10 season and scored 397 runs apart from bagging 22 wickets. He had missed the first two matches in last season too owing to knee injury. "Irfan scored highest runs and took highest number of wickets last season. His presence is important along with Yusuf Pathan, Munaf Patel, Connor Williams and Satyajit Parab," said sources in BCA. The team however has Hyderabad batsman Ambati Rayudu on its side this season. Rayudu shifted to Baroda from Hyderabad for 2010-11 season and he scored 473 runs from seven Ranji matches last season. Young faces like Jaikishan Kolsawala, Kedar Deodhar, Bhargav Bhatt, Swapnil Singh, Sankalp Vohra, Abhimanyu Chauhan and Utkarsh Patel have been included in the team along with experienced faces like Rakesh Solanki, Ajitesh Argal and Murtuja Vohra. Pinal Shah will lead the team while Yusuf will be vice-captain. SQUAD: Pinal Shah (c/wk) Utkarsh Patel Kedar Hemant Devdhar Ajitesh Argal Bhargav Bhatt Abhimanyu Chauhan Jaykishan Kolsawala Munaf Patel Yusuf Pathan Ambati Rayudu Rakesh Solanki Swapnil Singh Murtuja Vahora Sankalp Vohra Connor Williams