Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Gaurav

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! People from the Japanese islands particularly Okinawa are reported to have the longest life expectancy in the world. This has in part been attributed to the local diet here. The diet consists of a relatively low intake of calories, with fish and other types of marine foods as some of its main staples. It has highest number of septagarians per capita in the world. So , I don't buy this vegetarian diet being the best personally. Even the ovo-lacto vegitarian diest which is still very good does not address the human bodies need for essential amino acids although walnut and flaxseed are the exception . Fish has plenty of omega 3 fatty acids which are essential for the heart function and brain development. In fact , even the aged people of okinawa are able to arrest the development of age related coronary diseases like blood pressure, heart attack etc.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Even the ovo-lacto vegitarian diest which is still very good does not address the human bodies need for essential amino acids although walnut and flaxseed are the exception .
Isnt that a contradictory statement ? Walnuts and flaxeed are perfectly fine with ovo-lacto-vegans and they have their uses in Indian cuisines too. You are also forgetting the base criteria for this type of discussion. We are not comparing dietary practices. Lotta people dont know lotta stuff bout food, eat badly etc etc. There are financial constraints, availability constraints etc etc too. This is comparing people who are well read about their diets & cover the essential nutritional groups. As far as i am aware, you cover every single amino acid on the planet if you are an ovo-lacto vegitarian. Eggs + Milk + beans + lentils = all variety of essential protiens. You only miss out on the easy access of Iron and vitamin Bs if you forgoe meat but there are veggies to replace that too.

aaah' date=' chicken breast. That is the healthiest thing you could EVER eat.[/quote'] Right on! Best form of food for protein and absolutely no carbs and ridiculous fat. However be aware Predator that it doesnt have any fibre. In other words it would reside in your body unless you use some fibre to flush it out. Go heavy on broccoli or asparaghus. Coming back to milk being unhealthy, its a crappy statement. Milk is one of the best things one can have, and in a way the only complete food. Nothing else is as complete as milk. Now of course depending on your age you should either go for whole milk or fat free milk etc etc but definitely include in your diet. GKD dont listen to all these "experts". The other day I also read that oral s*x leads to throat cancer, now would you give that up too? :hic: xxx

No you didn't. Lurker and i posed that question in the Fitness Thread and you never responded.
What was the question? I must have missed it :hic: Don't forget that one of the greatest athletes ever was and is a VEGAN!!!! Carl Lewis the great. He kicked all your meat eaters butt and even came close to beating the steroid pumped Ben Johnson in that famous race. Regarding yanks being the fittest-
2002 The business research group issued results of a world health survey showing Belgium topping a 175-nation health chart. Belgium is followed by Iceland, the Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Italy, Norway and Australia.

Don't forget that one of the greatest athletes ever was and is a VEGAN!!!! Carl Lewis the great. He kicked all your meat eaters butt and even came close to beating the steroid monkey Ben Johnson.
Phir wahi murge ki ek taang!! Arre boss thats like saying in your locality there is this lad who topped every freaking University he went to - Oxford or Cambridge. Doesnt mean that you would do the same(no disrespect). Check the odds and then come back and tell us which diet has historically aced most competition. xxx

Even the ovo-lacto vegitarian diest which is still very good does not address the human bodies need for essential amino acids although walnut and flaxseed are the exception .
Isnt that a contradictory statement ? Walnuts and flaxeed are perfectly fine with ovo-lacto-vegans and they have their uses in Indian cuisines too. You are also forgetting the base criteria for this type of discussion. We are not comparing dietary practices. Lotta people dont know lotta stuff bout food, eat badly etc etc. There are financial constraints, availability constraints etc etc too. This is comparing people who are well read about their diets & cover the essential nutritional groups. As far as i am aware, you cover every single amino acid on the planet if you are an ovo-lacto vegitarian. Eggs + Milk + beans + lentils = all variety of essential protiens. You only miss out on the easy access of Iron and vitamin Bs if you forgoe meat but there are veggies to replace that too.
The point is walnut and flaxseed are more exotic and are not easily available or affordable in most places in the world. You don't need to be well read about diets to know that fish is very good for the human body although the mercury content in salmon or some other fish could be an issue. I don't think you will get your omega 3 fatty acids from Eggs + Milk + beans + lentils etc.So , this diet is still lacking in this key ingredient, in my opinion.

Check the odds and then come back and tell us which diet has historically aced most competition.
Its funny you say that. If one were to follow ancient mongolian/viking folklore, they often make fun of the Greeks or the Chinese for 'being like horses and eating grass' in reference to their veggie-heavy diet. And conversely, ancient Indians, Greeks, Egyptians made fun of the 'barbarians' to the north being savage meat-eating freaks. To answer your question,yes we can all see which diet has historically 'aced' most competition, even though it may not be true for the last 1000-odd years or so. I hope you realize that all this talk about meat = healthy ( categorically false unless comes with the qualifier 'in serious moderation, much less in quantity than the average western consumption') is primarily funded by the cattle lobby. You connect the dots..cattle lobby, pro meat stuff, funding, conclusion ?

GKD dont listen to all these "experts". The other day I also read that oral s*x leads to throat cancer, now would you give that up too? :hic: *****
I am not that is why I am a vegetarian and not a full blown Vegan. That said the jury is still out on milk. What is a fact is that milk and meat industry is very powerful and we know exactly how easily it is to manipulate everything in this world. Yeah but oral sex leads you to hell so I don't do it :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Damn I need to go supermarket or I definitely won't be getting any from my wife :lmao:

I don't think you will get your omega 3 fatty acids from Eggs + Milk + beans + lentils etc.
Eggs = omega3 source Not as good a source as fish but adequate supply for human beings. Omega3 is something you need sparingly anyways. Look this is the reason the study concluded ovo-lacto vegitarians are the best in diet, not vegans. A lot of 'meat is good' talk focuses on 'vegan only diet' for counterpoint. Which is not true. Milk + eggs + balanced veggies = all nutritional bases covered. But it doesnt come with the same amount of badness as meat comes with. Cholesterol, free radicals, prions, etc.

The point is walnut and flaxseed are more exotic and are not easily available or affordable in most places in the world.
Very easily available in the west mate.

Its funny you say that. If one were to follow ancient mongolian/viking folklore, they often make fun of the Greeks or the Chinese for 'being like horses and eating grass' in reference to their veggie-heavy diet. And conversely, ancient Indians, Greeks, Egyptians made fun of the 'barbarians' to the north being savage meat-eating freaks.
CC, My quote was in reference to sports competitions(in response to Carl Lewis being a vegan comment).
I hope you realize that all this talk about meat = healthy ( categorically false unless comes with the qualifier 'in serious moderation, much less in quantity than the average western consumption') is primarily funded by the cattle lobby. You connect the dots..cattle lobby, pro meat stuff, funding, conclusion ?
No I dont buy that. Simply stating all calories are not born equal. To be in good shape your body needs a good steady intake of calories from proteins. And quality proteins can only be obtained from poultry, milk, meat and vegetable sources like soy or lentils. Of these poultry proteins(egg whites and chicken breasts) are purest form and also most bio-available(readily digested by human body). You should obviously add milk and soy based proteins to make sure your body has complete amino acid profile but if I had to put weightage I would say take 75% of your proteins from poultry(or red meat if you eat it) and 25% from milk and plant sources. xxx

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! i dont wat we have done to milk in america.... nowadays, i am repelled by it.... wen i was young and in india, i used to consume 2 glasses of milk a day, morning and night.... but since i have been to US, my stomach cannot tolerate a glass of milk.... i am fine with yogurt, cheese and all tht or even milk in a small cup.... but if i ever drink a glass, watch me run to the shyte-house in an hour.... wen i go to europe or india, again i am fine with milk there....

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! I would agree with you on all above except the insistance on meat. Eggs + Milk + various veggie products ( beans -soy is just one type of beans, i said many beans, lentils etc.) do provide complete nutrition. And yes, i agree availability and convinience is an issue. But it is still pretty categoric that continuous meat consumption puts you at a much greater risk of cardiovascular & gastrointestinal troubles later on in life. My biggest gripe with meat (even though i am a meat-eater) is that of the facking hormones. Don't say 'free-range' - they are not that common and they usually cost an arm & a leg to buy. Fishes have way too much murcury/arsenic in them, especially bottom-dwellers like lobsters & shrimps etc.

i dont wat we have done to milk in america.... nowadays, i am repelled by it.... wen i was young and in india, i used to consume 2 glasses of milk a day, morning and night.... but since i have been to US, my stomach cannot tolerate a glass of milk.... i am fine with yogurt, cheese and all tht or even milk in a small cup.... but if i ever drink a glass, watch me run to the *****-house in an hour.... wen i go to europe or india, again i am fine with milk there....
I envy you. You got an inbuilt growth-hormone-laden-meat/milk rejection system perfectly integrated with your digestive systems ! :hic:

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Americans are the fittest of all? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That's the most ridiculous thing you could ever say. IIRC, the obesity and overweight % and rate have been steadily increasing in the USA.

My biggest gripe with meat (even though i am a meat-eater) is that of the facking hormones. Don't say 'free-range' - they are not that common and they usually cost an arm & a leg to buy.
Yes and no CC. It depends on what body part you are eating really. Egg whites are purest form of protein. NO fat, no cholestrol. Mind you I say egg whites and not eggs as jury is still out on egg yolks. You can consume a good amount of egg whites(even a dozen or two) in a day and your body doesnt suffer adversly. For meat, chicken breast are greats. They are probably 90-95% of proteins and very little fat that elevate your cholestrol. And if you grill or boil it that 5% fat(mostly skin) also melts away. The trick is to have a lot of fibre when you eat lots of egg whites and chicken breast. Simply because the former doesnt have any fibre and hence you would get a feeling of "backed up". Load your diet with lot of broccoli and asparaghus and you should be okay. Another good option is lentils but be careful because their protein content is quite less and hence you may take in a lot more than what you need. Of course this diet(heavy protein) is for those intersted in building a nice body, if you are intersted in having good health you dont need to go so heavy. xxxx

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! I was gonna write similar stuff, but CC already made a post. Yeah, when you can get all the stuff you need without killing another animal, imo that's a better choice. Plus you don't get the side-effects of animal fat and hormones.

Yes and no CC. It depends on what body part you are eating really.
Umm hello..hormones buddy..hormones...its in everywhere..if you are pumping the cow with hormones, you are eating those hormones eventually..not good imo.